Silent Hill: Homecoming - A Family Matter *spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

>But not how you spell write :wink:
Wow, I fail.
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

i think i read this somewhere before. the sense of duty and family tied together is a common theme. usually, in all circumstances, those two never are far from each other. the idea of a family comes from a sense of duty and faith, since one usually feels it is their duty to protect their family, such as Holloway believed she was doing. the military motif is nothing more than another layer on the duty and faith theme. the conflict between love and duty is almost like a civil war. love and duty have many things in common, almost the same thing. it is a comparison, a test to see where loyalty (love) truly lies: on earth (human family), and the gods. Alex's isolation from his own family shows that humans can be monsters, worse than what Silent Hill can produce. ruin an entire life, make it miserable. while the monsters can only end it. thats not the central conflict however, the choice has been made, family and life are more important than devotion to a god, according to Alex. his purpose, although he may not know it, is to make a radical change in Shepherd's Glen to basically overthrow an entire religion and break the town's ties from its "mother city"
i know basically repeated a lot of things above.
the midnight rasta
Just Passing Through

Post by the midnight rasta »

... wow

that is bad ass! man i i havent played the game for a few months but after the like 4th time i beat it i started to realise how awesome the story to this one was and i started to think about the different conflicts he deals with in his own crazy ass head but now i read your post it sounds a whole lot more awesome then when i first started thinkin about it cuz i kinda just was like " wow this story is realy good and has a realy great plot... i want waffles. :o "
so anyways that was a good read and i like your perspective on this games plot.
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

maybe the strongest point of Homecoming is the story, I've heard a lots of complains about Homecoming but the story shines.
death is in my blood