Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Dec 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: SH 5: A Complete Disappointment

Missing since: 15 Jan 2009
Notes left: 2
First off I would like to start by stating that Silent Hill Homecoming was nothing more than a futile and pathetic attempt at Americans not only stealing more of the tremendous Japanese works, but actually making money off of it.

This wasn't a Silent Hill game. Silent Hill is a place of inevitability and eternal destiny, not some overindulged marine jackass looking for what he can't find. Alex wasn't even a believable character for me, he was more just a washed up voice actor who liked to whine and sheath his terrible monotone speech into my mind. First of all, Alex's background didn't even give the Main Character any compelling attributes to the situation, at least Silent Hill 1-3 there were decent reasons for the Main Character's arrival in Silent Hill. Oh, and also, I don't care if your some super-badass heroic freak-agent from the Matrix, the monsters in this game would still diminish you instantly.
Now about the actual gameplay: The first little level of the game is pretty nifty, even though it's just a bunch of references compiled from SH 2 and SH 3, but nonetheless they did an acceptable job. But the rest of the game is just the same exact situation over and over! The path is so straight-forward you could play the goddamn game with the controller upside down! Ooo there's a couple of creatures here...then NOTHING. Then a few more minutes into the level a few more monsters...then NOTHING. Even with the monsters that you do find to kill, it's far too easy to do so. Every other Silent Hill game made the player feel discoordinated and uncomfortable, that was one of their biggest strongpoints! The older SH's had riddles that were so simple that it took you hours of thinking hard to realize it, this game was step-by-step building all the way up to nothing more than turning a button. This game didn't make me feel like I was playing in Silent Hill, it felt like a Parasite Eve at best. But don't even get me started on that inept combat system, that was just worse than the first Mortal Kombat game. Ooo combo attacks with ananimate objects...Silent Hill is a game where it's necessery to RUN AWAY, not slay everything you see in a manner of seconds.

Konami has turned into a pitiful corporation that just has no desire to keep making good things anymore, so instead they sell their million dollar ideas to Americans and all we do is abuse it and repeat it. It's fucking old! I want KONAMI to make another REAL Silent Hill game! Npne of this stupid DOUBLEHELIX company, they suck and their game wasn't worth the $50. Japanese people have GREAT ideas, especially when it comes to VIDEO GAMES. Let THEM make Silent Hill like they used to, I PROMISE IT WILL BE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
The Japanese developers have no interest in the Silent Hill series, so your promises are moot.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: SH 5: A Complete Disappointment

Missing since: 05 Sep 2008
Notes left: 356
Last seen at: Pennsylvania
Malmoor wrote:
First off I would like to start by stating that Silent Hill Homecoming was nothing more than a futile and pathetic attempt at Americans not only stealing more of the tremendous Japanese works. . . .

Silent Hill is an attempt by the Japanese, to be as American as possible.

That aside, I feel Homecoming is the best sequel to the original Silent Hill.

Last edited by Nyarlathotep on 16 Feb 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2007
Notes left: 174
is all the language necesarry? the game was not that bad, seriously. I enjoyed it, the monsters, the combat was better i think, the story was good(and Alex did have a good link to Silent Hill). Just because he didnt go there directly? i thought it worked great. and I'm tired of the American bashing, any other nationality could have made the game the exact same. Konami would not just hand off one of the biggest francises to some hole in the wall company, they trusted Double Helix, and they did a good job. And if you havent noticed, all the Silent Hill games Are walking, then monsters,then walking,then monsters. Sure the puzzles were a bit weak, but everything else was good. I do agree with Konami Japan to take back over, that is a good point, the first through 4 were the best games, but they are running out of ideas, and all they are trying to do is breathe life into the series. and if you cant see it that way, then i am personally sorry for your "bad experience." and if you have a complaint about the game, you should have posted this in the pros/cons thread.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2009
Notes left: 2
You aren't true Silent Hill fans, and your "mild" opinion isn't worthy of stating. The Japanese did a far better job, I'm not dousing America with insults, I'm an American, I'm just saying that the Japanese were far more successful in their ideas and they are what made Silent Hill known in the first place!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

not true silent hill fans? we arent the ones bashing the series we love now are we. that would be you. my opinion isnt worth it because it wasnt laced with profanity? you have a LOT of reading to do on this site until anyone will take your arguments seriously, go do work bud. my guess is that you dont know much about the entire backstory of the games, there is more to them than just the game. check the timeline, read other opinions, and learn how to communicate with others.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2008
Notes left: 356
Last seen at: Pennsylvania
Malmoor wrote:
You aren't true Silent Hill fans, and your "mild" opinion isn't worthy of stating. The Japanese did a far better job, I'm not dousing America with insults, I'm an American, I'm just saying that the Japanese were far more successful in their ideas and they are what made Silent Hill known in the first place!

I'm not a true Silent Hill fan? Ha ha ha.

Also, I dunno, without things like The Mist*, we wouldn't have Silent Hill as we know it.

*Just one example.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

and, Malmoor, you list the game as "a complete disappointment", yet you say the first level is "pretty nifty." hmmmmmm, if my theory is correct, then the game CAN NOT, EVEN TO YOU, BE A "COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT."

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2008
Notes left: 3453
Last seen at: New Jersey
Quote:
You aren't true Silent Hill fans

The fact that they still played the game despite reviews and whatnot actually does make them true fans, so your argument sucks. Hard.

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
Malmoor wrote:
You aren't true Silent Hill fans

lolwut

Malmoor wrote:
also, I don't care if your some super-badass heroic freak-agent from the Matrix, the monsters in this game would still diminish you instantly.

Malmoor wrote:
Even with the monsters that you do find to kill, it's far too easy to do so.

Which is it? Too easy or too hard?

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Dec 2006
Notes left: 708
Wow, you're such a close minded jack-ass it astounds me (and congrats with having the whole entire post in bold print. It asserts both your authority to the world, and gives my eyes a good workout!)

You've even worked in some American bashing with your air-tight argument about how much the game sucks! And I'm sure every American isn't a true fan of Silent Hill, right? Are you like, the anti-Hitler; a Caucasian hater?

Not only that, it seems like you can't make up your mind. "This part good! This part bad. But it's American, so it's only bad. The fighting is hard! Just kidding, it's easy because an American made it! It's only fan fiction because some Americans made it! Bahbahbah!"

And now it's time for the arguments.

Quote:
First off I would like to start by stating that Silent Hill Homecoming was nothing more than a futile and pathetic attempt at Americans not only stealing more of the tremendous Japanese works, but actually making money off of it.

You mean like how SH1 was a pathetic attempt by the Japanese by not only stealing more of the tremendous American works, but actually making money off of it? Seriously, any fan or the series would know the series was intended to be more American than Japanese from the outset. You and your lies.

Quote:
This wasn't a Silent Hill game. Silent Hill is a place of inevitability and eternal destiny, not some overindulged marine jackass looking for what he can't find. Alex wasn't even a believable character for me, he was more just a washed up voice actor who liked to whine and sheath his terrible monotone speech into my mind.

First off, did the iron plates come off of your fucking ears after SH:Origins, or have you not noticed that the voice acting before this game has been utter shit? And you don't know what monotone means, apparently, since his voice rises in pitch and frequency all throughout the game.

Quote:
First of all, Alex's background didn't even give the Main Character any compelling attributes to the situation, at least Silent Hill 1-3 there were decent reasons for the Main Character's arrival in Silent Hill. Oh, and also, I don't care if your some super-badass heroic freak-agent from the Matrix, the monsters in this game would still diminish you instantly.

Yeah, I guess your captured mother, missing brother, and father who went to find him wouldn't have made you go to Silent Hill for any reason. You're a real bastard. And what's this talk about monsters diminishing things, I thought this game was easy? Make up your goddamn mind.

Quote:
The path is so straight-forward you could play the goddamn game with the controller upside down! Ooo there's a couple of creatures here...then NOTHING. Then a few more minutes into the level a few more monsters...then NOTHING. Even with the monsters that you do find to kill, it's far too easy to do so.

LOL! Have you even played a Silent Hill game? They're all linear as shit, sorry.

Quote:
Silent Hill is a game where it's necessery to RUN AWAY, not slay everything you see in a manner of seconds.

It's never been necessary for me to run away. Maybe you're just not playing it right.

Quote:
Konami has turned into a pitiful corporation that just has no desire to keep making good things anymore, so instead they sell their million dollar ideas to Americans and all we do is abuse it and repeat it. It's fucking old! I want KONAMI to make another REAL Silent Hill game! Npne of this stupid DOUBLEHELIX company, they suck and their game wasn't worth the $50. Japanese people have GREAT ideas, especially when it comes to VIDEO GAMES. Let THEM make Silent Hill like they used to, I PROMISE IT WILL BE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Move to your dream country, weeaboo.

This is a real Silent Hill game. The camera angle changed and we got a new combat system. Cry some more.

And I've seen some Americans with great ideas too! Like all of the ideas that were ripped off for Silent Hill!

Lollomglulz 2 can play at dis gaem!

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Dec 2008
Notes left: 678
Well. You've managed to lower my Faith in humanity, Good Job!!!
On a more serious note, How can you call anybody in this thread "not a true Silent hill fan"?

If anything, your not a true silent hill fan, Have you even played The Games or at least looked at Online Walkthrough's of them? If you had and even done a Tiny bit of research.

Then you would actually understand that Alex's reason for going to Silent hill is more plausible than the others, Harry went there on the Whim of his Adopted Daughter, James went there because he got a Letter from his Undead Wife.

Heather went there because she wanted Revenge, Henry was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (Not to mention a pretty unlucky dude, I mean what the Hell?), and the grandest of all.

Travis went there because he wanted to take a Short cut, Last time I checked, Going to a Creepy-Ass Town full of Demon's and evil figments in search of your Kidnapped Mother and your Missing Brother and Father is a Far better.

Reason that just going into there, Blissfully unaware of the impending Nightmares, Heather and Alex (Maybe Henry) went there fully knowing what would be awaiting them.

Also here's a news flash: Team Silent is no longer together, So there goes your Dream Land were Only The Japanese can make awesome games, American Developer's as of right now.

Are the only one's really interested in Silent Hill and other franchises, You have to realize and accept that the Japanese won't be the only ones making Video games, Soon there will be as many American developers.

As there is Japanese Developers, I personally can't wait to experience this game, I haven't played it yet but I'm sure It will be good and most likely better then some of the previous installments (Origins, 4)

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1520
Last seen at: Colombia
Man, I admit that I hate this game but even I can find positive things about it... The atmosphere is really good and the creatures animation is great (I can't say too much cause I haven't finished yet so I haven0t seen any ending)... Man,the Silent Hill developers have been copying from Stephen King works, the famous Jacob's Ladder film and a lot more since the beginning... You can't say we aren't true Silent Hill fans, if you are a tur Silent Hill fan just play the damn game and use your mind for understand whart the developers tried to express...

Post subject:

Quote:
Move to your dream country, weeaboo.

You sound just as pathetic as he does. Congratulations.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Oct 2008
Notes left: 885
I don't understand why people are mocking this game so much. I thought the game was in tune with the style of the rest of the series. I thought the game was very good actually and I'm very picky.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

same here, i enjoyed the game greatly, and have beat it 2 times, working on the third. sure, i would not say it is the best in the series, but it surely isnt a bad game.
And I am with you Mantorok, i am a very picky gamer, i dont buy games without doing a little research on them first. maybe Malmoor should do the same, he clearly isnt a true fan, and if he had reservations about the game, he should have waited to see what everyone else had said, and maybe he should have rented it before buying it. He could have hated it for $3 instead of hating it for $50.

And one more note, since the first hour of this topic posting, Malmoor hasnt shown his face back in this topic...so I hope he took my advice and is reading the whole backstory of the series, and learning not to alienate everyone by saying we arent true fans. If we werent true fans, why would we belong to this forum?

One last piece of advice for Malmoor...take your copy to Gamestop and get some of your money back, and invest in a different game(after you do your homework on it) if you hated it so much. No need to have it if you dont like it.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Dec 2006
Notes left: 708
Quote:
You sound just as pathetic as he does. Congratulations.

Lol. So you're saying it's wrong to call an obvious Japanophile a Japanophile?

Oh, and Kudos for being on topic.

Post subject:

Ah, but you didn't just say that. You went on a pathetic rant that sounded like something from GameFAQs. And so did the topic creator.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Malmoor hasnt shown his face back in this topic...
Can you blame him/her? You and everyone else lambasted him repeatedly for voicing his/her opinion. I wouldn't come back, either.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

it wasnt his opinion, it was when he said we werent fans, im glad he came to the forum, but he should not have said WE werent fans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next