"You Can't Wash It Off."

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Koshercrackers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

"You Can't Wash It Off."

Post by Koshercrackers »

Okay, so I'm on my second time through the game, and I'm at the Grand Hotel. In the bathroom where you get the Toluca Lake postcard, over the tub, is written, "You can't wash it off." This has been puzzling me for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with Alex having his brother's blood on his hands. Any input?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

That's what I thought it meant, too. Can't wash away the guilt, even by forgetting about it.
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

I always figured it had a double meaning. The one for Alex as you already mentioned, and one for Carol, the lady cheating on her dying husband. Oftentimes people having affairs, or really anybody who feels guilt or shame about sex, showers after in an attempt to 'wash it off.'
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

FiliusMartis wrote:I always figured it had a double meaning. The one for Alex as you already mentioned, and one for Carol, the lady cheating on her dying husband. Oftentimes people having affairs, or really anybody who feels guilt or shame about sex, showers after in an attempt to 'wash it off.'

yeah thats what i thought.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
cedar grove
Just Passing Through

Post by cedar grove »

maby it means. how ever much alex tries to forget what hapendend(staying in hospital) the fact thathe killed josh will always be there.

That or the hotel is out of cleaning supplies and cant clean the wall(joke)
what does no man want, but dosent want to lose either?
a lawsuit.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

"You can't wash it off."

Well, in the tub beneath that little messages is the third memory of Carols', right? The note says something about losing the necklace her beloved bought for her in the lake.
Carol's affair couldn't be "washed off/washed away".
There is a hole in the wall that you can look through to see the message. Maybe she knew that colleagues who worked in the hotel had found out her affair and were keeping a kind of watch over her; "can't wash it off/can't wash off the guilt/can't wash off the disgust people began feeling for her".

See the hotel notes; one of them is a colleague expressing his worry for Carol's sick husband and what he might do if he found out.

It could mean something about Alex and Josh as well, but since the bathtub contains Carol's memory, I'd probably be more prone to think it were for her.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth