The part with the drill

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

After getting the "Smile" ending (took me 3 times beating the game to get it), Alex appears to limp away with Elle. This seems like a delayed reaction to being drilled in the leg.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

He has RLS, Retarded Leg Syndrome. I don't know, maybe the final boss gave him the limp?!
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Retarded Leg Syndrom?

Don't be a butthole! Unless, of course, you're not talking about the disabled type :P
Last edited by simeonalo on 08 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Retard = late or slow. It's what the word means. Unless you knew that and your post was a joke.

The whole drill thing, and the "Hostel" stuff in the Lair, I've come to the decision that I don't mind it, but I would have if the whole game had been like it. Truth be told it's a small section in a game which otherwise, for the most part, keeps with the traditional atmosphere and subtlety of the series, and it's not like Silent Hill never had gore or violence, just never quite as visceral before.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
MAvulture
Just Passing Through

Post by MAvulture »

That hostel bit right at the start almost made me turn off the game (I wasnt even sure about buying it after the dissapointment of SH4).

Glad I didnt though.

The drill part was unexpected, but in a good way.
--Master of the moon--
ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

MAvulture wrote:That hostel bit right at the start almost made me turn off the game (I wasnt even sure about buying it after the dissapointment of SH4).

Glad I didnt though.

What part are you referring to at the beginning? I can't think of anything gruesome at the beginning. Coincidentally, I am playing SH4 for the first time right now. I am in the forest world. Not so sure about SH4.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^I, too, can't think of anything "gruesome" at the beginning. But I assume he's talking about Pyramid killing Adam, or the people from Shepherd's Glen killing a lot of Joshua's. . .
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

R.L.S. stands for Restless Leg Syndrome. It's safe to say krakalackin was just trying to be funny by being offensive.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

SHACKled89451 wrote:Am I the only one who hated that whole part?

Torture scenes just don't do it for me....

The other SH games didn't have to resort to such cheap gore scenes to scare us did they?
Thats because it's an american version. Not to diss Americans (since I am one), but horror nowdays is all gore and grossness instead of real terror: i.e. Hostel, Saw...

I hated this part of the game, it was way too much like those kinds of horror.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

LeriSuccubus wrote:
SHACKled89451 wrote:Am I the only one who hated that whole part?

Torture scenes just don't do it for me....

The other SH games didn't have to resort to such cheap gore scenes to scare us did they?
Thats because it's an american version. Not to diss Americans (since I am one), but horror nowdays is all gore and grossness instead of real terror: i.e. Hostel, Saw...

I hated this part of the game, it was way too much like those kinds of horror.
I know what you mean, check out paranormal activity its easily the best new horror movie thats been out in like the past 5 years imo.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

yeah wasn't meant to scare you, i thought it was a sweet scene, shes hott. i liked going into town hall before you first go to your house and bug her when shes at her desk
MAvulture
Just Passing Through

Post by MAvulture »

ryno379 wrote:
MAvulture wrote:That hostel bit right at the start almost made me turn off the game (I wasnt even sure about buying it after the dissapointment of SH4).

Glad I didnt though.

What part are you referring to at the beginning? I can't think of anything gruesome at the beginning. Coincidentally, I am playing SH4 for the first time right now. I am in the forest world. Not so sure about SH4.
The part right at the start where he's getting wheeled down the hall, seeing the kids getting killed in the rooms. The first thing I thought of was the scene in hostel, where he's getting wheeled down the hall looking into the rooms at everyone getting tortured.
--Master of the moon--
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

MAvulture wrote:
ryno379 wrote:

Glad I didnt though.

The part right at the start where he's getting wheeled down the hall, seeing the kids getting killed in the rooms. The first thing I thought of was the scene in hostel, where he's getting wheeled down the hall looking into the rooms at everyone getting tortured.
...Except that scene is lifted directly from Jacob's Ladder, one of the biggest inspirations for the original games. If anything it showed that the creators DID understand Silent Hill.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Yeah silent hill was inspired by jacobs ladder but i don't think they ever just completely ripped off the movie. There's a difference between being inspired by something and copying off of something.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Depends on how you look at it. Can be a homage instead of a ripoff, I'm pretty sure that's what was intended. I mean what about in SH3 when you have to get on the train tracks and stuff? It's pretty much identical, and the shot of the wheelchair from Session 9.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
MAvulture
Just Passing Through

Post by MAvulture »

Paying homage is all well and good - but not in the first 30 seconds of the game.
--Master of the moon--
supperhater
Just Passing Through

Post by supperhater »

Apparently that scene is censored in the Australian version :(

I just got the game yesterday, I'm liking it more than I expected to. It's not as "actiony" and "resident evilly" as i expected it to be, which is a good thing.
AlexShepherd555

Post by AlexShepherd555 »

My favourite part is pulling the mk23 handgun on curtis and shooting the living crap out of him, kinda satisfying to own him so quickly when he has that sucky saw, man they could have made that weapon way better...
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

It was shocking, to say the least, but well deserved.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

supperhater wrote:I just got the game yesterday, I'm liking it more than I expected to. It's not as "actiony" and "resident evilly" as i expected it to be, which is a good thing.
Really, there's very little in this world that's as bad as people make it out to be. Homecoming is a perfectly acceptable, well-constructed addition to the series. It may be far from my favorite, but I'm not at all unhappy to have played it.