Why could Alex see Pyramid Head?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Agent of God
Subway Guard

Why could Alex see Pyramid Head?

Post by Agent of God »

Well,if Pyramid Head was Adam's punisher then why did he appear to Alex too?Was he supposed to punish Alex too, in some way?
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
For Joshua's death
I don't remember anyone else besides James seeing PH in Silent Hill 2 (Maria does not count, see was used as part of the punishment).

So what do you think the reason was that Alex could see him?
Last edited by Agent of God on 02 Jun 2012, edited 2 times in total.
We are still here...
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

It's a communal otherworld. Everyone is seeing the same thing.

And Boogeyman isn't only after Adam, but after all of the Parents of this generation of sacrifices (as evidented by him being in the hotel).

It is not Pyrmaidhead BTW, its Boogeyman. A creature used to scare the kids of Shepherds Glenn for generations with the Boogeyman rhyme. He was feared by every child at some points, so he manifests in the otherworld of SG. He looks like Pyramidhead, because Pyramidhead looks like the executioner of the Order. And the Order is object of the fear in Shepherd's Glenn.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Fan service >_>
they could have used a differant monster just as easily in my opinion.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Arsonist is right. Everyone's emotions and fears mixed together to make an Otherworld they're all experiencing. Think like SH1, SH3, SH4, and such, but there's no one person in control.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

I agree with all this, but why does he Punish only Adam?Is it because all the others already got punished by the monster manifestations of their kids, while Adam never got involved in the sacrifice?
We are still here...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Adam's apparently the only one he caught up to in time to kill. Remember seeing him in the hotel? He was looking for the Mayor, too.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Pyramid Head = The Butcher = The Boogeyman as manefestations derived from that of the executioner.

Also in one of the alternate endings Alex does in a sense receive 'punishment' or his 'just rewards' based on what you do...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I still don't believe that the Butcher is derived from any Executioner, only that the Executioner and the Butcher share attributes due to a common route. It's like Evolution: It's not that we evolved from apes, but that we and apes have a common ancestor.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

AuraTwilight wrote:I still don't believe that the Butcher is derived from any Executioner, only that the Executioner and the Butcher share attributes due to a common route. It's like Evolution: It's not that we evolved from apes, but that we and apes have a common ancestor.
I'm a creationist anyway :P . But I feel that there are template monster types that can be perceived differently in appearance for all the SH monsters. Not that I'm saying the Butcher is THE executioner. But that neither are the others (Pyramid or Boogeyman), but that they are all derivations.
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

Trying to be serious about the PH ending, I think Alex may have had some sort of connection that wasn't about him feeling guilt about killing Josh/being part of the four families/the three options before the final bossfight. I think Alex may have had a connection to Mary, and SH2's PH WASN'T there as a manifestation of James's sexual frustration, but it was Mary. Therefore all members of the Shepherd family can see him.

Okay, I lied. I wasn't being serious at all.
AuraTwilight wrote:Adam's apparently the only one he caught up to in time to kill. Remember seeing him in the hotel? He was looking for the Mayor, too.
Arsonist wrote:It's a communal otherworld. Everyone is seeing the same thing.

And Boogeyman isn't only after Adam, but after all of the Parents of this generation of sacrifices (as evidented by him being in the hotel).

It is not Pyrmaidhead BTW, its Boogeyman. A creature used to scare the kids of Shepherds Glenn for generations with the Boogeyman rhyme. He was feared by every child at some points, so he manifests in the otherworld of SG. He looks like Pyramidhead, because Pyramidhead looks like the executioner of the Order. And the Order is object of the fear in Shepherd's Glenn.
I think these theories sums it up.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm a creationist anyway
I was using it as an analogy. Whether or not evolution is true has no bearing.

also lolcreationism.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

also lolcreationism.
Don't take the piss out of someone just because you don't share their views, there's nothing more ignorant.
Who's the man? Me!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Just because I said "lolcreationism" doesn't mean I was taking the piss out of anyone. I was knocking it's irrelevancy to the discussion on hand more than anything.

There's nothing more ignorant than assuming you know someone's intentions better than what they let on and then making an ass out of yourself in public by criticizing them over something they didn't even fucking do.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

I was knocking it's irrelevancy to the discussion on hand more than anything.
No you wern't, you were taking the piss out of creationism, and by association mocking jdnation's views.
And what's this "in public" crap, do you seriously consider an internet forum to be public? you need to get out more.
Who's the man? Me!!
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Jeez, relax people.Drink a cup o' coffee don't be so offensive to each other.
We sure don't want to end up like those yahoos over at YouTube threatening each other!

AND GET BACK ON TOPIC (if there is anything left to discuss)
We are still here...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No you wern't, you were taking the piss out of creationism, and by association mocking jdnation's views.
So, what, you can read minds now? Okay, good to know, what am I thinking when I type "lolurajudgementalassholewhogetsworkeduponthingsyouknowshitaboutthatisn'tanyofyourbusinessandshouldreallyleaveuptoamodiftheythinkthere'saproblem"?
And what's this "in public" crap, do you seriously consider an internet forum to be public? you need to get out more.
Anyone can sign up and post or read what goes on in this board. By definition, it's "public."
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

So, what, you can read minds now? Okay, good to know, what am I thinking when I type "lolurajudgementalassholewhogetsworkeduponthingsyouknowshitaboutthatisn'tanyofyourbusinessandshouldreallyleaveuptoamodiftheythinkthere'saproblem"?
OK, no offense to Seal of Megatron but this was the best STFU I have ever heard/read about :lol:
We are still here...
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

So, what, you can read minds now? Okay, good to know, what am I thinking when I type "lolurajudgementalassholewhogetsworkeduponthingsyouknowshitaboutthatisn'tanyofyourbusinessandshouldreallyleaveuptoamodiftheythinkthere'saproblem
em.......are you coming on to me?....i'm flattered and all, but...
And public my arse, no doubt you holiday in Second Life. Twat.
Last edited by Seal of Megatron on 20 Jul 2009, edited 2 times in total.
Who's the man? Me!!
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

:shock: :o :shock: :o
OK, now you're being ridiculous!

Let's get this over with...shall we?
We are still here...
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

I just don't like bigots. How do you think he would feel if I started lolhomosexuality style crap. It's not on.
Who's the man? Me!!