Escape from Alchemilla hospital!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

At some point, i started taking the Hospital ending canon, just because there were enough references to the hospital ending during gameplay.
It's also the only one i actually want, because of the seemingly random creatures (random as if unsure from who's mind they came; i mean Needler, where the hell does he come from? Birth theme? and what does Birth have to do with Alex, did he get a trauma while being birthed?)

As far as Alex coming up with things he doesn't know of: Who knows what a person can hallucinate? It's possible to hallucinate the most simple things to the most paranoia stories. Plus, he could have read about Silent Hill and/or seen maps of it in his past; hell, he could have even been there in his past.

But my most favorite theory is: he played Silent Hill 1 and 2

Ofcourse, he killed his brother, but his mind does want to accept it ;many people who have a close relative that died (not especially killed) still see them sometimes, as in "Why won't you open the door for me?" saying to them (this happened to someone i know).

Ofcourse, this is only my opinion, i don't want to force this into someone's throat.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

It's also the only one i actually want, because of the seemingly random creatures (random as if unsure from who's mind they came; i mean Needler, where the hell does he come from? Birth theme? and what does Birth have to do with Alex, did he get a trauma while being birthed?)
I heard someone compare the needlers to Josh's love of spiders and I never thought there was a birth theme other than the Amnion boss but I suppose it could relate to how Alex was the firstborn son and so was chosen to be the sacrafice, or perhaps a new beginning after Alex accepts what he's done.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
strigoitsepesh
Just Passing Through

Post by strigoitsepesh »

The hospital ending is the one that I received, but I don't think it's canon. There are just way too many loose ends for that to have happened.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Web_Zombie wrote: I heard someone compare the needlers to Josh's love of spiders and I never thought there was a birth theme other than the Amnion boss but I suppose it could relate to how Alex was the firstborn son and so was chosen to be the sacrafice, or perhaps a new beginning after Alex accepts what he's done.
And that's my problem, the Needler looks like some birthing (with the head stuck on the downside of the torso), and then if it's representing Josh's love of spiders, then there's two of em: Amnion is obviously a spider too :(
The Siam could also be a monster from Adam's mind, the Lurker is multi-interpretable, Pyramid Head's ... let's not get started about that. The only significant clear monsters were the bosses: the anger of the murdered children.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

At some point, i started taking the Hospital ending canon, just because there were enough references to the hospital ending during gameplay.
There's nods and hints towards all the endings though. Well, except the Bogeyman ending, which was absolute crazy bullshit.
Have you read any of the threads on the monster symbolism? Personally, I think they were the easiest to figure out in the whole series.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

^Most of em are, but its unclear from which person they originate from (or at least in my eyes) so i started taking it as randomly hallucinating :? .