Why could Alex see Pyramid Head?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

But it's not just about killing children. They had a duty to do so for the protection of their town. By not killing Alex, Adam doomed the entire town to Hell, including his own son, and made the sacrifices of the other three families nothing but worthless murders. By being too much of a coward to kill his own son, he selfishly condemned everyone he ever knew or loved to a fate worse than death.
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Either way, Bogeyman punished him and not the others.
I think the only reason he punished him and not the others, though, is because the other monsters (bosses), also seemingly created out of guilt, got to them first...
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

Deathbywoodenplank wrote:
Returbuliz wrote:SPOILERS:
In SH2 hotel James says to both PHs: "I was weak, that's why I needed you to punish me." (or something like that).
James was referring to Maria btw, not the Red Pyramids.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
You have to remember he created Maria in his mind to ease the pain of losing Mary. He believed himself to be too weak to handle his crime so he created a better version of his wife to add to his delusions. After learning the truth about Mary, he accepted his crime and he didn't need Maria any longer.
*pops in* This statement can't be right. :?
At that point, which ending you've received hasn't been determined yet. Your ending could've been any ending, even the Maria one. So why would he say that about Maria only to confront Mary later and be all DONT NEED YOU, GOT MARIA?
Or maybe...I missed something? I should go replay SH2.

As for why Alex could see PH,
I like what the SH wiki said about it being some kind of 'reincarnation of Josh' with him not hurting Alex and punishing Adam for being a bad father. Although, PH is probably punishing Adam because he feels guilty for breaking the pact. Meh. =/
It was nice to see him, but I hate the design. The Helmet is bad ass, but it looks like he's wearing a skirt. <_<
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

BloodRedScarlet wrote:
Deathbywoodenplank wrote:
Returbuliz wrote:SPOILERS:
In SH2 hotel James says to both PHs: "I was weak, that's why I needed you to punish me." (or something like that).
James was referring to Maria btw, not the Red Pyramids.
You have to remember he created Maria in his mind to ease the pain of losing Mary. He believed himself to be too weak to handle his crime so he created a better version of his wife to add to his delusions. After learning the truth about Mary, he accepted his crime and he didn't need Maria any longer.
I think that phrase is more general in sense.
I mean PHs are manifestations of James' subconscious mind.
Yes, I know about the town's history thing, & stuff.
But in SH2's particular case, I think they reflect how James subconsciously sees himself.
"Why I needed you." Notice that James first cries when he sees PHs impaling Maria, & then starts talking about "I needed you" issue.
Then after that, he turns to both PHs & says "but now it's time to end this." So I guess that could also refer to the PHs, & Maria as well.
Since the names are not mentioned in the sentence
Last edited by Returbuliz on 10 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

At bloodredscarlet~~

The Helmet was so much more sinister XD...Now I just have the image of Pyramid head in a hula skirt D:
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
wonderland kitten
Just Passing Through

Post by wonderland kitten »

i don't think Boogy is a punisher at all in this case. (said it already in annother post but...) except the dream sequence PH never actually attacks Alex, on the contrary on many places he protects Alex (like killing a needeler in the hotel). I don't see the punisher from 2 (origins or the movie) i see an ally (spelling?). That makes more sense during the Boogyman ending too because he then becomes his own protector.
"But i don't want to go among mad people!"
OH you can't help that we're ALL mad here...
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

wonderland kitten wrote:i don't think Boogy is a punisher at all in this case. (said it already in annother post but...) except the dream sequence PH never actually attacks Alex, on the contrary on many places he protects Alex (like killing a needeler in the hotel).
You're looking in the wrong direction. Bogeyman displays very little specific interest in Alex because his role is to stalk the four family heads. It's just that he's not particularly efficient about his job (one out of four is still fail).

Though, to be fair, he's not the only one after the four family heads.

God, I wish this game placed greater focus on the real main characters... it'd be such a better and more unique story, that way.

Oh, and thanks, Aura. I do rule. :D
wonderland kitten
Just Passing Through

Post by wonderland kitten »

Bogeyman displays very little specific interest in Alex because his role is to stalk the four family heads.
maybe i missed something but i didn't see any evidence of Bogeyman anywhere but with Alex... no bodies or conversation the only other thing is in Josh's pictures. if thats the case then he cant be after the families unless...
hes a ninja!
(NINJA P.H.!!!!!!)
which seems unlikely with that giant sword and slow moving saunter he dose
"But i don't want to go among mad people!"
OH you can't help that we're ALL mad here...
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Well, the Bogeyman is a supernatural subconscious manifestation, so I don't think his m.o. is really relevant. Keep in mind that the context of Silent Hill: Homecoming is: The Shepherd family fucked up, so the entire sect has to pay. The Bogeyman, then, in my opinion, is more a manifestation of what the sect believes to be divine judgment, than of guilt for their actions. Keep in mind also, that Pyramid Head was initially manifested from the old executioners of the cult, the sect of Valtiel; de facto law-keepers of the Order.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]