UFO ending *complaints*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

DarkMatter
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarkMatter »

The UFO ending of Homecoming was definitely the weakest UFO ending in the series. Really, it could have been a lot better. Not to mention the fact that it's possible to get it in your first go is ridiculous.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The fact that it's obtainable on the first game does annoy me. However, the ending itself was alright, sort of funny. It was a bit more unexpected due to its style. So it was shockingly funny when I got it on my second "blind" play.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Catch22 wrote:I loved HC, but I wasn't a huge fan of the UFO ending. I wish they would've incorporated the protagonists from the older games somehow.
They did.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The protagonist of Silent Hill: Origins, Travis Grady, was the friendly trucker that dropped Alex off at Shepherd's Glen in the beginning.
At least those of us who hated Homecoming can dismiss it from the main canon.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

No one cares about Travis. Besides, Catch22 specifically said the "older games." Origins was released only a year earlier.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

wait a second. l was able to use the zappy gun on hard when l attained it on normal. that's the only reason l decided to go through it on hard. well, that and a guide for all the health booster shots (the ampoules(sp?) of this game.)
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

AuraTwilight wrote:No one cares about Travis. Besides, Catch22 specifically said the "older games." Origins was released only a year earlier.
Yeah, seeing Travis was neat... but I meant Harry, James and Heather, specifically, seeing as they encountered each other during their own respective UFO endings.

Would've been nice. Ah well.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

the UFO ending got a chuckle out of me, but it's downright lazy compared to Silent Hill 3's UFO ending

it's also nowhere near as funny and weird as 2's Dog ending
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

AdjectiveRyan wrote:wait a second. l was able to use the zappy gun on hard when l attained it on normal. that's the only reason l decided to go through it on hard. well, that and a guide for all the health booster shots (the ampoules(sp?) of this game.)
Yeah you're right. I tryed it (a little long ago) and the laser gun indeed appears on hard mode too.
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Post by KristinT »

angelofROOM302 wrote:I wish the stupid walkthrough guy who wrote the walkthrough wouldn't have wasted my time and told me to go for the UFO ending first to get that dang laser! UGH! :x
I was about to say, maybe the only reason they made it possible to get the UFO ending the first time through was because the game IS harder in terms of monsters and combat than most of the others and they wanted to give players the option of a better weapon on the next play around.

Having said that, I don't want to get the UFO ending first up because it will be random and weird and unsatisfying. I've only just made it to the save point in the cemetery, because every time something happens where I need to button-mash the mouse my game play grinds to a shrieking halt, and I'm hoping I haven't already done stuff that means I'll get the UFO ending.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

and I'm hoping I haven't already done stuff that means I'll get the UFO ending.
Don't worry about it. Your choices will only affect what ending you'll get damn far, far away from the cemetery.
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

The UFO ending wasn't that great to me. And of course I got it the first time I played Homecoming , the laser pistol is cool though ! I would aim for the "Intensive Care" ending it seems to fit better and it's my favorite one.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

You're able to get the UFO ending the first time you play the game? If so that's a flaw in itself, haha... Because those endings aren't supposed to be taken seriously or seen as canon...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.