schism tatictics

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

shfreak235
Just Passing Through

schism tatictics

Post by shfreak235 »

what i do is just keep doing heavy attacks one right after another, but i was wondering what you guys do, not only to the schisms but to all monsters.

I'M NOT JUST TRYING TO SUCK TACTICS OUT OF YOU SO DON'T ACCUSE ME OF IT.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

knife combo.
icon from creamiicandy on lj
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

Well as for Schism, I use the axe then proceed to: step in attack, wait for attack, side counter attack, 3 hit combo then go back to the beginning and repeat. This way you should never again lose energy to old banana boy.
Who's the man? Me!!
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Axe as well, I wait for it to do its charge attack, do a full dodge behind it, then either Axe combo it or a single counter hit, depending on how close I am or how fast the dodge was. After I hit, I get far enough away so it cannot counter, and wait for it to charge again.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Schism telegraphs its moves, so I knife-knife-knife, dodge/block, knife-knife-knife.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll use the shotgun, but since the monsters largely observe Jackie Chan's "noodle time" when attacking in groups (with the exceptions being Siam and Swarm), there's never any real danger of them ganging up and raping Alex.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

knife combo.
^ I usualy use this.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Axe as well, I wait for it to do its charge attack, do a full dodge behind it, then either Axe combo it or a single counter hit, depending on how close I am or how fast the dodge was. After I hit, I get far enough away so it cannot counter, and wait for it to charge again.

Oh, I should have posted this instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0_WssAz3Q&fmt=22

Recorded from the PC version.
reap28
Just Passing Through

Post by reap28 »

laser pistol =) lol
asphyxia_82
Just Passing Through

Post by asphyxia_82 »

I always used to have troubles with the order people, until I found a little trick out .. if your interested read on.... I clearly understand this has nothing to do with scisms but has alot to do with fighting tactics... So pull out the knife and hold the attack button down and I'm pretty sure left or right or even just forward sometimes works (this is for 360 but probably works on any other console..) and you get to hits in and the order person will move to the side, and this does this until he is dead... he doesn't get time to get a hit in so its.. long but ... it works.. ! :)
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/oi_nat/nick/footerdone.jpg[/img]
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Yeah, the knife is more effective against the Order soldiers, but I preferred the steel pipe for its visceral feel. It was just more satisfying to bludgeon them to death than it was to stab them repeatedly.

Incidentally, this is the reason I don't begrudge the inclusion of the Order soldiers, because I felt vindicated hunting down and destroying every last one of them. Now, it isn't simply an issue of pleasure, but what that pleasure represented. The Order soldiers were included in the ranks of the monsters because they behaved like monsters... looking back, the pleasure I took in taking revenge on them made me into a monster, too. I greatly appreciated that turnaround.

Back on subject, though, the knife is probably the most useful combat tool in Homecoming, after so many installments of knives being almost useless.
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

asphyxia_82 wrote:I always used to have troubles with the order people, until I found a little trick out .. if your interested read on.... I clearly understand this has nothing to do with scisms but has alot to do with fighting tactics... So pull out the knife and hold the attack button down and I'm pretty sure left or right or even just forward sometimes works (this is for 360 but probably works on any other console..) and you get to hits in and the order person will move to the side, and this does this until he is dead... he doesn't get time to get a hit in so its.. long but ... it works.. ! :)
i do the same thing but with heavy pipe attacks.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Kenji wrote:Schism telegraphs its moves, so I knife-knife-knife, dodge/block, knife-knife-knife.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll use the shotgun, but since the monsters largely observe Jackie Chan's "noodle time" when attacking in groups (with the exceptions being Siam and Swarm), there's never any real danger of them ganging up and raping Alex.
I actually found Schisms to be the most likely to attack me in groups, especially out in the streets. But since their attacks are so obvious you can always dodge them, the only issue is timing the dodge propely when two or three are readying their attacks at the same time. Knife combo when they are in a group, but generally when alone the axe is the best bet.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Post by Laxamentum »

I was playing though Homecomming again this week, and againsed single schisms I discovered an interesting tactic.

If you hit the DODGE button with your axe ready you make a slight ducking motion, and granted you are not dodging an attack you can immediatly use a quick heavy attack in an upward strike, knocking them back. If you do this repeatedly then they don't get a chance to attack.
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis