Homecoming to be the last in the series?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Are you ready to say goodbye to the town that takes all?

NOOOOOOO! *screams bloody murder*
72%
No, but if it ended, I wouldn't be sad.
16%
Yes, it's run its course. Six installments is enough!
5%
YES! Finally... They should've stopped while they were ahead!
7%

Total votes: 138

SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

I just wish that Team Silent, didn't give away the series. The newer games don't have the same feel of the other ones. I don't want them to end, but I guess you can only go to SH a certain number of times until it gets boring. Not that it would, but hopfully it won't go to SH20...or something. :lol: jk
Yunee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yunee »

As much as I love the SH series, I can't help but think it should quit while it's still ahead- a lot of popular franchise games make a great name for themselves, have a loyel fanbase, and then when they continue to make games the standard drops, and the series ends up with a bad name. Now I love SH as much as anyone, but I certainly don't want to ever see the name being butchered in the future, as is the case with some series. ( Final Fantasy, great example. They should have stopped at FFX, and a lot of people truly belive that, me included. Now the FF fanbase has declined greatly, because of one or two less than par titles.

Of course, if they make more and more SH games, I'l be buying them ^^ :lol:
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/218/0/2/You_bet__they_die____by_Yunee.jpg[/img]

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

I love SH, but I'd rather have them end the series before killing it even more. I HATE when people try to make a new game and it sucks. Bad. I would never want SH to end up that way. Being milked out for as long as possible. Every good thing has to end sometime. Sure, I would be sad. But I would also know that SH had a good run.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Re: Homecoming to be the last in the series?

Post by game_over »

ValTanner wrote:1. If it truly were the last, Konami would've surely held out and done it themselves. Why pass off the series to someone else for the last one? They'd wanna do teh last one right, right?
Then just wanted to have a laugh at westerner developers.

Besides, what did you guys expect. The series was already milked out anyway.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

I agree with the majority about not wanting the series to end, especially with SHH as it's meager finale. But sadly, I do think it will be the end. I hope in vein for a sequel to the movie at best. The fact that Konami signed SH over to DH and their American slaves seems depressingly like a white flag to me. Konami has given up on the series. A part of me hates them for it but then another completely understands. Silent Hill started in 1999 and has carried on for 10 strong years, how can we keep waiting for new games? Not every series can be a Final Fantasy... We should celebrate what we have and stop being greedy.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

Silent Hill needs a major overhall if it wants to get back to the level it used to be at. Doors with broken locks just don't cut it any more. Smash it open with that axe you're carrying for fuck sake.
Who's the man? Me!!
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

Seal of Megatron wrote:Silent Hill needs a major overhall if it wants to get back to the level it used to be at. Doors with broken locks just don't cut it any more. Smash it open with that axe you're carrying for fuck sake.

then you are talking about some open world exploration here and I don't want SH game ispired by GTA gameplay. SHH had already too many bad moments inspired by other games(re-like coop which sucked mighty ballz in my opinion and destroyed the flow for some time). Some doors should remain closed, really. I'm preety sure I've read somewhere that next installment is being taken under consideration
Last edited by Krysta on 07 Feb 2009, edited 1 time in total.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I would like more exploration. Some doors should remain closed, but maybe some of them can be busted down.
"The Body Is Cold?"
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i dont want the series to stop neither, but they should put more efford to the script and desight rather than the fancy 3D scenic and detals
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

then you are talking about some open world exploration here and I don't want SH game ispired by GTA gameplay.
I didn't mention GTA, I was talking about putting a bit of logic into the games. The procession of broken lock doors doesn't work any more, it's just annoying. Whats wrong with being able to smash every normal door in with a fire axe, nobody says you have to. The same goes for smashing windows, pulling off a table leg to use a a weapon, pushing a creature over the top of a bannister, hitting one on the head with a brick you just found lying about, things like that.
Who's the man? Me!!
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I would also like the ability to use a shotgun or rifle is a melee weapon. Though it would be kind of weak and kind of pointless if you already have a pipe, crowbar, axe. etc. I'm thinking maybe in mid-combat you can use it as a secondary attack if they get to close/to preserve ammo.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Agreed. That's what Condemned does. You run out of ammo, just flip it over and BAM!. No more meatbag.
What Angela does to the Abstract Daddy, you should be able to do stuff like that in game. And I don't mean like Origins with it's blackhole inventory, just being able to pick up some inanimate object and skulling a monster with it would be a marked improvement.
Who's the man? Me!!
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

Let's hope if that there's another game it's better than Homecoming. And has a nice plot and characters, of course.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
iChromatic
Just Passing Through

Post by iChromatic »

Homecoming shouldn't be the end. And it won't be, because thats the stupidest way to end a series there needs to be atleast 1 other game to top it all. Like a sequel that will answer all these questions we have (not all but the most popular questions about silent hill). This won't be the last game atleast 2 or 3 more games. The series won't go on forever it will eventually end, as much as I don't want it to need they will run out of ideas and stuff.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

iChromatic wrote:Homecoming shouldn't be the end. And it won't be, because thats the stupidest way to end a series there needs to be atleast 1 other game to top it all. Like a sequel that will answer all these questions we have (not all but the most popular questions about silent hill). This won't be the last game atleast 2 or 3 more games. The series won't go on forever it will eventually end, as much as I don't want it to need they will run out of ideas and stuff.
I'm not sure they will answer any questions though, the series has been mostly stand alones with questions that can only be answered by the fans, in fact alot of people complained about how SH3 was too much of a 'SH1 for Dummies".
"The Body Is Cold?"
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I voted for the second option: "No, but if it ended, I wouldn't be sad." I do still enjoy a new Silent Hill experience, but it would make sense to me to end the series pretty soon. I may be slightly saddened at the news of the end of the series, but I'll always be able to keep playing the existing games, the oldest of which are best, in my opinion. I can't help but wonder skeptically what future games will/would be like. It's not that I don't like the newer games. I did enjoy them. But I've been worrying lately. I think that as they make more games, things will keep changing fairly drastically, and before long it won't feel like the same series to me.

AgentX7k wrote:I would also like the ability to use a shotgun or rifle is a melee weapon. Though it would be kind of weak and kind of pointless if you already have a pipe, crowbar, axe. etc. I'm thinking maybe in mid-combat you can use it as a secondary attack if they get to close/to preserve ammo.
You can do just that in Homecoming. You can only do one type of quick hit, as opposed to a couple of different moves like with actual melee weapons, but that's logical enough.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Seal of Megatron wrote:Team Silent didn't develop Homecoming, Double Helix did. The best thing Konami could do with the next game is be a bit more picky about who develops it.
I think DH did an excellent job with SHH considering the legacy they were up against. Let's face it, Double Helix is an American developer. It stands to reason that their production style, writing, etc would be influenced by western culture. I was impressed with how well they did... I wouldn't mind if Konami decided to stick with DH for the next title, (if there is one, that is)
revalations 23:16
fogfactor
Just Passing Through

Post by fogfactor »

i don't want it to end, i want more fucked up peaple kiiling monsters
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Wait... wait just a minute... All good things must come to an end?!
Why didn't I get the email about this?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Seriously, moar SH plz. <3
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

No, I don't want them to end it, because if it ended I would want it to be with a game that is ZOMG INCREDIBLY AWEZOME!
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]