pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Skele
Subway Guard

Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?

Post by Skele »

i thought he was referring to Schrodinger's Cat, but he's not so i'm lost...
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

No, I was referring to Schroedinger's Cat, except in the context of monsters. They're there and not there 'til observed.
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

No, I don't thin Pyramid head should have been in this game. I'm not being funny, but isn't Pyramid head a creation from James's mind? So why the hell is he in this game, and the film for that matter?. Plus Pyramid heads cameo in this game was appaulingly pointless.And it was the movie version of Pyramid head, which I really don't like. Ok, rant over. :P
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
Lahkesis
Just Passing Through

Post by Lahkesis »

I was glad he made an appearance, but really don't think he should've been there. It didn't feel right.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

No, i don't think he should have been there. It seemed like his appearance was just tacked on like some of the other things in the game (nurses). I didn't like Homecoming at all and have only played it on 2 occasions before i gave up trying to like it.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
AmeraZooike
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by AmeraZooike »

Falconv1.0 wrote:I think his presence made sense but was used awfully. Two scenes, three if you count the 'nightmare', only one of which he does anything of importance. It really felt more like SH2 fanservice than anything else.
I agree with this. Pyramid Head seemed a lot more symbolic when he was kept to Silent Hill 2. Not saying that he wasn't good in Homecoming, but it really could have come up with something more original.
FRIGGIN' LOCKS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
Please visit;
DeviantArt: http://amerazooike.deviantart.com/ For my art and fanfiction.
Silent Hill Kink Meme: http://cheesecakery.livejournal.com/626.html?page=1 This Kink Meme needs a lot more attention. <3
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

Also, the PH design in homecoming didn't look right to me. Too much like the crap movie.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^They did that to please some fans.

Unfortunately it backfired. . .
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

First: I hope he is used in Silent Hill 8/Silent Hill Downpour.
Second: I haven't played Silent Hill Homcoming but I hope they use him right I am a BIG PH FAN!!!!!!!
C: I wish they would add more detail to him in the other games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

jeremyjh wrote:First: I hope he is used in Silent Hill 8/Silent Hill Downpour.
Second: I haven't played Silent Hill Homcoming but I hope they use him right I am a BIG PH FAN!!!!!!!
C: I wish they would add more detail to him in the other games.
I really doubt that he's going to appear in Downpour. Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems that the developers are trying to do anything they can to avoid ripping off things from the other games in the series.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

I really hope he isn't in "Down pour" because that would just be cashing in on the whole PH thing, in my opinion. I think he should have been in SH2 and that's it.

It's like when certain movies start doing a ridiculous number of sequals *cough* nightmare on elm street *cough* Freddy kruger used to be scary then after the 100th movie he was a joke and a caracature.

PH will lose that precence and creepiness if he's constantly recycled and over used.
Stephen King
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

I was afraid someone was going to say that
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Devin mentioned that he wasn't going to be in Downpour, but there's always a chance he'll be in future games.
*cue dramatic music*

I don't think they'll be dumb enough to put him in the second movie, though. There was too much protest.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

SilentWren wrote:Devin mentioned that he wasn't going to be in Downpour, but there's always a chance he'll be in future games.
*cue dramatic music*

I don't think they'll be dumb enough to put him in the second movie, though. There was too much protest.
They're dumb enough to make a second movie. :wink:
Stephen King
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^ Too true.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I still say pyramid head is the most overrated monster in silent hill. Valtiel>pyramid head. Never understood why fans go crazy over him. And yes, i doubt he'll be in downpour or the next silent hill movie. The next movie's supposed to be based off of 3 anyway.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

I like Pyramid Head, but you are so right about Valtiel... if any Silent Hill creature deserves to be brought back in a new game, it's him.

I guess people just don't think about him because he was a much more passive force in SH3 than Pyramid Head was in SH2. Although no less creepy. He's also probably not as easy to cosplay.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Pyramid Head in the next movie. He was in the first movie for no good reason and I can't see them leaving him out because so much of the casual audience is fascinated with him.
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

^Well that Bassett (sp?) director guy said he was gonna bring back some fan favorites...so we'll see. I really hope they don't bring back PH...let him be already! He isn't a staple for the damn series and to see PH after SH2 (especially in Homecoming, since like BlackRose said, he was borrowed from the movie) was really disheartening and unimmersive (imo, of course).
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

If they would've taken the idea of PH and took it in a different direction, that would be one thing.
They literally just keep reusing the. exact. same. monster. period. for the games and movie(s?) so yeah, it's getting annoying.

But if what^^ typed it true, he might be sticking around for the next one. Has anyone asked him yet? I don't recall.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128