Homecoming to be the last in the series?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Are you ready to say goodbye to the town that takes all?

NOOOOOOO! *screams bloody murder*
72%
No, but if it ended, I wouldn't be sad.
16%
Yes, it's run its course. Six installments is enough!
5%
YES! Finally... They should've stopped while they were ahead!
7%

Total votes: 138

nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I want to see more SH games, but i hope they do little easyer games than Origins and Homecoming.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

EileenGalvin wrote:No, I don't want them to end it, because if it ended I would want it to be with a game that is ZOMG INCREDIBLY AWEZOME!
Yeah if it was to end I would like it to do so with a stand alone like Silent Hill 2 with some more answers about the force behind the town, and something less predictable than the last games. If not then they could have an approach where we face the grand finale with the Order.

Either way I would like to feel closure without the events having to stop and still not knowing all the answers. It simply can't end without completely catching us off guard and making an impression. Basically like the two first ones did.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

fogfactor wrote:i don't want it to end, i want more fucked up peaple kiiling monsters
Are you sure your 35? :?

I can't deny I would be a little sad to know I wouldn't be able to return for a new experience, but the past few games just haven't been what they could have. If they made any more, I think I'd want the old team back - but we all know thats never going to happen :(
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Kiki
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiki »

There has got to be another one. But I think next time they should do something a little different like they did with The Room (yeah i know it wasn't meant to be a silent hill game)

Also next game the main character should be a woman, we've only had Heather so far.

If a new one is made I think it will come out in 2012. :D
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

Silent Hill is just a series you never want to see end but you know it has to, like Halo. i dont think the creators will ever strike the cold chilling cord they made with Silent Hill 1-4. i personally have only played SH 2, 4, and 5 (2 was the best out of all those). i dont want the series to end. emphatically. but one day, it will have to. until then: NOOOOOOO! *screams bloody murder*
silenthillofficialfan
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillofficialfan »

i dont think silent hill homecoming is the last cause i saw on some website that there is going to be silent hill 6 i guess
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

For a while now I've been of the opinion that Silent Hill really should have just ended with 4. Not just Silent Hill either. I don't think any series should have more than 4 games (with a few exceptions). 4 games should be enough time to tell a story. Series that suffer from sequelitis and/or remakilus end up trivializing the original concept. Continued exposure blunts the impact of the concept, to the point that the concept becomes stale and tired (as I felt it had post-Homecoming).

We've had the Alessa arc and seen it promptly beat into the ground. We've had stories focusing on the various tangents of the Order. And we've had a story that tells of how the Otherworld can affect a guilty conscience. A good author knows when his story has been adequately told. I think Yahtzee said it best when he said: "Maybe if the original creators of something don't want to continue it, then you should listen to them."
Droo

Post by Droo »

Aaaaaaand this discussion is now rendered moot, due to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories being announced.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories just going to be for the wii or will it be available on other consoles? anyone know?
Droo

Post by Droo »

All signs point to Wii exclusive but details are forthcoming from Konami on Monday.
Lives in the mirror"
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

^ So Droo, are you going to play SH: Shattered Memories? Since, ya know, you hated the idea of a remake so much. :/
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Droo

Post by Droo »

I hated the idea of a remake only in that I was worried it would muck with canon. This has been clearly stated as a non-canonical reimagining based on SH1 more than a remake. It's like Stephen King's two books The Regulators and Desperation. Same characters in different roles connected in spirit only.

Since this game will not replace the events of SH1, I am authentically excited about it. I'm also excited about the fact that ALL continuity can be discarded and Climax can really do whatever they want in the game. It leaves me not knowing what to expect, and thus I am looking forward to being surprised by a SH game.
Lives in the mirror"
Kyou
Just Passing Through

Post by Kyou »

I really, really, really don't want to see it end anytime soon. It brings light into my life with every new installment (Silent Hill brings me light? Oxymoron much? :D). It really does.

Always something to look forward to!
Y hi thar =)
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

Keep it alive! There is always room for improvement and innovation.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
Light Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Light Alessa »

Nahhh we all know not that Shattered Memories is being released, albeit a bit different than the other game but still, it'll be awesome right?
[quote] I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.[/quote]

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

Climax will never top Homecoming. They need to make games for Disney.
asphyxia_82
Just Passing Through

Post by asphyxia_82 »

I often think that sometimes the game should have ended after 3.. because afterwards it doesn't really follow the story (same charecters or related .. ) I know in the room they had walter sullivan, and a sunderland in there.. But it still looked like they were pulling out ideas from they're behinds... but if you don't pay attention to the full story as to the individual story and basically just silent hill as this hell town... then it's fun.. no matter what.. FOREVER! I hope they don't stop...EVER!! :P
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/oi_nat/nick/footerdone.jpg[/img]
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Even if it ends, Silent Hill will remain in my heart as the best game ever.
Then again, I don't wish to see it end so quickly.

Resident Evil 5's ending was like...
"Lol, wut? seriously?"
It was too sudden for me. :|
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>This has been clearly stated as a non-canonical reimagining based on SH1
So, technically, Silent Hill: Homecoming may still be "the last in the series," considering Silent Hill: Shattered Memories isn't a part of the series proper.

>But it still looked like they were pulling out ideas from they're behinds...
In my experience, some of the best ideas I've ever had manifested themselves while taking a [expletive deleted].
Last edited by The Adversary on 17 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Resident Evil 5's ending failed mostly because they turned Wesker into a Final Fantasy villain, complete with a god complex and a transformation into a second form with tentacles.

Clearly, the Silent Hill property isn't going to die anytime soon, since there's (with Shattered Memories) a game every year. The question now, I suppose, is whether Homecoming is the last game of the main timeline.

I expect not, but being able to do whatever you want with the story is extremely attractive, especially if you have a shred of creativity.

EDIT: I totally got ninja'd by MMY...