here's a thought on some faces.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

bring more knives
Just Passing Through

here's a thought on some faces.

Post by bring more knives »

so, my nephews and i were playing and he made a suggestion; maybe alex was actually just crazy and making this ALL up. now albeit that would kind of be somewhat of a pointless game, i did find a few things to help support that theory.

did you notice ALL the women look exactly the same, and all the men except for Alex and Josh look the same? all the women look like his mother, and all the men look like his father. okay, all is kind of sketchy. if i remember there are a few who don't quite match, but share the similiarities.
i highly doubt the team just got lazy. or probably all the people would just resemble alex. why would they take the time to make alex, josh and a few others look much much different, and then recycle so many skins?
is there any possiblity that it could have been on purpose? because if alex was making this all up in his head, most likely he's not going to remember what every single person in town looks like. but he DOES know what his mother and father look like, kind of filling in the gap.
what do you think?
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Silent-spc-Hill.png[/img][/url]
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I'm actually gonna go with laziness as a matter of fact
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

They looked diverse enough to me.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Post by Fullofhate87 »

*scratches head*

I agree with Aura. I don't really notice similarities.
History is made by those who say "No."
Greiver
Just Passing Through

Post by Greiver »

^^^ yeah, not seeing it, only similarity is the women's hair glue thing going on
Checking into reality
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

Even if he did make it all up, he would remember all of the important people (ie the Judge and Mayor), he might make up the guy from the junkyard and the deputy. But to me they didn't look the same. Maybe the Judge and her oldest, mayb.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
As one of the ending, Alex wakes up in the hospital. Making the whole thing Up.
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
bring more knives
Just Passing Through

Post by bring more knives »

thats kind of what i was thinking. really, nobody see's the resemblance? even though yes, lazy sounds very much like a good theory. i think the graphics all seemed rushed =/
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Silent-spc-Hill.png[/img][/url]
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

You crazy, foo.

No, really though. They each seem pretty different, to me.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

The headaches and the buzzing sound can be him in the
hospital, getting electroshock
, if you believe that ending is canon
bsheffield87
Just Passing Through

Post by bsheffield87 »

I think it's an interesting idea. Everybody has different ideas about the games, and even today people still interpret things from Silent Hill 1-4 and SH:O differently.

I don't know whether or not I agree with the idea, but I still like it. :)
Fall, fall, fall, to the bottom of Hell,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains.
Fall man to Hell. Fall, fall, demons of Hell are calling you,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains.
Can't you hear the groan of the dead? Fall, fall, the darkness of Hell is boundless,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains. It is the lullaby of Hell.
Morlock
Just Passing Through

Post by Morlock »

I kept wondering why the policeman looked like Forest Whitaker. That really did bug me. If I wanted to see movie stars I'd go watch a movie. I don't even like seeing the same stars in 15 movies a year anyway much less in My games. Plus it just made it feel more like a lame American made game.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

I feel like such a n00b for replying to a topic pages behind... :|

But...isn't Shepherd's Glen a small town? It would make sense if they all looked 'similar' since there isn't much variety in terms of marriage and dating. I'm not talking about inbreeding or anything. >_> I mean, neighbours marrying neighbours, their kids hooking up with their OTHER neighbours-married-neighbours's kids.

Quite a few people would end up looking slightly similar, right?

...I tried. :roll:
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

After Josh's death, Alex went insane (at 2:06 am) & therefore was sent to a mental hospital. As Adam tells him, he's made up all the soldiers stuff, possibly as a way to overcome his guilt over not protecting his brother.
I agree with your nephew, & think that the whole game is actually taking place in Alex's mind while he's in the hospital.(ala. Lovecraft stories)[/ Or probably undergoing lobotomy, as it's pointed out in a patient note in the beginning of te game. spoiler]

But I don't see that much similarity in the faces, Wheeler, Lilian, Adam, Fich...all look diverse to me. Maybe the developers have used similar models, like some RPG games, I don't know. Afterall Alex grew in Shepherd' glen & he certainly remembers important people's faces in his life such as Elle, Judge Holloway, Dr.Fitch...
I think the Hospital ending is yet another delusion, 'cuase Wheeler & Adam couldn't have possibly been treating him in the hospital, it's just the way Alex sees his father as the source of his misery, and probably remembers Wheeler working wth his dad in the police station.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

They don't look that similar. Case closed.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Chy-Fi
Just Passing Through

Post by Chy-Fi »

actually...

i think it's something within the game, like its engine or something(im not too savvy in the technical department) i played prototype and noticed that its characters looked like shh's characters. alex (oddly enough, same names) from protype's girlfriend (i dont remember her name) looked a lot like judge holloway to me(same face, different hair) i also noticed in both games that all the characters had REALLY big teeth and, for the most part, the same facial structure as all the others, which machted up to the other game as well. i thought it was odd to see two different games have such similar characters. it would make sense if it was the engine, because some games use the same engine(or whatever techinical word i need) as others.

so if im correct, it wasn't the developers getting lazy or some hidden plot in the game, it was just what they used to make the game. i agree that some characters look different(wheeler, fitch ect.) but they still have some sort of similarity that can be linked back to the other characters.

oh, and can anyone find what they used for both silent hill homecoming and prototype? id really like to know if my theory is right. i looked but i have dial up and couldnt find anything...i tried =(
I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Prototype uses Titanium engine which belongs to Radical Entertainment. I don't know Homecoming's engine name but I'm positive it's not the same.
Anyway, that's not about engines at all, that's about modelling.
And personally I haven't notice any major similarities between different Homecoming character's faces nor I think Homecoming characters are particularly similar to Prototype ones. Well, they all are human characters models, but...
giannamon
Just Passing Through

Post by giannamon »

welp, I didn't notice too many similarities. I'm pretty sure Wheeler and Alex's father are especially far from similar. but I've noticed this kind of technique elsewhere. Like in Shrek movies, all the people have the same mouth. Its probably just how they were made. What the game supplies in decent graphics (which I thought could be better for this day and age of game visuals), it lacks in ...facial diversity, I guess?
es nom.