Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Nov 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jan 2010
Notes left: 9
Last seen at: Seneca, PA
After getting the "Smile" ending (took me 3 times beating the game to get it), Alex appears to limp away with Elle. This seems like a delayed reaction to being drilled in the leg.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 504
Last seen at: Birmingham
He has RLS, Retarded Leg Syndrome. I don't know, maybe the final boss gave him the limp?!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Retarded Leg Syndrom?

Don't be a butthole! Unless, of course, you're not talking about the disabled type :P

Last edited by simeonalo on 08 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
Retard = late or slow. It's what the word means. Unless you knew that and your post was a joke.

The whole drill thing, and the "Hostel" stuff in the Lair, I've come to the decision that I don't mind it, but I would have if the whole game had been like it. Truth be told it's a small section in a game which otherwise, for the most part, keeps with the traditional atmosphere and subtlety of the series, and it's not like Silent Hill never had gore or violence, just never quite as visceral before.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2010
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Australia
That hostel bit right at the start almost made me turn off the game (I wasnt even sure about buying it after the dissapointment of SH4).

Glad I didnt though.

The drill part was unexpected, but in a good way.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jan 2010
Notes left: 9
Last seen at: Seneca, PA
MAvulture wrote:
That hostel bit right at the start almost made me turn off the game (I wasnt even sure about buying it after the dissapointment of SH4).

Glad I didnt though.

What part are you referring to at the beginning? I can't think of anything gruesome at the beginning. Coincidentally, I am playing SH4 for the first time right now. I am in the forest world. Not so sure about SH4.

Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7988
Last seen at: Nowhere
^I, too, can't think of anything "gruesome" at the beginning. But I assume he's talking about Pyramid killing Adam, or the people from Shepherd's Glen killing a lot of Joshua's. . .

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
R.L.S. stands for Restless Leg Syndrome. It's safe to say krakalackin was just trying to be funny by being offensive.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2010
Notes left: 129
SHACKled89451 wrote:
Am I the only one who hated that whole part?

Torture scenes just don't do it for me....

The other SH games didn't have to resort to such cheap gore scenes to scare us did they?

Thats because it's an american version. Not to diss Americans (since I am one), but horror nowdays is all gore and grossness instead of real terror: i.e. Hostel, Saw...

I hated this part of the game, it was way too much like those kinds of horror.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3837
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
LeriSuccubus wrote:
SHACKled89451 wrote:
Am I the only one who hated that whole part?

Torture scenes just don't do it for me....

The other SH games didn't have to resort to such cheap gore scenes to scare us did they?

Thats because it's an american version. Not to diss Americans (since I am one), but horror nowdays is all gore and grossness instead of real terror: i.e. Hostel, Saw...

I hated this part of the game, it was way too much like those kinds of horror.

I know what you mean, check out paranormal activity its easily the best new horror movie thats been out in like the past 5 years imo.

Post subject:

yeah wasn't meant to scare you, i thought it was a sweet scene, shes hott. i liked going into town hall before you first go to your house and bug her when shes at her desk

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

ryno379 wrote:
MAvulture wrote:

Glad I didnt though.

What part are you referring to at the beginning? I can't think of anything gruesome at the beginning. Coincidentally, I am playing SH4 for the first time right now. I am in the forest world. Not so sure about SH4.

The part right at the start where he's getting wheeled down the hall, seeing the kids getting killed in the rooms. The first thing I thought of was the scene in hostel, where he's getting wheeled down the hall looking into the rooms at everyone getting tortured.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

MAvulture wrote:
ryno379 wrote:
MAvulture wrote:

Glad I didnt though.

The part right at the start where he's getting wheeled down the hall, seeing the kids getting killed in the rooms. The first thing I thought of was the scene in hostel, where he's getting wheeled down the hall looking into the rooms at everyone getting tortured.

...Except that scene is lifted directly from Jacob's Ladder, one of the biggest inspirations for the original games. If anything it showed that the creators DID understand Silent Hill.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3837
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Yeah silent hill was inspired by jacobs ladder but i don't think they ever just completely ripped off the movie. There's a difference between being inspired by something and copying off of something.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Depends on how you look at it. Can be a homage instead of a ripoff, I'm pretty sure that's what was intended. I mean what about in SH3 when you have to get on the train tracks and stuff? It's pretty much identical, and the shot of the wheelchair from Session 9.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Paying homage is all well and good - but not in the first 30 seconds of the game.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2009
Notes left: 88
Apparently that scene is censored in the Australian version :(

I just got the game yesterday, I'm liking it more than I expected to. It's not as "actiony" and "resident evilly" as i expected it to be, which is a good thing.

Post subject:

My favourite part is pulling the mk23 handgun on curtis and shooting the living crap out of him, kinda satisfying to own him so quickly when he has that sucky saw, man they could have made that weapon way better...

Post subject:

It was shocking, to say the least, but well deserved.

Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
supperhater wrote:
I just got the game yesterday, I'm liking it more than I expected to. It's not as "actiony" and "resident evilly" as i expected it to be, which is a good thing.

Really, there's very little in this world that's as bad as people make it out to be. Homecoming is a perfectly acceptable, well-constructed addition to the series. It may be far from my favorite, but I'm not at all unhappy to have played it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next