SH:H on PC with 3d glasses

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Scyron
Hope House Careworker

SH:H on PC with 3d glasses

Post by Scyron »

I've been wondering since one the latest Nvidia driver updates, if silent hill homecoming supports the new 3D enabled vision.

It seems most recent games do to some extent but that there isn't a current list anywhere or how well they are supported. For instance L4D works flawlessly with 3d but mirror's edge has some problems. With SH:H being one of newest additions to the franchise that is playable on the PC I was wondering if any hardcore computer gamer enthusiasts have tried this yet.

I would try it myself but I currently own SH:H on a console and therefore I am locked out of this awesome new cpu innovation. If someone knows if it runs in 3d well, can they tell their trip report or whatever? I'm thinking of rebuying the game once it is cheap on steam if this works well. Screen shots would be awesome if someone can provide.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It probably doesn't, since it came out nearly a year beforehand. It's too dark anyway, I'm sure.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
shadowvalentine
Just Passing Through

Post by shadowvalentine »

it seems to me it might be too dark of a game for 3D but i'm not sure.
"The Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

AuraTwilight wrote:It probably doesn't, since it came out nearly a year beforehand. It's too dark anyway, I'm sure.
Half life 2 works and that is like 5 years old, if not more. Nvidia made it work with like 90% of the games library so long as it uses a recent DX mode, on a 8800 card or better.

The drivers just change the current in game image to that of a Blue/Red offset much like normal 3d movies and if you want you can disable with with a ctrl+t. On the fly.

I sort of wanted to bring it up if SH2, 3, or 4 on pc worked also but I figured out of all the games SH:H should work the best as it is the most recent.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

They still haven't fixed major bugs in the console versions, I'd be really surprised if the PC port supported 3D
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

Huh, are people that blind in their assumptions? It has nothing to do with the game its self. So long as you have the nvidia drivers it forces the monitor to split the ingame images into two offsets. It is the DRIVERS doing the work not the game, and it requires 0% extra processing power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfAWlu4UnA

Not to derail but this video shows exactly how the game looks, now with 3d glasses it works flawlessly.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

a SH 3d game would be pretty sick. of course, we'd need some nice 3d glasses. no cheap cardboard crap.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

Skele wrote:a SH 3d game would be pretty sick. of course, we'd need some nice 3d glasses. no cheap cardboard crap.
Well nvidia sells some $200 shutter 3d glasses that don't discolor the image with the red/blue, but you also need to have a 100+hz CRT or one of the new samsung models with 3d stereoscopic viewing, that accepts 120hz signals (different from a standard 120hz refresh rate tv)

I was expecting some hardcore computer enthusiast or techno-geek.

I don't suppose there is a demo or anything on pc so I can try this myself?
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

If you have the nVidia control panel installed, you can go in there and see a massive list of games and their levels of compatibility. I just checked mine, and SH:H isn't on there at all - but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work. As others have said, it's up to the drivers. Obscure games from 5+ years ago have perfect compatibility according to this list.