SH 5: A Complete Disappointment

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

ginjajacob wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going on. People are not going to agree or change each others minds about the game......that been said......SH:H Is a truly awful game. In addition it's a pretty lazy attempt at a SH game.
Jesus Christ. I thought I'd seen the last of you in this thread.

There we go again: this elitist attitude where our opinion is final and whoever disagrees can go fuck themselves.

Bravo.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

I hope I can keep calling Homecoming "SH5" on this forum without people pointing it out and bitching about it.

I'm actually kind of interested in knowing what exactly was so wrong about SH5 (teehee). All I've heard that it's shit, a lazy attempt, buggy and so on. When I think about it, the static camera angle was probably the most confusing thing for a SH-game. Other than that there were some idiotic characters *coughwheelercoughspit*, nonexistent "puzzles" (I really didn't like just running around collecting stuff and bringing them back to one place) and I didn't like the borrowed Otherside-look from the movie. I preferred the original one but hey, at least they've tried that in a game now. Fighting Order-members was pretty weird too. Aside from these downsides I think it's a really good game. Did anyone else think like this?
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Larson wrote:I hope I can keep calling Homecoming "SH5" on this forum without people pointing it out and bitching about it.

I'm actually kind of interested in knowing what exactly was so wrong about SH5 (teehee). All I've heard that it's shit, a lazy attempt, buggy and so on. When I think about it, the static camera angle was probably the most confusing thing for a SH-game. Other than that there were some idiotic characters *coughwheelercoughspit*, nonexistent "puzzles" (I really didn't like just running around collecting stuff and bringing them back to one place) and I didn't like the borrowed Otherside-look from the movie. I preferred the original one but hey, at least they've tried that in a game now. Fighting Order-members was pretty weird too. Aside from these downsides I think it's a really good game. Did anyone else think like this?
I agree, sir. I liked this game very much, things bothered me, other things pleased me. Just like EVERY SINGLE game ever made. Give me a break, guys. Its just a game. Yes, I have played all the others, I know what the comparison is. Give DH a break, they tried, they DIDNT fail, and made a pretty good game. Now, a truely stupid game is SIMS animals. God awefull. :P
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

SPRINGS02 wrote:To me the other silent hills had some of the most abstract weird type of things that made the environment creepy i mean(i've used this example like a million times) but the whole alternate hospital in sh3 was extremely disturbing imo or what about the hospital world in sh4 with the room with eileens giant twitchy eye head, that shit is creepy to me. hell even origins had some parts that were kind of weird. i don't know to me silent hill homecoming didn't really capture the abstract wtf type of environment that the other silent hills had. the hell decent was a good effort but still not good enough.
I can see what you're saying there. Homecoming didn't have the strongest "abstract" environments compared to other games. Though I think that when they did something good, they did something good. The hospital, Shepherds family home and parts of the prison were definitely note worthy and freaky abstract realities.

Travis wrote: Oooo! That was a low blow Girl. Not a good one though...
Huh, it seems like it bothered you still.

Not that it was supposed to be a little jab or anything. I was just pointing something out as an example of what I was talking about.
Travis wrote:OK, for starters, I never voiced my own opinion as a fact. Stop being impulsive.

Travis wrote:But it's a fact that Homecoming failed as a Silent Hill game you like it or not.

Please explain how it is a fact that everyone agrees that Homecoming failed as a Silent Hill game? Did you go around the world to everyone who likes the series and ask them?
Travis wrote:Screw me and everyone who bitches on this thread
No thank you.

Travis wrote:and do a little online search OK?
Research what exactly?
Travis wrote:
Girl Interrupted wrote:So everyone who liked Homecoming still thinks that it failed as a Silent Hill game? LOL
WTF, who said that?! What kind of logic is this...?
That was the point. It wasn't supposed to be logical. Based on your "FACTS" that Homecoming was indeed a failed attempt at a SH game that would mean that even the people who liked the game would think it was a failed attempt. Sounds stupid, I know. Which is why I LOLed.
Travis wrote:
Girl Interrupted wrote:"This game is an action game!"
It's not even close. The fighting is still very similar to the previous SH games. What makes Homecoming so different from previous installments is the camera angles. The dodgeing in this game and some of the use in weapons has been modified because of the character and his background. With that in mind, I would honestly be worried if Alex couldn't handle a weapon any better than past SH characters.
Is that bold part where you stopped reading? :roll:

Am I wrong that its the different use in camera that makes this game seem so different from previous installments? Maybe you should open your eyes. The combat system is still very Silent Hill-like.
Travis wrote:You're not paying attention. Homecoming IS a decent game and it IS worth playing. That is not enough for a Silent Hill game. Dr Mario is a decent game. Goofy's fun house is a decent game. Dora the fucking explorer is a decent game. So fucking what?! Silent Hill WAS NEVER JUST A DECENT GAME. And of the hundreds of all the reviews, one of them said the story was creative.
Nice... Image
I fucking doubt you read the hundreds of reviews on Homecoming to know that only one critic felt the game's story was creative.

Also the poll on here shows that the majority of the fans on this site thought it was a "pretty good-very good" Silent Hill game. Thats just on this site; there are plenty more people, both critics and fans alike, who thought it was a very good Silent Hill game.
Travis wrote:And you know what else? Screw the critics too. I'm the one who said first that everyone likes or hates the damn game for his/her own reasons. So if you do, just don't mind us all. Only don't try to convince us it's Silent Hill worthy. Just... don't.
It's a given for anyone who really liked something to come to it's defense and try to let others see things from their perspective.

I wouldn't really call it trying to "convince" you that Homecoming is a worthy SH game though. That is something that the player needs to see for themselves.
Travis wrote:Okaaaaay... I hear ya.
I wasn't talking to you there. Stop being so impulsive.
TheGhastlyGrinner wrote:It's a pretty good game, sure a lot is different but it's the best looking sh out there.
I would say it's one of the better looking games, graphic wise. Personally I think SH3 is the best looking one out of them all. The darker shades help make the graphics look better and more realistic.
Last edited by Girl Interrupted on 25 Nov 2009, edited 2 times in total.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

What bugs me most is when people decide to bash the game (if you honestly didn't like it that's fine) they say it like their opinion is fact and that it should be some universal truth that everyone should have excepted by now.

Every SH title has it's good things and bad things, and Homecoming certainly isn't as bad as some of you like to think it is, which of course is my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :D

I think part of the problem is many fans idolize the previous games in the series and expect each new title to match them.

The main problem is nostalgia is a ***** with puppies. The previous titles weren't some kind of second coming, but were decent games in their own right. :mrgreen:

But I digress, can't we all just get along? :roll:
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

Nillin wrote:
ginjajacob wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going on. People are not going to agree or change each others minds about the game......that been said......SH:H Is a truly awful game. In addition it's a pretty lazy attempt at a SH game.
Jesus Christ. I thought I'd seen the last of you in this thread.

There we go again: this elitist attitude where our opinion is final and whoever disagrees can go fuck themselves.

Bravo.
I came back just to annoy you Nillin. Nobodies mind will change from what I have said. It is an opinion and not fact. AGAIN, if you read my previous posts I say that it is an opinion, never fact.
Ha ha ha, Nillin your a funny lad, I have never told anyone to go fuck themselves.

So, according to you, if the prefer the first 4 SH games to Homecoming your an elitist???? :roll:
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

SPRINGS02 wrote:To me the other silent hills had some of the most abstract weird type of things that made the environment creepy i mean(i've used this example like a million times) but the whole alternate hospital in sh3 was extremely disturbing imo or what about the hospital world in sh4 with the room with eileens giant twitchy eye head, that shit is creepy to me. hell even origins had some parts that were kind of weird. i don't know to me silent hill homecoming didn't really capture the abstract wtf type of environment that the other silent hills had. the hell decent was a good effort but still not good enough.
I can see what you're saying there. Homecoming didn't have the strongest "abstract" environments compared to other games. Though I think that when they did something good, they did something good. The hospital, Shepherds family home and parts of the prison were definitely note worthy and freaky abstract realities.

But see even you said yourself it didn't have the strongest abstract environments compared to other games thats what i mean i mean i don't think its easy to recreate silent hill and make it as scary as the other ones, they tried but it wasn't good enough it just wasn't scary imo

Also i love how some people are getting pissed about the homecoming bashing when its in a thread called SH5 A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT.
:roll: For real though preferring the other silent hills over homecoming doesn't make anybody an elitist. Last time i checked thats called having an opinion.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

SPRINGS02 wrote:
SPRINGS02 wrote: But see even you said yourself it didn't have the strongest abstract environments compared to other games.
No it didn't have the strongest abstract environments like previous games (though Origins is debatable- the only parts that I found to be truly SH abstract in Origins were the theater and the hotels at the end). I still found the game to be scary, especially during the alternate Shepherd's home, hospital and prison parts of the game. Also I found the playground near the Shepherd's home to be really eerie.

Homecoming's story and characters is what makes me really appreciate the game though.

A lot of people like to argue that its story is unoriginal because "yet again the main character is looking for a loved one and at the end they realize they have killed that said person!"

To me that's looking at it in a close minded way. There's a lot more to the story than that.

One thing that I find actually neat about this game is that you're playing as a crazed patient. In previous games you would always find letters in the hospitals about or from various crazy patients and they always left me wondering what the hell happened to them? What the hell was going through their mind?
Now in Homecoming you actually get to play as one of them (depending on what ending you believe to be true).

I could go on about what I find neat about it's story and its character but it won't change anything.
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Silent One wrote:What bugs me most is when people decide to bash the game (if you honestly didn't like it that's fine) they say it like their opinion is fact and that it should be some universal truth that everyone should have excepted by now.

Every SH title has it's good things and bad things, and Homecoming certainly isn't as bad as some of you like to think it is, which of course is my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :D

I think part of the problem is many fans idolize the previous games in the series and expect each new title to match them.

The main problem is nostalgia is a ***** with puppies. The previous titles weren't some kind of second coming, but were decent games in their own right. :mrgreen:

But I digress, can't we all just get along? :roll:
I agree. Judging Homecoming off its predecesors(SP?) is like comparing bananas and melons. Some people like bananas, some dont. it doesnt make them better than melons. it also doesnt make them worse. All a matter of personal choice. Saying that its a "Fact" that HC was a mistake is just ignorance based on an OPINION. No fact whatsoever. If this were true, I would hate the game, which i do not, and would agree with most people on here. but alas, this is not the case. And as for HC having more of the movie in it than other games, i see that some what, but in Origins the Otherworld takes on that style in some ways as well. I think everyone who is tearing this game up is just nit-picking for something to discredit the game and its "American Makers", as i have heard said, and make it seem less of the GOOD game it is. Honestly, if everyone was this hard on any other SH game, they ALL would be seen as 'stupid' to one person or another.
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

Silent One
But I digress, can't we all just get along? Rolling Eyes

NEVER ! ... (Quotation) WAR !!! XD
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Silent Hill Homecoming is the worst game of the franchise but that doesn't make it a bad game... A bad game is where you don't enjoy anything but SHH had several good things... The hell Descent level, the original creatures (DH really did a good job on them so they really didn't need to copy paste), the hotel was a great location (It's a shame we didn't have a RAL alternate version of that place), the Alternate Shephers's home and the boss battles...

I admit that SHH really annoys me sometimes but I still liking some aspects of the game; you need to be open minded people... The game is weak but it wasn't a total failure... This game could be a lot better... Origins could be a great game but it didn't have enough time; Homecoming could be a great game but the lazy developers ruined it... It still being a good game (Although sometimes I want to smash the PC with a mallet!!)

End of story... You can have your own opinion but you can force the other people to think like you; post your thoughts but respect the other's opinions... If you don't like that the people bash Homecoming just don't enter to this thread...
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

KageReneko wrote:End of story... You can have your own opinion but you can force the other people to think like you; post your thoughts but respect the other's opinions... If you don't like that the people bash Homecoming just don't enter to this thread...
The thing is though, most people that think Homecoming was the worst SH game seem to think that because THEY think its bad, that it cant be good, or that whoever thinks its a good game must be some sort of idiot. Notice I said MOST, and not ALL. Dont take what im saying out of context. Origins isnt the best SH game either, But I havent seen people bashing it like they do HC.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

So, according to you, if the prefer the first 4 SH games to Homecoming your an elitist????
No, you're an elitist if you prefer the first four games and then completely bash anything that comes after them without giving any real, plausible reasoning. Because "Team Silent" didn't make them.

Baw baw baw!

I prefer SH4 over Homecoming. But I'm not going to be delusional and be all, "LOL GUESS WAT GUYZ YOU ALL KNOW HOMECOMING FUCKING SUCKS! IT WAS A FAILURE! THERE IS NO ARGUMENT IM RITE!" because I'm better than that.

You could simply say you don't like the game and I would be fine with it, but you don't. You go all, "It's a FACT that it failed." That's not an opinion. Do you know what a fucking opinion is? Because saying something is FACT is not stating an opinion--that's called lying. The majority of members liked Homecoming, they just didn't like it as much. Including me--however, the difference is I'm not an ignorant perfectionist.

And seriously, like you said in the other thread, what have you said on the subject of Homecoming sucking that isn't shallow? Not a goddamn thing. "Wahh, it looks like the movie..." "Wahh, it... Oh wait, that's the only bad thing. It's a game-movie tie-in simply because of a few visual elements. Bawwww."

Seriously.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

Again Nillin, you didn't read any of my other posts. Please show me where I put. "SH:H was bad because Team Silent didn't make it", "where did I put it's a fact it failed". Nillian stop been a fucking moran, pull your head out your arse and show me where I wrote these things. I like Origins, and put a number of arguements forward (on this very thread no less) for why I don't like SH:H. Nillin you just write what you think with a complete disregard for what anyone else writes/thinks.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

ginjajacob wrote:where did I put it's a fact it failed
V
ginjajacob wrote:I think the fact that Pyramid head (Sorry, Boogeyman) is in SH:HH shows a clear lack of understanding of Silent Hill on DH's part.
ginjajacob wrote:when people start going on about SH:HH been better than SH:2 it's just like.....come on...really? If you look at the SH:HH forum, it's just one group of people arguing with another. This is due to Homecoming having little to no depth,after its finished there isnt much else to talk about.
(You're not even trying to understand the game's own set of symbolism are you? Oh that's right, you said you don't even bother with the game, I would quote that but I can't find it at the moment. Anyway, doesn't that make your statement about it's lack of deepness pretty much baseless?)
ginjajacob wrote:SH:H Is a truly awful game. In addition it's a pretty lazy attempt at a SH game.
ginjajacob wrote:Another reason SH:HH is not very good is because the foundations of the engine are pretty bad In terms of bugs, combat mechanics etc. Built on this poor foundation is clear lack of origanality.
At least you're doing your absolute to best to ensure that it's taken as a fact that SH5 failed.
ginjajacob wrote:stop been a fucking moran.
lol

The three main points you seem to bring up is bugs, flawed combat and lack of originality. First of all I would like to know how exactly it is buggy, I've played it several times on 360 and only noticed a few model spasms. I don't consider the low resolution for textures a bug though.
Flawed/"piss pure" combat. How? Is this something you decided to hate on because you didn't get it? Being able to lock to an enemy, do different attacks and dodge attacks certainly made it more dynamic for most players, including myself, so I'm really interested in hearing about it's poorness/flaws.
If your only argument for the lack of originality is that it "has stuff from SH1 and SH2 and some movies", I must be really fucking blind not to see the oh-so-obvious copying of the first two games and a movie series that I love. The story was fresh so where's the unoriginality?

Also, in most of your posts you slander people about not reading your posts well enough. Just because you leave a post unclear and have people dissing it because of that, it doesn't give you the right to practically call them dyslexic and THEN have clarification. That's just being an asshole.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

Larson, please be patient. I'll address your points in the near future. It will take ages to write it out and I don't know about you but I have a proper job. I’ll go over them briefly

In brief, the combat is poor. When you learn how to dodge, anything can be killed with ease. It didn't really know what it wanted to be with regard to combat. It was caught in the middle of older silent hill titles and the new style of resident evil. If you compare it to the later, look at how resident evil revolutionized its combat and moved into the realm of action rather than horror, granted Homecoming didn’t want to do that but I don't think it knew what it wanted, and Resident Evil 4 revolutionized many aspects of how combat is made in similar types of games. If you look at Silent Hills piers on the PS3/XBOX360 it falls short of a lot of other games (in terms of combat). If you simply compare the combat to the first 4 games, it's a stupid comparison. Silent Hill was made in 1999 and much less advanced technology. However, at the time it was made it was one the better in its genre. (clock tower, resident evil, hard edge, alone in the dark, the thing, fatal frame). Not just in terms of combat but every aspect. Can homecoming say that? Compared, to the likes of Resident evil 5, Dead Space, Dead rising or (dare I say) Siren.

In terms of bugs, you can find people having many problems from saved data, to crashing games. The PC version is meant to be a terrible port. I bought the American one for the Japanese Playstation, you had to reset the config every 15 minutes, if you didn’t do it before a puzzle you couldn’t leave the puzzle and would have to restart. You might say it wasn’t made for the Japanese Playstation 3? But why should I not be able to play the game of a series I love because I choose to live abroad. I play American games all the time and they work perfectly. I'm worried the same will happen when I order my copy of G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA, I hear that's another gem from Double Helix.

In addition, why should a person owning only a PC have to suffer from bugs and major problems, if they or I pay the same ammount of money for the game to play it Double Helix should have the common courtesy to iron these problems out. Anyway, this game wasn't even released in Japan, probably because it got bad reviews and sold very poorly. You have been a member here a long time, you will have read about many bugs and problems people have had. If you cycle through many of the reviews loads of reviews mention bugs?

"has stuff from SH1 and SH2 and some movies", I must be really fucking blind not to see the oh-so-obvious copying of the first two games and a movie series that I love. The story was fresh so where's the unoriginality? "

Don't really understand what you mean? I didn't think it was original at all. There is a picture flouting around which sums it up nicely, I think it is on this thread. Theres is a different between "copying" and "referencing". IN MY OPINION, the first silent hill games referenced a lot of material and Homecoming merely "copied".

I'm not alone in thinking Homecoming is a bad game, just look at the title of the thread. If you don't want to change anybodies minds and believe an opinion is an opinion, why come into a thread of this nature? If you think about when Silent Hill first came out, it was a revolutionary title. It’s nothing to do with who made it or anything like that. It was an amazingly deep and well made game. It surpassed its piers in many ways, changed the way people thought about gaming. It was at the top of the genre. Does Homecoming really bring anything new to the genre or series? Silent Hill is debated and discussed 10 years after its release, will Homecoming? Doubt it. That said I am not living in the past, I look forward to SH:SM and notice they are trying to revolutionize the genre and series. I did actually like Origins.

You say I only bring up three problems. Combat, Lack of Originality, bugs. They might be three but there pretty big flaws and if given the time I'll go into these deeper. It terms of symbolism and depth to homecoming I could go on for hours, I will at a later date. BTW, I loved the use of Phead :roll: As for Symbolism etc. check out some of SPRINGS02's posts, that guy talks alot of sense.

I apologize I hold the Silent Hill series in such high esteem. Since it was the first release on the next generation of consoles, I expected so, soo much more.

Btw I'm sure I made other posts regarding this topic, are you just picking and choosing parts.
Last edited by ginjajacob on 26 Nov 2009, edited 4 times in total.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

SasaYamaoka wrote:
NEVER ! ... (Quotation) WAR !!! XD
GAAAARR! Rabble Rabble Rabble! :lol:

*edit*
Man guys. Seriously there's no reason to get so heated about the subject.

Love & Peace! :wink:
SasaYamaoka
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SasaYamaoka »

Silent One wrote:
SasaYamaoka wrote: NEVER ! ... (Quotation) WAR !!! XD

*edit*

... see how my fellow man understandsts.

Harmonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dont be all like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiMaOmDtaYI :evil:
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

SasaYamaoka wrote:
Silent One wrote:
SasaYamaoka wrote: NEVER ! ... (Quotation) WAR !!! XD

*edit*

... see how my fellow man SilentOne understandsts.

Harmonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
No screw harmony! *picks up rock and throws it at SasaYamaoka* nah just kidding :lol: I told you people get pretty heated over these arguments about homecoming alot.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

ginjajacob wrote:Larson, please be patient. I'll address your points in the near future. It will take ages to write it out and I don't know about you but I have a proper job. I’ll go over them briefly
I didn't know it takes a week for you to write a clarifying post.
ginjajacob wrote:In brief, the combat is poor. When you learn how to dodge, anything can be killed with ease. -- . If you simply compare the combat to the first 4 games, it's a stupid comparison. Silent Hill was made in 1999 and much less advanced technology. However, at the time it was made it was one the better in its genre. Not just in terms of combat but every aspect. Can homecoming say that?
Let me get this straight; the combat is poor because:
- it's easy to use, which I thought would be a good thing (I wouldn't say so about Hard)
- it wasn't "revolutionized" like in RE-series (can you point out another SH-game that has the same kind of combat?)
- the game didn't "best" the previous ones in EVERY aspect. Does that mean you expect everything to be better so you can enjoy the new combat?
ginjajacob wrote:PC version is meant to be a terrible port. I bought the American one for the Japanese Playstation..
Correct, PC version is known to be a horrible port but PS3's games are buggy by default. It's a complicated platform and one could argue that any given game runs better on 360 than PS3.
ginjajacob wrote:Double Helix should have the common courtesy to iron these problems out.
It wasn't up to them.
ginjajacob wrote:You have been a member here a long time, you will have read about many bugs and problems people have had. If you cycle through many of the reviews loads of reviews mention bugs?
I don't read about PC/PS3 version.
ginjajacob wrote:There is a picture flouting around which sums it up nicely, I think it is on this thread. -- IN MY OPINION, the first silent hill games referenced a lot of material and Homecoming merely "copied".
Time for me to start digging then. I can agree that it flat out copied some things from the movie but I still don't get how it is unoriginal. Would it have killed you to write a short sentence about that? Unless it takes several hours and risks losing your job, lol.
ginjajacob wrote:If you don't want to change anybodies minds and believe an opinion is an opinion, why come into a thread of this nature? Does Homecoming really bring anything new to the genre or series?
I came to this topic to see what the other side thinks, that why the game I didn't have so much problems with is "a complete disappointment". I haven't been trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just questioning the arguments. I want to be able to relate to at least some given points because I'm learning to be a game developer and it would be of great help to know why something sucks and why it doesn't. If something sucks because of too high expectations, I'm not very convinced that the opinion was truly justified.

Homecoming was the very definition of "new" when it comes to the series. New combat, new controls, new characters, new storyline, new game environment, new features.. It's not too ground breaking when it comes to horror genre though.
ginjajacob wrote:I expected so, soo much more.
Maybe that was the mistake that made you hate Homecoming.
ginjajacob wrote:Btw I'm sure I made other posts regarding this topic, are you just picking and choosing parts.
Of course I've read them. In case you didn't notice, the quotes I took earlier were just to point out how truthful you make yourself sound, as if your opinions were objective.