The part with the drill

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I wasn't too surprised seeing that scene, since Homecoming was rather action-based, after seeing stuff like...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the monsters' executions, Schism's grapple... Oh and the Mayor getting squashed.
:D
SilentScreamer92
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentScreamer92 »

i liked it, not so much for the fact i like seeing people getting drilled in the throat, but more of it added to the scene for me, but like someone said it was alittle strange why he had to fight so hard against someone more than twice his age
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Post by KristinT »

I've finished the game now. I've got a feeling the game got censored here for our sensitive Australian minds.

When Judge Holloway is sticking the drill into Alex's - leg, I'm guessing? Because it's obscured by a bit of screen right in front of the camera. Was the concealing screen put there for the Australian version? I actually found it added to the tension when I was playing, because I couldn't actually see what was going on, and I was just freaking out over Alex's health dropping and having to button mash the mouse.

In the Australian version of the game there's no drill making contact with face. Either way it goes down, with the drill going into Alex or Judge Holloway, it just cuts to a black screen and you hear screaming. In the uncensored version, do you actually see it? Because, strangely enough, I can live without that okay.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Yup, they censored it for the Australian version... Over here we get some sexy drill/eye action. I hate all forms of censorship, but I can see why this would add to the tension. People's imaginations are often a lot more disturbing than anything on-screen, lol.
ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

It's too bad the Aussie version is censored. One of the funnier things about this game is that Judge Holloway lays on the floor with the drill still stuck in her head. The terribly unrealistic part is that when you go back in that room to save your progress after you rescue Elle, she will follow you back in the room but never comments about her dead mother.
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

ryno379 wrote: The terribly unrealistic part is that when you go back in that room to save your progress after you rescue Elle, she will follow you back in the room but never comments about her dead mother.
Maybe Double Helix figured that area of the game was so easy you'd never backtrack to save your game. I mean I didn't, once I was in the lair I breezed right through it.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

No doubt the lair is an easy part of the game, maybe the easiest. The idea of seeing Elle's reaction to her dead mother's body had me intrigued. There was no reward though.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

I personally was shocked by it, in a good way. Ive never seen such gore in a SH game til homecoming. AWESOME
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

If the Good Ending is canon, I wonder what Elle would have to say to Alex murdering her mother, after they (supposedly) leave Silent Hill and Shepherd's Glen behind. But then again, the Good Ending also implies that the Otherworld invasion of Shepherd's Glen will never be stopped, unless Alex is formally sacrificed (my theory is somewhere in this Homecoming section).
SHF

Post by SHF »

well , maybe, somehow elle knew what her mother was into, and didnt care whether she died.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Very probable, though that would be sort of 'sick' of a 20-something girl to think that.
SHF

Post by SHF »

true, but remember when lillian was killed on the rack? Alex didnt really show the proper emotions either.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I'm suprised no one has mentioned how easily Alex shakes off the pain after he was just drilled in the leg. That still puzzles me to this day.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

In my game (PC version) Elle never enters the room where his mother's corpse is... Elle always stays in the hall a bit distant from the room and she never enters no mather what I do...
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

There's lack of actual and believable characterization in the story.
ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

Nothing_Special wrote:I'm suprised no one has mentioned how easily Alex shakes off the pain after he was just drilled in the leg. That still puzzles me to this day.
This is typical of any video game. You can be near death, take a health drink, and then go back to normal.
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

Nothing_Special wrote:I'm suprised no one has mentioned how easily Alex shakes off the pain after he was just drilled in the leg. That still puzzles me to this day.
Would have made the final boss battle a might difficult if Alex was limping around the whole time.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Well, he was limping for me because of my low health.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

DH should've put a blood stain on Alex's jeans after he gets the drill treatment from Holloway. it would've made it more realistic imo. i'd be ok with him moving the way he had all game, but at least mess up those jeans a bit.

as far as Elle having no reaction to her mom being dead, i was a bit disappointed that she said nothing about it. i figured she'd at least gasp, or something. the least they could've done was have her say "mom" in a sad way, while shaking her head.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

DH should've put a blood stain on Alex's jeans after he gets the drill treatment from Holloway. it would've made it more realistic imo. i'd be ok with him moving the way he had all game, but at least mess up those jeans a bit.

Good point. They took the time and effort to show wounds on the creatures as you inflict them, would've been cool to see the same thing for Alex... :)
revalations 23:16