Basic Strategies for most Monsters!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Wangman
Just Passing Through

Basic Strategies for most Monsters!

Post by Wangman »

Alright, I'm doing this solely from memory, so please remind me of any that I missed and feel free to post your own strategies!

*this does not cover the boss monsters-these are made for normal difficulty*

KEY- LA = Light Attack, SA = Strong Attack.

Lurker:

Use your knife. Either rush up to it before it notices you, or use a forward dodge + counterattack to get in close. Perform a quick 4 hit combo (LA+LA+LA+SA) repeatadly until it dies.

OR

Use your axe. Either get close, and unleash a 2 hit combo (LA+LA) to kill it very quickly, or forward dodge counterattack it, then use a single SA. Both of these lead to a decapitation.

Schism:

Take out your axe. Keep your distance-about 2 to 3 feet away from it. Forward dodge counterattack it once, then dodge backwards (sometimes twice) to evade its response. Rinse, wash, and repeat. If it rears back, dodge to your left or right to avoid its grasp.

Siam:

Take out your knife. Let it get close, then time your dodges well to match each of its attacks. Don't counterattack, it leaves time for the bastard to smack you. Eventually, it'll do a sweeping attack that reveals it's backside. Dodge this but DO NOT COUNTERATTACK, this will make you lose your opportunity to combo it! As soon as Alex is done dodging, perform a 4 hit quick combo (LA+LA+LA+SA) on the legs on the back. Rinse, wash, and repeat until it is stunned. Finish it off.

Needler:

Take out your knife. Keep enough distance just so it won't attempt to attack. Dodge to your right and counterattack it's side. Unleash quick combos mercilessly on it's side-you should be able to keep striking without it being able to turn and block. If it does, dodge backwards to get some distance, and then repeat the strategy.

Keep in mind, this is a work in progress guide.
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
DeadShadow

Post by DeadShadow »

Wangman wrote:Needler:

Take out your knife. Keep enough distance just so it won't attempt to attack. Dodge to your right and counterattack it's side. Unleash quick combos mercilessly on it's side-you should be able to keep striking without it being able to turn and block. If it does, dodge backwards to get some distance, and then repeat the strategy.

The Knife works Great, and I also Recommend using the Fire Axe on these Monsters!

Once you Dodge their Slash, add in a Blow and then a Combo which will bring them to a Stun if not try again.. Then just keep beating them intill it's Finished..
PHFTW
Just Passing Through

Post by PHFTW »

dodge, lightx3, strong with the knife will take care of pretty much everything