Possible Game Glitch, Argh!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Strikes
Just Passing Through

Possible Game Glitch, Argh!

Post by Strikes »

Hi There

Would really appreciate any feedback. I think l may have stumbled upon a glitch in the game in 'The Attic'.

It's to do with the puzzle with the collected medals. I collected the Heart of Darkness medal and Fallen Star medal, put them on the jacket and then went back to do other things, and eventually saved the game without having completed the puzzle. Upon coming back to finish it the fallen star medal has vanished and isn't on the jacket, in the case where it was originally found or in my inventory.

Without the medal l can't progress any further in the game. I think l'll cry like a little girl if l have to start back from the beginning?!

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any advice?
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Apparently, the Shepherd House is extremely glitchy. I've heard of things such as the clock puzzle solution randomizing or items disappearing if you save before having finished a puzzle. There is a possibility that the medals are there, just invisible... however, if they're not (or, conversely, if they disappear completely once you take them off the jacket), you might well be screwed.

For fear of that, I saved once before starting any puzzle and didn't save again until I got out of the house.
incubus
Just Passing Through

Post by incubus »

Yeah,
the Shepherd's house is the pure evil of glitch.

you better save your games before you enter the Shepherd's house,
and save again in the other slot, if you have entered it

(i experienced the same thing :x )
Strikes
Just Passing Through

Post by Strikes »

Oh no! Thanks for the responses, as l feared it's back to the start. What a doozy of a glitch!
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Look at it as an opportunity to conserve health drinks since you know what's coming? That sucks though, good luck.
asphyxia_82
Just Passing Through

Post by asphyxia_82 »

yes when i did the medal puzzle after picking up the fallen star medal ( I believe that's the one you pick up in the same room as the mannequin you must put it on..) anyways I picked it up when I went to go put it on the mannquin it was gone, i had to restart this 3 times... finally when all the pieces were in place 1 of the lights around the door hadn't lit up.... so i went and checked every room with a puzzle... everything was there so I decided to try to leave and it worked... so if ever you run into that problem just try leaving anyways, it'll probably work... :wink:
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/oi_nat/nick/footerdone.jpg[/img]
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

the same thing happens in the church (o.w.) if you put 2 or 3 slabs on the lock and go save the game when you come back they might not be there. but it still says "take" and if you do it won't go in your inventory but it won't be on the lock any more, this happend to me and i had to restart the entire game!!! :evil:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
LunarSchemer
Just Passing Through

Post by LunarSchemer »

How about in the sewer? If you kill one Needler and then save before you kill the other two, you're pretty much fucked.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

Homecoming is a hardcore. Saving fucks up your game.
Last edited by Larson on 17 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

kind of the oppisite of logic, huh. XD
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I thought I was the only one with stupid glitches. My game freezes during combat. He simply doesn't respond to the commands and I always need to restart the game!!! :evil:
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

Scarlet wrote:He simply doesn't respond to the commands
I've had that happen often too, some combos are impossible to pull of sometimes and pistol handling is very awkward.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Agree. I also have a problem when I try to dodge. The commands do not respond and I get hit several times... :(
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

That only happened to me once, when fighting the first Siam. Of course, the game didn't just stop... nooooo, both Siam and Alex were still in their "breathing" poses, and the fog was still moving around in the background, the music never skipped a beat, either.

Naturally, a Silent Hill game needs a surreal glitch and Siam breathing down my neck for all eternity counts.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

My glitch happened in the sewer. I brought a gun up to do a sweep of an area to make sure there were no enemies before I entered the room, and when I lowered the gun, Alex fell through the floor and I got a Game Over.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i never seem to get any glitches...i guess i'm just lucky
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I'm pretty lucky, I haven't gotten any serious glitches, but I've noticed that upon going into the Shepherd house, the screen goes white for a split second, and the music (Witchcraft, it's called), sounds grainy.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth