What the hell is wrong with her!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

What the hell is wrong with her!

Post by Biccard »

Okay, I didn't really know where to put this, and I didn't really know what exisiting topic to post it in, so uhh... Fell free to move it or whatever hehe :D
Anyway, what the hell is wrong with the first nurse you encounter in the Grand Hotel? She beats the crap out of me everytime, and I usually kill the other nurses without getting hit once. I don't think she's any different than the rest, but she always kicks my ass. Anyone else encounter this?
And no, I don't suck at fighting in Homecoming :D haha...
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I think this has been mentioned before. Yeah I have been killed too many times by that nurse, but the best startergry is to follow this attacking pattern with the Knife.

Light, light, light, strong!

Keep doing this sequence of attacks with the knife and she won't even touch you. But be fast as you do this.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

So, is she in fact different that the other nurses? Or is it just sloppy fingerwork from the rest of us? hehe
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I think all of the nurses in the hotel are harder. Which is weird. Like, they get easier again when you see them in Dr. Fitch's clinic.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Yeah, they are. I also had my ass beaten by the ones in Fitch's office once or twice. Maybe they are faster than the ones in Alchemilla? What do you think?

Unrelated: How do you pronounce Alchemilla?
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Biccard wrote: Unrelated: How do you pronounce Alchemilla?
Al-kah-mill-la.

Or so I always thought.

But anyway... Yeah, I had my first game over with that nurse. She's a freaking bitch to get, but I think FLOOT gave out some good advise. Also, turn off the torch and the radio, and it should improve a little. I'm pretty sure the latter is common knowledge, though... Hmph.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Poet
Just Passing Through

Post by Poet »

Alchemilla is an actual word, it's a plant in the Rosaceaa family.
Aside from its sound (similar to Alchemy), the plant is more commonly referred to as "Lady's Mantle." The name literally means "Little magical one," and is conjugated in the feminine.
Genetically the Alchemilla is a cousin to the rose. In herbalism, it may be used to ease heavy menstruation, as well as the body's changes as it begins menopause.
Obviously a lot of subtle symbolism in that choice, as I've only met a few other SH fans that actually know these things. Now I pass this knowledge on to you.

edit: Also, yeah, those nurses are bitches. I keep making the same mistake every time I play through: I'll run, and get cornered in that bathroom, then she'll follow me in, and I can't dodge anywhere.
Then she does inappropriate things to me. With a knife.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Thanks! It's because, english is not my first language. My first language is danish. So I've wondered how Alchemilla were pronounced.
Poet wrote:Then she does inappropriate things to me. With a knife.
Hahaha. She's a fuckin psycho. Wouldn't wanna be to one to break up with her! :shock: I wonder if she has every killed any exboyfriends...
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

No problem!
Biccard wrote: Hahaha. She's a fuckin psycho. Wouldn't wanna be to one to break up with her! :shock: I wonder if she has every killed any exboyfriends...
I'd blame it on PMS. Even I'd consider ripping my boyfriends' balls off when that time of the month comes. :P

I got so bored of trying to kill her that I just shot her. Three times in the face does the job.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Haha yeah, it's probably that time of month. :D I'd lock her up if she was my girlfriend. I wouldn't let her go to an abandoned hotel in Silent Hill all by herself in the middle of the night ! :O And especially not with a knife.!
Poet
Just Passing Through

Post by Poet »

Let's face it: we'd all do the nurses. It's not like you'd have to look at their faces.
The real challenge would be the Puppet Nurses from 1. They kind of had a humpback thing going on, if I recall correctly.
YesNoYes
Just Passing Through

Post by YesNoYes »

Poet wrote:Let's face it: we'd all do the nurses.
No way in hell!

I mean, think of all the disturbing noises it would be making. *cringe*
Poet
Just Passing Through

Post by Poet »

Obviously you've never slept with any of my exes.
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

^haha, SHAZAM!!
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Good one, good one. Though some of us are into dudes. Where are my Bubble Head Doctors? >:l
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

I can remember the exact nurse in question here. I got backed into a corner and completely destroyed. 3 times.
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

she's jittery, tempermental, rude, freaks out, and tries to slash you. There is only one explanation.

Steroids.
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Is this Nurse ACTUALLY stronger/faster than the average one? Its the only one that ever kills me and when it DOES kill me it absolutely destroys me. @_@
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had issues with her. Thought it was just me.
AuraTwilight wrote:Good one, good one. Though some of us are into dudes. Where are my Bubble Head Doctors? >:l
SH1 had doctors.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

But they're not Bubble Head Doctors, and they're not sexy. I know there are hunchback doctors.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]