"Where the hell is the dog?". SH:H Scariest moment

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

"Where the hell is the dog?". SH:H Scariest moment

Post by woofy »

When I first walked into the backyard, and checked the dog kennel Alex questioned where the dog was. Walking along with NO health whatsoever (maybe +1 point of health because the red bar wasn't showing) I heard the dog bark and what sounded like animal footsteps. I instantly freaked the f out, and tried to run inside the house. Upon examining the backyard later, I realized there was a dirt patch in the backyard (presumably the dog had died).

I'm pretty sure I wasn't hearing things, unless it was one of those dogs from the cemetery.
Did anyone else hear this? And what was your scariest moment?
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Yeah, the dogs barking and scratching at the fence scared me, as far as the scariest moment in the game for me.....well any of the schisms hiding around the Otherworld house :/
Chloe Smith
Just Passing Through

Post by Chloe Smith »

My scariest moment wasn't intentional at all. Elle was following me in the sewers, and I climbed up the stairs, not remembering anything about her following me. My flashlight was off, and I pulled a switch that flickered around. As I turned around, I saw a dark figure. I literally screamed and fired off in multiple directions.
[size=75][i]You’re a rock star everybody wants you, Player… who can really blame you?[/i][/size]
Avianna
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Avianna »

I didn't really get scared when playing the game, but I did get scared when watching the game play for the first time and the body swung through the ceiling. It also scared my friend when we were finally playing it for the first time because she hadn't seen the trailer.

And I don't know if you can consider it scared, but I did get extremely nervous when PH looked at me in the hallway.
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

Yeah, it was just a sound, I really liked it too, one of the good things in the game. It made my very uneasy.

My scariest moment in the game, somewhere in the hotel, I believe it's where you duck when you see PH walking by. When you come back to that area, there's two nurses waiting on the other side of the blockage. I decided to be funny and flash my light at them. They took off powerwalking and apparently that room had two doors, so you could get around the blockage.

I just screamed out "Holy shit!" and almost pissed my pants. That's what I get for trying to mess with them, :lol:
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The game wasn't too scary (The falling corpse from the ceiling is really lame) but I had several jumps there... Specially with the Schisms in the attic of Shepherds house and the Behind You note where a Smog appears right behind you...

Oh yeah, I almost shit myself at the church when the Siams burst from the wall...

This game has good scares ala Resident Evil 2...
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

KageReneko wrote:The game wasn't too scary (The falling corpse from the ceiling is really lame) but I had several jumps there... Specially with the Schisms in the attic of Shepherds house and the Behind You note where a Smog appears right behind you...

Oh yeah, I almost shit myself at the church when the Siams burst from the wall...

This game has good scares ala Resident Evil 2...
Which anyone can do... it's the most unsophisticated fear you can come up with and I'm not surprised that DH don't know more then this.

Fear need alot of backstory to be able to touch you deep inside. Listening to DH about what they've done they use alot of "...and that's cool" while listening to team silent in the making of Silent Hill 2 they speak nothing of the "game mechanics" and "how cool it is" and more about the nature of fear and how to achieve it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Take an example of the last level...

In every previous Silent Hill game ther last levelis really intense (Nowhere, Lakeview Hotel, the church, outside Ashfield apartments and even the Motel from SH0)... But the last level in SHH is so lame... The order soldiers really don't help (Is Shepherd's kid!! I gonna kill you)

Man, the only intense part was the bit when you read the plates... This game lacks a lot of WHAT THE HELL?? feeling...
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

Exactly, the intense feelings of the previous titles was intense because it challenged our perception of reality, forcing us to give it up in order to continue and it intensified the danger more because of an inner battle, an inner change then a physical threat. That is what made it psychological and scary...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

Hands down scariest moment for me was when I was at the end of the sewer. I got Elle through the gate (for like the 15th damn time) and I took care of the schisms that came out of the holes around the room and I start looking around for what I need to do or find and I start hearing a soft pounding noise. It kept getting louder and I was finally like "ok, WTF is that noise!" so I turn around and a siam is 5ft away in the air with its arm coming down and I scream "OH GOD!!!!!!!" then it beat my ass
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
Miasma
Just Passing Through

Post by Miasma »

I was always very nervous when I heard dog barking, it felt like something's gonna attack soon.
But the most scariest moment of them all for me was when you see the doll, go examine it and then "Behind you.". That seriously scared the crap out of me.
woofy

Post by woofy »

^ LMAO, me too. Or when you're in the house (otherworld) and you open the doors...

The other 'unintentional' scary moment was when you walk into your parents bedroom and the TV is playing static. I turned around and faced the wall, and my shadow had been cast on the wall with the deer antlers sticking out the top. I thought I had encountered some kind of demon!!

Another moment, I was in the hotel and came around the corner after collecting the final 'memory' not expecting any creatures.... and this smog was literally right in front of me. All I saw was the red lungs (torch and radio were off) and smoke everywhere. the surround sound was ON and I heard it make that disgusting noise it makes. My friends girlfriend who was sitting next to me screamed right in my ear and I jumped about 10ft into the air :lol:
Mr. CCA
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mr. CCA »

The scariest moment for me was the nightmare when you're in the room with the two nurses and the tv.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

One of the scariest moments for me was when Alex walks down a hallway, near the end, and the lights flicker out one by one. Nothing jumps out but its all in your head so you know its good. I can't find exactly where it was.
woofy

Post by woofy »

^ Before the scarlet boss fight, in the level "Hell descent"
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

Ahh yes thanks.
woofy

Post by woofy »

Also, the part about the garage. I thought I had finally gotten over the first scary part of the game (and wasn't expecting anything else until much later). I noticed the scratch marks on the garage, but thought it was another one of those Silent-hill-suspense-building-moments-that-doesn't-do-anything-and-is-put-there-only-to-make-you-nervous. Anyway, when i opened the garage I was quite surprised....

Another thing I noticed is that in almost every game you stick your hand into a hole and nothing happens. (think back to the hospital sequence as to why I almost crapped my pants). :lol:
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

it was the first time something happened when you put your hand in a hole. had my freaking arm ripped off the first time i tried it.
woofy

Post by woofy »

I hated and loved the drill part.... at the same time. (If that makes sense). It freaked me out so much, and that's why I enjoyed it.
It was weird, feeling so helpless strapped to the chair. I thought it was just going to be a movie sequence, but then she started drilling into Alex's leg and I was a bit shocked.
I love how the end to that whole scene worked out :)

Also, I hated hearing Elle scream. I was so worried I wasn't going to get to her in time
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

the whole Curtis and the saw was awesome. he waved it above his head like James in SH2.
the Bogeyman scene where he cuts Adam in half was very symbolic and gruesome. nice touch too.