Has anyone else seen this glitch?*spoiler!*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Chy-Fi
Just Passing Through

Has anyone else seen this glitch?*spoiler!*

Post by Chy-Fi »

i don't think i saw this topic anywhere else. if it is, my apologies and feel free to take it off

so i was aimlessly running through the underground level for my third time when i heard elle's pitifull screams. i knew what was coming, so i ran to the door skipped the video and climbed over the fence, all the while hearing curtis saying things like "i'm gonna kill you" and "die you son of a bitch" or something along those lines. i never remembered him saying things like that before our fight, but i didn't really think anything of it. but then when i opened the door i saw for just a split second, curtis standing there right in my face with his circular saw, and it quickly cut to the video after that. i skipped this video, too, only to find curtis in his usual spot. that absolutly scared the crap out of me. i was wondering if anyone else has seen this.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.
Pyramid H. Victim
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid H. Victim »

Oh wow, no I haven't, that would have made me pee myself!
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

That's odd. I wonder if there's a specific way to trigger that?

On the subject of glitches, does anyone else's Xbox freeze up when you try to skip the scene where Judge Holloway is about to torture Alex? I think it's because the scene goes right into the interactive button mashing session to keep yourself alive. When I press Start to skip the scene, the screen goes black except for the red lifebar on the left, and not even the Xbox button works.
ValTanner
Just Passing Through

Post by ValTanner »

Hmm... weird. All I ever heard at that part was Elle screaming... maybe skipping the videos pissed him off and he wanted to let Alex know it. ^^ That's probably what triggered it...
The hate I hate believing...
I never saw it coming...
You have your orders, soldier...
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Rob Matter wrote:That's odd. I wonder if there's a specific way to trigger that?

On the subject of glitches, does anyone else's Xbox freeze up when you try to skip the scene where Judge Holloway is about to torture Alex? I think it's because the scene goes right into the interactive button mashing session to keep yourself alive. When I press Start to skip the scene, the screen goes black except for the red lifebar on the left, and not even the Xbox button works.
Yeah, I think everyone has reported that issue. Still can't believe such an obvious bug made it to the final game, and probably will never be patched either.
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

I had that happen to me, but he wasn't right in my face, just the center of the room and he didn't have the saw.
Happy Burger
Just Passing Through

Post by Happy Burger »

Rob Matter wrote:That's odd. I wonder if there's a specific way to trigger that?

oooh i remember that. it happened to me like 3 times until i decided not to skip it. i would have to sit through that long ass cutscene again and again because i suck at quicktime events and she'd always end up drilling my eye, that part alone probably took up an hour of my gameplay.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Yeah, it skips pretty much everytime you try and skip the torture scene. i just sit through it now.
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

I liked this game but what's up with all the glitches? I don't know if it's just the copy I got or what but it's always something. It tends to freeze after the ambush on the boat scene, and then sometimes when I put on the miner suit and do the zoom in with R3 the outline of the mask is there (actually that one's kind of cool), and it's happened twice already that after Curtis knocks you out, for the rest of the scene where Holloway is ranting at Alex and tortures him, there was no Alex! She was just talking to the freaking chair, and the shackles were floating around a la invisible man.

And don't get me started on the soundtrack.
huntersmith22
Just Passing Through

Post by huntersmith22 »

I thought this game had alot of glitches too.
I experienced one where my screen became darker before my first boss fight.
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-12/1232412/banner2.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/huntersmith22[/url]
Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

I saw this glitch too! It was during my second playthrough, though.

I had 3 friends over watching me play, and they thought that was meant to happen!
When I opened the door to find Curtis standing right there in my face, everyone (including myself) was like "Oh shit!".
They wondered why I was creeped out, since I was supposed to see it coming. Lol, I KNOW that didn't happen my first playthrough!
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

You guys aren't alone. When I pushed the shelf to get to the pryable door, I saw Curtis's Circular Saw poking through the door, and sure enough, the fucker is right there when I bust the door open. When I picked up a serum in FPS View, Alex disappeared and all I could see was his floating axe. It stopped when I went into FPS mode again though. :shock:
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Poet
Just Passing Through

Post by Poet »

When I retrieved my weapons from room 301, they didn't work. I didn't notice until I ran into an Order soldier near the crank thing--funny thing is, after he killed me, and it cut back to the continue point right after Curt, my weapons worked fine when I got them, and that Order member wasn't there.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Has anyone else seen this glitch?*spoiler!*

Post by Biccard »

Chy-Fi wrote:but then when i opened the door i saw for just a split second, curtis standing there right in my face with his circular saw.
Haha this never happened to me. Luckily :D
Maybe the voice you heard, were an Order member? They say stuff like that. But who knows :shock:
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

Skipping cutscenes = triggering glitches
Spong
Gravedigger

Post by Spong »

My version's been fine so far.
I only got Homecoming on 360 a few weeks ago but I've played it to destruction. I've got all the endings, all the achievements and played through the game in its entirety (no saving before 'ending deciders') at least 15 times already. But I've not had any problems whatsoever.
Chy-Fi
Just Passing Through

Post by Chy-Fi »

I only got Homecoming on 360 a few weeks ago but I've played it to destruction. I've got all the endings, all the achievements and played through the game in its entirety (no saving before 'ending deciders') at least 15 times already.
i wish i had as much time as you do
I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.