Who decided on how the sacrifices were to be killed?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Says who? The game certainly doesn't say that. After Alex and company leave, the town might have returned to normal; deserted, but normal.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Says who? The game certainly doesn't say that. After Alex and company leave, the town might have returned to normal; deserted, but normal.
A bit offtopic :

It depends on the ending you get.And if you ask me,the one that seems more right is the one that shows Alex gettin 'brainwashed'.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Uh...what ending has him getting brainwashed?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I think he's trying to refer to the electroshock session in the "Hospital" ending.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

^ Thanks :)
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

AuraTwilight wrote:Better to have your sacrifice ready than to keep trying and trying and hope the second one's ready by the due date. I get the feeling that the Shepherds had a lot of problems having children.
Didn't it say in Alex's Diary that it took them 13 years to suscessfully have Joshua?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think it did. But the canonicity of Alex's Diary is highly suspect, so I wouldn't rely on it to prove the point. The fact that Alex and Joshua are 13 years apart would probably settle it.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I don't understand how they picked their sacrifices. It seems to me that the other founders picked their younger children to die, but not Alex's family. The other three were young, so at what point did they decide which child gets sacrificed? Surely Josh as born by that point, as he seemed to be the same age as the others.
Also, it seems like each family had to have at least two children for this whole thing to work. Otherwise, they are killing their only namesake, and therefore the ritual would fail if there wasn't a next generation to carry it out. If that is the case, wouldn't the town fall into the state it was in during the game eventually anyway? And since one of the Shepherd children died by drowning, shouldn't that have been enough to fulfill the ritual or did it HAVE to be Alex? Or did it have to be a parent that killed the child and not a sibling?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I'm pretty sure that 1: It HAD to be the parents, and 2: since Alex was picked, it HAD to be him.

As for picking the sacrifices, most of the families probably went with the younger kiddies because it would be less stressful to get rid of the one who hasn't been around as long. The Shepherds, based on the fact that Alex and Josh are 13 years apart or so, probably had trouble having kids, and thus just had to go with the first one. Having Josh was like a to them, I guess; that way, their lineage wasn't destroyed.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Video Gamer wrote:I'm pretty sure that 1: It HAD to be the parents, and 2: since Alex was picked, it HAD to be him.
Plus, an accident is way different than a sacrifice.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

phantomess wrote:
Video Gamer wrote:I'm pretty sure that 1: It HAD to be the parents, and 2: since Alex was picked, it HAD to be him.
Plus, an accident is way different than a sacrifice.
Very.

In the end, though, we're really not sure. We can guess all we want. but we're really just assuming things.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

The parents do in fact choose which child is sacrificed.
Adam Shepherd wrote: (To Alex) No, it can't be! I chose you
Lillian Shepherd wrote:I'm so sorry Alex, we had to make a choice"
Since Alex was picked and had his name engraved on the altar, yes. It had to be Alex. That is why the town went to hell. If you get the
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
drowned
ending, you can only assume that things are set right again afterwards.