Why could Alex see Pyramid Head?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

I agree with your comment about seeing him brought to life it was so awesome seeing him on screen *0*

And yeah! I heard that was the original plan for the ending. The barbed wire idea was a bit cheesy for my liking. Pyramid head DID have some of the best scenes in the film ^w^

But anyway, a little bit straying from the point XD
I thought it was odd in the Judgement ending when Pyramid head roared at the end o.O;;
Well, roared/screaming XD
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Alright, so I've got a bit of an idea about this; it's a little shaky, so bear with me.

I've understood Shepard's Glen version of the Order to be somewhat heretical to the Order of Silent Hill, which is why they have such problems keeping the religion stable in that area. I wouldn't put it past Silent Hill's Order to object to the religion settling elsewhere.

I wonder if this Pyramid Head was part of a part sent out to stop the Shepard's Glen founders from settling. The Order has never been all that concerned with preservation of human life, so I wonder if an executioner was sent out to kill the founders, stop them from threatening the solidarity of the Order.

If the founders killed the executioner, it would make sense that he stays in the area he was killed in, especially given the religion's propensity for holding people in the same place they died in.

There's only very circumstantial evidence to back this up (like Pyramid Head going after the descendants of the founders), and it's just a theory.

I mean... I can't see Silent Hill's Order sending them off with their blessing. It's pretty rigid and hierarchical. That, and it seems like there's problems with the religion being transplanted, almost like the land can't support it the way that Silent Hill can and does. (Silent Hill doesn't require sacrifices, and seems to stay in a constant state unless fucked with or otherwise actively tapped into.) These are all problems that probably would have occurred to the Order members of Silent Hill.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I should note, before you go any further with your theory, that the members of the Order that go "lolkillkillkillburn" as we see in the games are only a vocal minority, and are seen as crazy/batshit insane/something is fucking wrong with them by the rest of the Order. Claudia only got as much support as she did because she had psychic powers [and I think mind control might've been among them].
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

>that the members of the Order that go "lolkillkillkillburn" as we see in the games are only a vocal minority

I'm having a little trouble believing this, considering Silent Hill 1. Given their drug trafficking habits of White Claudia, and the murders of several key figures in Silent Hill, you'd think that the more sane members would have been more quick to stop the batshit members.

Also, what sane members? There are some? I think the most "normal" we've seen is Vincent, and that's not saying much.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) The Drug Trafficking: It's not like real life cults haven't done so; doesn't mean they advocate murder. Case in point, Hare Krishna.

2) That was just Dahlia, using Alessa's psychic powers to bump off some annoyances to her plans. She did it without sanction of the Order at large, they had no way to stop her, or even suspect that she was doing anything.

3) It's not like we've met every member of the Order ever. What about the woman Vincent was talking to on that tape? What about the woman in the Confessional? What about the various notes left by people going "Hey, um...summoning rituals are pretty bad, and they'll probably just summon the Devil. Don't do them."? We're only shown the Fucking Crazy Batshit nuts for the same reason we only see the Dark Gritty Horror Death Scary Otherworlds: It's a horror game and they're good for the story. No one wants to see happy funtime bunny love Otherworlds and hippie hug fluff and light cultists, even though we acknowledge they exist.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

AuraTwilight wrote:No one wants to see happy funtime bunny love Otherworlds and hippie hug fluff and light cultists, even though we acknowledge they exist.
Why not? That would be kickass..
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because it wouldn't be Survival Horror.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I'm with Aura on this one... the cult members who rock the boat aren't the cult at large or even widespread in their extremist beliefs. Wasn't Dahlia herself regarded as a little crazy or "out there" for the Order? I mean, if her beliefs or practices to bring about their God to this world were fully endorsed by all why would she have to worship in her other church at Green Lion Antiques?

I think the strife shown between Vincent and Claudia in SH3 clearly shows the common faith with diverging beliefs thing quite well--Vincent himself says it's not uncommon for two people to believe in the same God and still disagree. Also, look at Claudia and her father, Leonard. They disagree completely about their beliefs... Heck, even Heather/Alessa and Claudia don't see eye to eye anymore, if Alessa ever really agreed with Claudia about anything.

Claudia does indeed frighten the people of the Order, and I think it was hinted that her zeal and her conviction startled them. She may not have been the Dahlia for the new Order but she was just as determined and strong-willed to see things her way. I think that worried the Order.

This is all incredibly off topic though--in fact I had to scroll up to see what the topic was and I feel really silly for having forgotten about it in the first place, lol. I even forgot how it came to this part--cult member craziness? Pyramid Head? Man, I need coffee.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

I seriously only see the reason for him being in there is for fan service.
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

actually, I know it's TV Tropes, but they had a pretty interesting theory, where pyramid head represented alex's "self worth" or something like that, and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he killed the father as a way to show alex he doesn't need his father's love and approval to be worth something.

Meh, I don't think we can always cry "fanservice!" for everything that comes up. although that might be true in this case, but meh.
icon from creamiicandy on lj
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Meh, I don't think we can always cry "fanservice!" for everything that comes up. although that might be true in this case, but meh
They could have came up with a different monster, it didn't HAVE to be Pyramid Head.
Thats the Fan Service part in my opinion.
just a dead boy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by just a dead boy »

^ well they tried the butcher, and they already made connections between him and PH, might as well use the real thang
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8130/sigshhpv4.jpg[/img]
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Ahh, Butcher. What a guy XD
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

QuestionSleepZz wrote:
Meh, I don't think we can always cry "fanservice!" for everything that comes up. although that might be true in this case, but meh
They could have came up with a different monster, it didn't HAVE to be Pyramid Head.
no no, I agree, they probably should have. It was more of a response to every time someone cries fanservice against anything that probably might have been worked in properly.
icon from creamiicandy on lj
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

QuestionSleepZz wrote:
Never really understood the whole aversion to fanservice, personally. I mean, as long as it's not completely nonsensical, and it's pretty established that the pyramidhead visage is a part of Silent Hills known history as a town. It wasn't James' personal boogieman, this has been established.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

well i'm pretty sure if his dad spontaniously ripped in half it would be a little weird, even for silent hill.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Depends on WHOM was doing the ripping-in-half.

Which Silent Hill fan DOESNT want to see their bitchface-of-a-protagonists-father cut in half~!? XD

I kid, I kid XD
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

What he means is that it would be weird if Adam was ripped in half by some invisible force.
Walter10h
Just Passing Through

Post by Walter10h »

AuraTwilight wrote:What he means is that it would be weird if Adam was ripped in half by some invisible force.
Actually that would've been kickass...

Ignore me... I'm a sucker for insanely weird stuff... *goes to corner*

also about PH. Well I think there's a good reason for him to be there, but sometimes I can't just help but scream "LOLFANSERVICE" when I see him.
Lark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Lark »

Vixx wrote:Aura - whether you meant to offend or not, the lolcreationism comment was rude and potentially offensive. Purported gnorance, feigned or genuine, of what you think may or may not offend people isn't good enough. Knock it off. I won't warn again; I'll just ban you.

I still think I could've really dug this game if PH/Bogeyman hadn't made the final cut. Although I appreciate people's explanations as to how PH/BM could legitimately be in Shepherd's Glen, I still think it's fan service and really facepalmed this game for me. Sob.
I understand, I dont know why the writers saw fit to make PH/BM feature in more than the one game since the monsters from each game, apart from the nurses, are generally unique to the game.

I'm sure part of its to do with PH/BM or the nurses being so readily identifiable with the franchise, they even featured in the film in sort of inexplicable ways for anyone unfamiliar with the SH back story, on the other hand this game was so much about the order, their plans and SNAFU which unleashed the Otherworld that if PH/BM is their "creation" or tradition its not really a wonder if shows up.

I think that's more the case than making connections to do with Adam, this game isnt like the second, infact none of them are, the second uniquely looks at the "Sinners Reward" scenario wher the innermost torments are made real. I'm not even sure that the fourth game, while it features a really bad confused mother fixation complex thing, is in the same order of thing either.

I think after the second, with the fourth being the only real departure, all the games have all been about the Order and their SNAFU.
God didnt make man equal, Col. Colt did - Anon.