"Where the hell is the dog?". SH:H Scariest moment

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Yeah, the scene with Alex's mother frightened me, cause I thought of my own mother, which really irked me and got into my head.

Also, the torture scenes with Alex and Judge H. and the other guy with the saw (can't remember his name). I think that was when I was most scared, because I felt so vulnerable against this crazy woman with a drill. lol
Zerosignal
Just Passing Through

Post by Zerosignal »

Yeah, the dog barking made me really tense, i was walking around with my weapon at ready, just walking around examining everything expecting it to jump out at me.

The sound of children when you go near the swings, too. I actually froze up completely at that part because i wasn't expecting that sort of thing, since i'd heard that SH 5 was supposed to be so much more direct. Direct my ass...

The absolute scariest part for me, though, was actually the Hell Descent level. My god. I wasn't expecting that, it looked so much different than the beginning hospital level. It was freakin' glowing. Funny in retrospect...the level that had me completely on edge and jumping at every little noise - was a level with like 3 monsters. Even when i played through it a second time, all i could think was "I just wanna get the Hell outta here."
[i]Stay.
You don't always know where you stand,
'Till you know that you won't run away.
There's something inside me that feels...
Like breathing in sulfur.[/i]
[b]-Slipknot[/b]
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

Sewers made me nervous, but they did in Silent Hill 1 as well.

The dog thing made me go "what? is there gonna be a dog jumping at me now? where?" and looking all around. And that too reminded me of Silent Hill 1, but didn't really scare me.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

Well, the scariest moment for me was probably when you see Pyramid Head in the Hotel and right after the cutscene the door next to you gets crushed. I was so scared that PH was going to attack, but it was just the bugs...

The whole Hell Descent level felt too intense... I was like expecting something to jump at me every second...

The music when you fight Scarlet is also pretty creepy...
You've seen that horrible world, as well...
antianara
Just Passing Through

Post by antianara »

I have to admit, the dog got me too. Everytime I heard a howl or bark I freaked out a little more. It didn't help that later on (in the cemetery and beyond) they really do seem to leap out at you from nowhere.

Hell Descent obviously wins the award for overall creepiest place. I love it.
Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good.
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

I love running to Doctor Fitch's office (Hell Descent up ahead). Well, actually it's more like zig-zagging if you want to avoid getting mauled. It's very unsettling hearing the sound of the ferals as they give chase (they sound VERYCLOSE especially with headphones).
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

I'm just not cool with the lurkers. I hate things that are low to the ground and fast like that. Couple that with things coming out of the storm drains, which is also a fear of mine, and it was an uncomfortable experience going down the street.

The hotel creeped me out, too. WAY too many shadows, swinging lights and sounds.

Funny thing: the old woman in room 301's humming unnerved Saraieth so much he had to turn off the game. He could coolly dodge needlers and nurses, but that humming put him over the edge.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

The most disturbing part for me was the music during the Scarlet boss fight, sheer goosebumps worked themselves up my spine. I would also get stressed out when I couldn't see the enemies in the sewers because it was so dark.

As for the dog, I thought it was a swift touch. Much like when you enter the playground and you hear the kids. It really feeds my curiosity every time I pass through.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

The "Behind you" doll in Hell's Descent. I was honestly like: "Huh? behind me? *turns around* lololo-OH SHIT WTF!!1111111NOooooooooooooooooo/retardation."

And when I was chasing Joshua, as I made a quick turn I ran straight into a Smog. God, I wanted to KILL Josh at that moment for setting me up. Douchbag. :?

Being tied up and threatened by a crazy woman was also scary but on a different level. The feeling of helplessness that I felt through this game got to me. I was powerless to save my mother, my father and I was worried about Wheeler and Elle a lot.
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

Yeah, lol. The behind-you-doll scare the crap out of me as well. I avoided it the 2nd time. 'Behind you!' may be a cheap scare, but it sure did the trick! :D
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

I forgot about it the second time and fell for it again! ><

There was also a 'Behind you' written in the prison on a wall but that did nothing. Which is probably a good thing. :roll:

Although...I still don't get what 'Behind you' was? Did the doll talk? Or what? When you examine it again, Alex just comments on the fact it' a doll. :? Creepy.
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

The falling corpse in the beginning scared the fuck outta me. I had the lights off, with big ear covering headphones on with the volume up and I was running down the hall cuz i was finished and then BOOM!
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

SHH seemed pretty tame compared to the rest, to me at least. The only things that surprised me were a couple of multiple nurse encounters I wasn't expecting, Dr. Fitch's office especially with the FIVE OF THEM. :P
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

I actually loved the hell outta this game :/ some parts were weak, but i had my weapons ready all the time. lol

the part that scared thehell out of me was when you see boogyman or whatever in the hall at the hotel, and right after the scene is over, the wall explodes with those scarab things. also the note that said room 400 (or whatever) scared the child. it scared me for some reason....
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I can't recall personally what might have been the worst moment. Scarlet was quite intimidating when I first saw it. About all I can remember off hand. :?:
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

ShaunOfShadou wrote:SHH seemed pretty tame compared to the rest, to me at least. The only things that surprised me were a couple of multiple nurse encounters I wasn't expecting, Dr. Fitch's office especially with the FIVE OF THEM. :P
Lol, yeah. They were blocking the way too.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: "Where the hell is the dog?". SH:H Scariest mo

Post by warfare315 »

woofy wrote:When I first walked into the backyard, and checked the dog kennel Alex questioned where the dog was. Walking along with NO health whatsoever (maybe +1 point of health because the red bar wasn't showing) I heard the dog bark and what sounded like animal footsteps. I instantly freaked the f out, and tried to run inside the house. Upon examining the backyard later, I realized there was a dirt patch in the backyard (presumably the dog had died).

I'm pretty sure I wasn't hearing things, unless it was one of those dogs from the cemetery.
Did anyone else hear this? And what was your scariest moment?
Oh yeah, I remember that happening. It's funny that your name is woofy :P
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

I definately found Alex's Otherworld House the scariest part of the game, the Schisms hidden all over the place really creeped me out, and everytime I had to open another door in his house I felt really nervous and uneasy.

The "Behind You" was pretty good too, my girlfriend hated that bit :P
My supply fell through...
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

There were actually quite a few scary parts that really stuck out for me.

1. The first lurker coming out of the garage freaked me out for some reason. Lurkers are usually pretty easy to deal with, but I think I screwed up and got my butt kicked for a bit, and combined with the creepy way those things look and move, it left quite an impression.
2. Smogs always get to me. They're tough sons-of-guns in melee, and it's hard to kill them very efficiently with bullets. Tons of health + tons of damage output + freaky appearance and animation = scary! They always look so determined, too. They just hobble toward you and make that shuddering motion as their chests open up...
3. When the schisms swarm you at the police station. They're everywhere!
4. All of Dr. Fitch's office/"Hell's Descent." It's already been discussed pretty thoroughly. The Scarlet boss was an excellent/frightening climax for that area, too. The group of nurses that show up when you're leaving the office is a nice touch.
5. The sewers were mostly annoying. However, it gets scary when the schisms and siam start attacking, and then Elle disappears.
6. The Otherworld version of Alex's house was really...something. I was nervous the whole time Alex crept around that place. It looks like even your own home isn't safe from Silent Hill's corrupting influence.
7. The foggy prison was boring, but the Otherworld prison had some pretty freaky scenery, and what happened to Alex's mom and Wheeler...ew. The boss itsef didn't scary me much, but at least it was cool looking and fairly fun to fight.
8. The Otherworld route to the church was a nice view of the outdoor Otherworld in all it's terrifying glory, and the church had some creepy symbolism in it's puzzles and environment. It was dark and oppressive, as it should be.

I think that about covers it for me. Even though this was my least favorite game in the series, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. It certainly scared me a few times.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Haha, the dog one was actually kinda creepy. I heard a dog's bark and footsteps but there was nothing close, I was like "What the fuck? It's a ghost of a dog or what?"

The "Behind you" on Hell Descent. . . Fuckin' Smog. Dude, seriously, the Smogs are the worst enemies in the game. I hate when they "throw up" smoke. . .

The Scarlet battle was kinda creepy, something about her face. . . Eww.

Alex house. Goddammit! You open a door and you hear "raaaargggh!" and a Schism comes near. I don't need to say about the masks puzzle too, do I? Those faces. . .

A bastard Order Soldier scared me once in that Silent Hill facility (the one that you had to turn out the lights) It was all dark and I forgot to turn my flashlight and something just hit me, it was a damn Soldier. I ripped his neck just to make him pay. :x

And that Siam kinda scared me when it broke the prison door. But that's about it.

(When I finish the game I'll post more scares, I only hope that there's not much)