Missing pictures in Shepherd house.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

clips wrote:Haha...sorry but Alex is not gay...you can draw conclusions, but whoever wrote that is reaching incredibly hard....i never got the impression that alex was like that. All i ever figured out was that he had a previous relationship with Elle...
The two are friends, canonically. Any romantic inclinations are purely unfounded speculation. The Alex is Gay theory has some incredibly nice evidence for it, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

clips wrote:Haha...sorry but Alex is not gay...you can draw conclusions, but whoever wrote that is reaching incredibly hard....i never got the impression that alex was like that. All i ever figured out was that he had a previous relationship with Elle...
Well, the very accurate evidence that supports the theory decides against you ;)
Elaborating to extremes is normal. But this theory almost screams fact to me. This one actually gives some hard out ideas, unlike other very unlikely ones.
Rhen2002
Just Passing Through

Post by Rhen2002 »

There was a picture here. It's gone now.

^ Best part.
SHF

Post by SHF »

there is no indication he was gay.
He is not in any of the pictures because he was to be the next sacrifice. It seemed that it was a personal thing for his family to brush away alex's existence. It was too painful perhaps.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

whoever came up with that crap theory shouldn't be allowed to play another SH game, ever. i can't believe folks even take that BS seriously. wow.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Skele wrote:whoever came up with that crap theory shouldn't be allowed to play another SH game, ever. i can't believe folks even take that BS seriously. wow.
unless they were joking. of course.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

The whole Alex being gay theory is the most out-of-left-field theory I've read in a long time. It relies mainly on speculation. At what point were we given evidence that Adam walked in on Alex with anyone? Especially another guy? He asked if Josh wanted to be like Alex, because of all the "make believe" - the whole radio show thing.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Also, if you believe that Hospital ending was the one intended by the developers, it could also be his subconscious mind telling him everything he's going through is in fact make believe.

I also believe Adam spoke to Josh in this way about his brother to isolate him from Alex further. When the time came for Alex to be sacrificed, it would make it that much easier on Adam, their mother, and Josh.

I've played the game multiple times and have never once gotten the impression that Alex was gay. We are meant to draw some sort of romantic inclinations between both Elle and Alex because they've been friends for a long time and are clearly very close. Elle clearly has some feelings for Alex, the only reason he seems oblivious to this (or he's ignoring it) is because he truly believes Josh, his father, and others are hurt/missing/dead and needs to do something about it. In his own words, because he "protects people."

Furthermore, I personally don't see the Schism as a phallus. I see it as a very literal manifestation of a split in Alex's mind about his identity (his delusions that he's a soldier), and the split between the Order and the SG sect. Dual heads, dual meanings.

As for the Siam, it is a clear reference to SH2. The male portion could be James "carrying" Mary on his back, symbolizing his guilt. It could also represent Alex being carried along by his guilt. Eventually, his guilt and the truth, like the Siam will come crashing through the walls he's put up in his mind. That's one reason I believe the Siam is in the game in the first place: in a lot of respects the stories of SH2 and SHH relate. "Shades of James" anyone?

Also,
@simeonalo, Alex did not murder Josh. It was an accident.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

My view on this..
Ive always seen it as Alex was the chosen sacrefice, they isolated him from Josh, to avoid him missing alex when he's gone. This was a tough decision for the parents and to avoid anything remembering them of that terrible deed/choice they took down the pictures.
SHF

Post by SHF »

jthomp1286 wrote:The whole Alex being gay theory is the most out-of-left-field theory I've read in a long time. It relies mainly on speculation. At what point were we given evidence that Adam walked in on Alex with anyone? Especially another guy? He asked if Josh wanted to be like Alex, because of all the "make believe" - the whole radio show thing.
Also, if you believe that Hospital ending was the one intended by the developers, it could also be his subconscious mind telling him everything he's going through is in fact make believe.

I also believe Adam spoke to Josh in this way about his brother to isolate him from Alex further. When the time came for Alex to be sacrificed, it would make it that much easier on Adam, their mother, and Josh.

I've played the game multiple times and have never once gotten the impression that Alex was gay. We are meant to draw some sort of romantic inclinations between both Elle and Alex because they've been friends for a long time and are clearly very close. Elle clearly has some feelings for Alex, the only reason he seems oblivious to this (or he's ignoring it) is because he truly believes Josh, his father, and others are hurt/missing/dead and needs to do something about it. In his own words, because he "protects people."

Furthermore, I personally don't see the Schism as a phallus. I see it as a very literal manifestation of a split in Alex's mind about his identity (his delusions that he's a soldier), and the split between the Order and the SG sect. Dual heads, dual meanings.

As for the Siam, it is a clear reference to SH2. The male portion could be James "carrying" Mary on his back, symbolizing his guilt. It could also represent Alex being carried along by his guilt. Eventually, his guilt and the truth, like the Siam will come crashing through the walls he's put up in his mind. That's one reason I believe the Siam is in the game in the first place: in a lot of respects the stories of SH2 and SHH relate. "Shades of James" anyone?
Elle is attracted to alex. she cares about him very much. how? Watch closely to her body language. His body language displays his focus on his missing brother. nothing else

Also,
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

... Why did you quote someone's post without adding anything of your own to say?

Also, you guys do realize that the Alex = gay theory is from the WILD MASS GUESSING part of the TVTropes page -- in that you shouldn't take it seriously since it's WILD MASS GUESSING. :wink:
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Krist. wrote:... Why did you quote someone's post without adding anything of your own to say?

Also, you guys do realize that the Alex = gay theory is from the WILD MASS GUESSING part of the TVTropes page -- in that you shouldn't take it seriously since it's WILD MASS GUESSING. :wink:
yes. however i couldn't tell if simeonalo was being serious or not. it appeared to me as if he took the theory seriously, however i could be wrong.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Becuase the computer does that sometimes. i dont even know what a wild mass guessing is anyway.
DaAudiophile
Just Passing Through

Re: Missing pictures in Shepherd house.

Post by DaAudiophile »

I think the gay theory is interesting, but it's just digging too deep. When Adam told Joshua about keeping distance from Alex, I think it just meant Adam didn't want Joshua to get attached to Alex.
simeonalo

Re:

Post by simeonalo »

I have played the game.

I wasn't being serious about it. Did I really come off as serious? I put a winky smilie right next to the first line to show how I was kidding.

Yeah, it is interesting. And it definitely made a lot of alex x ____ fanfiction.
the Rook
Just Passing Through

Re: Missing pictures in Shepherd house. (Alex is not likely

Post by the Rook »

paladin181 wrote:
simeonalo wrote: Also, I seem to forgot:

Where does this "Adam walking in on Alex" thing is told in the game? Was it exactly something Alex mentions about it? What did he say?
That's never actually shown, or even hinted at. It's rather the delusional ramblings and wishful thinking of some people here. :P
And the Silent Hill Alex's Journal thing talks about him being attracted to the real nurses at the hospital he was in.......

the Rook
the Rook 93-93/93
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Missing pictures in Shepherd house. (Alex is not likely

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

the Rook wrote:
paladin181 wrote:
simeonalo wrote: Also, I seem to forgot:

Where does this "Adam walking in on Alex" thing is told in the game? Was it exactly something Alex mentions about it? What did he say?
That's never actually shown, or even hinted at. It's rather the delusional ramblings and wishful thinking of some people here. :P
And the Silent Hill Alex's Journal thing talks about him being attracted to the real nurses at the hospital he was in.......

the Rook
Just in case you haven't completed the game...
Uh, no. The contents of that journal were delusions. Yeah, he really was in a hospital, but it was an asylum, not an army hospital or whatever he said it was. For all we know, those nurses he was perving on could've been older and...well, to put it nicely, a lot less attractive than what he imagined. Or male. Old/unattractive and female, or just male. Either way, you can't really use that journal as evidence for anything. Not even as proof of his sexuality.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: read it
Technically, if he's lusting after what he believes to be hot chicks, that kind of precludes him being gay. If they're guys, but he sees them as hot chicks, then he's fooling himself. It's the image in his head he's lusting after, not the actual being. Therefore, that could be used as a proof of him being straight.
IF we were seriously putting this up for discussion.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

About the only picture where he is displayed- "father and kid on the lake"-- i think it's about the lake, Alex' subconscious is imposing him the picture of the Toluca lake- reminding him of Joshua's death.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I don't think anyone actually believes it was Double Helix's intentions that Alex was gay when making the game. At least, I've never seen anyone suggest that. Rather, we think that is a MUCH better and more interesting solution to the contents of the game than the "official explanation". If we are able to make all the pieces fit, we will present it as a possible truth. This has always been the case with Silent Hill theories.

I know that I personally like the theory and the game would have been much better if it went with it. The last time I played Homecoming I kept the theory in mind and I enjoyed the game a bit more. It's a good idea. No reason to get all upset and "no u wrong" about it, though.