Escape from Alchemilla hospital!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

lost carol
Just Passing Through

Escape from Alchemilla hospital!

Post by lost carol »

spoiler alert!!!!I played and beat silent hill homecoming and i don't remember anybody saying on how Alex got out of the mental hospital. :roll: So I thought of this theory,im sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and if this similar to someone else theory im a noob :cry: . any way remember how the beginning of the game you were escaping the Alchemilla hospital,well maby in Alex's thoughts that's how the whole escaped looked like to him.like how he was trying to get out of that examining table thing well maby that was him trying to get out of a straight jacket :lol: lol . But this just a theory so give me your opinion on this theory.
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I don't think he got out of the hospital to begin with. I'm going with the dreaded hospital ending being canon. :P
icon from creamiicandy on lj
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

Alex never actually leaved the Hospital,he created everything you see through the game in his mind.You can see it in the - by far - more logical ending where he's getting electroschocked,and even the other endings seemed so simple and anticipated (Alex escaping with Elle) or very exaggerating (Alex becoming a PH!) for them being real.
lost carol
Just Passing Through

Post by lost carol »

Pentelikon wrote:
Alex never actually leaved the Hospital,he created everything you see through the game in his mind.You can see it in the - by far - more logical ending where he's getting electroschocked,and even the other endings seemed so simple and anticipated (Alex escaping with Elle) or very exaggerating (Alex becoming a PH!) for them being real.

sorry i didn't really get the story that much.but i agree with you on which ending is more canon or realistic.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Hospital Ending is stupid.

He probably got out by...being declared sane to safety, and was released officially. It's not uncommon for mental hospitals to decide that someone's delusions are passive enough to merit normal living, and let them out with like, counseling sessions or something. Mental Hospitals are only for people who are dangerous or inept at normal living.

And at worse,
He just has memories of being in the army. Oh god, how can he ever live a normal life now?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Post by Laxamentum »

AuraTwilight wrote:The Hospital Ending is stupid.

He probably got out by...being declared sane to safety, and was released officially. It's not uncommon for mental hospitals to decide that someone's delusions are passive enough to merit normal living, and let them out with like, counseling sessions or something. Mental Hospitals are only for people who are dangerous or inept at normal living.

And at worse,
He just has memories of being in the army. Oh god, how can he ever live a normal life now?
Acually the hospital ending is NOT stupid. ((As you state everything you do not agree with is.))

It is true that I strongly dislike the hospital ending. But I happen to know a person that went from completely kind and normal to Walter level crazy in a little under a week. Became a completely different person and was forced to undergo shock therapy.

It is not hard to imagin ((Especially in a game like Silent Hill)) That Alex could have created everything he experianced in SHH, in his own mind.
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Acually the hospital ending is NOT stupid. ((As you state everything you do not agree with is.))
It IS stupid, since it implies that he dreamed up his own family (Adam being one of the doctors) along with the entire past four or five games, since his hallucination references them with information he couldn't of had. If you want to think the entire Silent Hill series is Alex's dream, be my guest.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

AuraTwilight wrote:The Hospital Ending is stupid.

And at worse,
Yes but that has nothing to do with the Hospital Ending,which has countless credits to be true due to the first scene where Alex is taken to the Hospital tied on a bed.Question is...Did Alex joined the military for real,or even that was part of his fantasy?
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

>If you want to think the entire Silent Hill series is Alex's dream, be my guest.

That's just silly. The Hospital ending suggests no such thing.

>Question is...Did Alex joined the military for real,or even that was part of his fantasy?

While possible, its highly doubtful. Were led to believe Alex has been in the hospital since the accident with Josh.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes but that has nothing to do with the Hospital Ending,which has countless credits to be true due to the first scene where Alex is taken to the Hospital tied on a bed.Question is...Did Alex joined the military for real,or even that was part of his fantasy?
He was never in the army, Adam said so.

Ooooh, he was at a hospital at one time. That doesn't imply he's still in the hospital hallucinating.
That's just silly. The Hospital ending suggests no such thing.
It implicates it, as Alex experiences things that only someone who actually experienced the Otherworld should know. Or would you like to explain how Alex dreamed up the same Pyramid Head, Nurses, Otherworld shifting, etc. etc. etc., not to mention the whole thing with the Order that he shouldn't be able to just conjure up with his mind.

Sure, you could argue that the kid-sacrificing ritual was his delusion too, and so it doesn't implicate anything by him dreaming up the murder of the children before his knowing it happened, but if that's the case, then we have no reasoning for why the Shepherd's played favorites and gave Josh the special privileges he got, which led up to the fight.

It's the same crappy line of reasoning as saying that everyone and everything is a delusion of James', as once you decide to write off reality, then we don't KNOW anything anymore, and don't even have a plotline. We just have some guy flipping off the rocking chair with no way to know what's real and what isn't except for some arbitrary cherry-picking with no basis in logical process.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

^Agreed. I hate the hospital ending because it makes no sense as to how Alex managed to dream hallucinate things he didn't even know about. Even if it may be the most obvious, I think the ending where he leaves with Elle is the canon ending, but none of us can know for sure unless it is brought up in a future game.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I remember discussing this very issue ad nauseum in this thread: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16564

Given that Harry could have done the exact same thing in SH1 with the Bad ending, implies its absolutely possible for Alex to do the same thing. Another example of why I think its possible? Jacob's Ladder. Jacob did the exact same thing basically. Personally, I think Alex is suffering a fate worse than death. He has to relive the trauma over and over and can't seem to accept the reality of what happened.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

I think the question about the Alchemilla escape was perfectly answered in Alex's diary from the official site:

"October 1
I'm making a plan to get out of here. It's not like it's high security. It's not a prison or anything. [...]

October 7
The plan is set. On my morning walks, I discovered an exit to a loading dock at the back of the building. I was out there looking it over for a good five minutes before an MP found me. I acted dumb, like I was drugged up (an easy thing to fake at this point). [...]

October 10
My last entry. I'm full recuperated, I'm strong and they've laid off the drugs the last couple of days, so I'm lucid. I figure this is as good a time as any to make my exit. I just need to find out for myself that Joshua's okay. I'm his older brother, that's my job. And I'm never gonna find out in this place. They're never gonna let me leave if the nightmares don't stop, and the nightmares won't stop until I've checked on Joshua. So I'm stuck. I only hope it goes okay. [...]"

Though the "MP" was really just a doctor or some other hospital stuff member, the rest of the story seems realistic enough.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

AuraTwilight wrote: Yes but that has nothing to do with the Hospital Ending,which has countless credits to be true due to the first scene where Alex is taken to the Hospital tied on a bed.Question is...Did Alex joined the military for real,or even that was part of his fantasy?
He was never in the army, Adam said so.

Ooooh, he was at a hospital at one time. That doesn't imply he's still in the hospital hallucinating.
If we accept the Hospital ending as the canon one,then he is hallucinating while he is still tied on the hospital bed*.In fact,we could say that the doctors were absent for a respectable amount of time,until they went on with the electroschock therapy.

Remember Alex releasing violently himself from the bed's straps at the very start of his nightmare.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Given that Harry could have done the exact same thing in SH1 with the Bad ending, implies its absolutely possible for Alex to do the same thing. Another example of why I think its possible? Jacob's Ladder. Jacob did the exact same thing basically. Personally, I think Alex is suffering a fate worse than death. He has to relive the trauma over and over and can't seem to accept the reality of what happened.
Fallacy. Not only is the Bad Ending objectively non-canonical, but at the time, it was the only game in the series and thus there was no reason to assume there were no supernatural experiences outside what Harry learned of.
If we accept the Hospital ending as the canon one,then he is hallucinating while he is still tied on the hospital bed*.In fact,we could say that the doctors were absent for a respectable amount of time,until they went on with the electroschock therapy.
That doesn't answer anything, thanks.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
That doesn't answer anything, thanks.
Well my point was that Alex was in the hospital all the time.I'm just giving an imaginary explanation of how all these visions and hallucinations could be possible.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Granted, but none of those explain his visions having accurate information of things he could never have known about. Even if we ignore the references to other games, we still have the issue of Elle's and Wheeler's diaries, for example.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

>Not only is the Bad Ending objectively non-canonical
At what point did I state that it was? The point of the Hospital ending seems to be that everything was a dream. Josh died, Alex can't accept that so in his mind he created a delusion surrounding the events we experience in the game. All of it was conjured up in his mind. Its not outside the realm of possibility that the mind could create something like what he thought he was experiencing.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but it would mean that he either dreamt up the rest of the series, or his dreams are able to give him information he couldn't know through ESP, and that Adam isn't his father. If we go with "Everything was a dream" then we can't even be sure if there really was a Josh to start with. The ending tells us nothing except that we wasted our time.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I thought we already have a thread on this subject.

http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16956
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark