Now I know how AVGN feels... (Combat Tips?)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

In the case of Needlers, they usually raise their arm a good second before they attack, giving you the opening to dodge if you know where to look. It takes a little practice, but the timing should come to you.
Yeah I noticed that, I learned to counter and dodge Needlers attack. Well, with the knife only. But those guys don't even scratch me anymore. :)
Another monster that's easy to learn the timing of is the Schism.
They're faster and more intimidating because they come in groups, but it's also through them that I found that most enemies observe "noodle time" (they only attack one at a time, just like in martial arts films).
Lol yeah I noticed that too, at first I tought that they were tough and died a lot 'cause I wasn't thinking about my defense, I just rushed after them and that was my demise. But they're easy to dodge and counter, all you have to do is watch one, let it make the first move. After that just do the knife 3 hit combo (A, A, X if you're on Xbox or X, X, Square if you're on the PS3) I just figured that this 3 hit combo is better than the 4 hit because the last attack lands on the Schism's weak point, i'ts head, therefore it will die quickly.

Oh, by the way, anyone have a good tactic to kill Siam's with melee attacks? I could only land 1 succesful strike on the first one, then I had to switch for the Shotgun. . .