UFO ending *complaints*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

UFO ending *complaints*

Post by Respect the Pod »

Okay, just finished Homecoming for the first time. Was dissapointed in the beginning but the game got better halfway through and the final boss was bad ass. However, I got the UFO ending!!! I was looking forward to SOME closure on the storyline (as much as Silent Hill will allow.) Oh well, guess I'll have to play it again... Any endings you recommend since I will be replaying with this in mind?

Also, why are there no game stats? I wanted to see how many baddies I slaughtered and how often I used each weapon and such. Not even a total time? Boo.
Last edited by Respect the Pod on 17 Nov 2009, edited 1 time in total.
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

-Zhuangzi
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

I loved how blunt it was. :lol:
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

I'll give ya that...
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

-Zhuangzi
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Wow!
You're right! There are no end stats! Aww come ON Double Helix we need those! :x
The Great Knife
Just Passing Through

Post by The Great Knife »

The Great Knife beleives the UFO ending was poor. Even Wheeler thought so. The Great Knife is also sad no end game stats were given...are we not worth it Double Helix?!

Respect the Pod, you should go through the game once more at least cuz now you have access to the uber Lazer Gun :), The Great Knife prefers to call it the Nappy Gun though :)
~Knives Will Judge~
Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

I already started. The Laser gun is a little over-powered though. IS there a super-hard mode or is normal and hard-mode it? I'm replaying on hard and it ain't much harder...

Oh, and the circular saw sucks balls.

Double Helix was super-lazy in finishing this game.

-Zhuangzi
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

Lol the UFO ending was my first ending too. I didn't like that! :P
Sally Sassalot
Just Passing Through

Post by Sally Sassalot »

There are only the two difficulty settings.

Personally, I don't feel much closure with any of the endings. Two of them (No Dogs Allowed and Judgment) are joke endings, two are plot twists (In Water and Intensive Care) and then there's the Smile! ending, which is also the happy ending, but it's just boring.

I'd aim for Intensive Care. Simply because Smile! is too similar to the UFO ending and out of the other endings, Intensive Care fits the best.
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

I know this has been said before but its absolutely ridiculous that you can get this ending on your first go. Imagine the reaction to people who were introduced to the series through this game?
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
The Great Knife
Just Passing Through

Post by The Great Knife »

The Great Knife agrees with Damn It All, being able to get the UFO ending on the first run through is quite rediculous, especially since it is indeed way over powered...even on hard mode some monsters fall to 1 shot i beleive. Those being new to the series would most likely wonder wtf is going on if they acheive that ending first.
The Great Knife also agrees that the circular saw sucked the big one...The Great Knife misses the SH1 chainsaw so very very much :(.
The only real ending The Great Knife enjoyed was the "Boogeyman" ending, as well as the costume bonus for acheiving it :).

Side note: comparing Pyrimid Head or even The Red Pyrimid to the Boogeyman is totally lame and degrading.
~Knives Will Judge~
Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

I know this has been said before but its absolutely ridiculous that you can get this ending on your first go. Imagine the reaction to people who were introduced to the series through this game?
Egg-zactly! My girl watched me play the whole game, had never seen any of the games before. Not only did she see one of the weaker instalments in the series, but also one of the most retarded endings. It was worth a yuck, but not 7-8 hours of gameplay worth it.

-Zhuangzi
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

How?
What did you guys do to get the UFO ending on your first playthrough?
chaomaster37
Just Passing Through

Post by chaomaster37 »

my first time i got the boogyman ending :D
dreams how do we know if it is not all just dream
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I wish the stupid walkthrough guy who wrote the walkthrough wouldn't have wasted my time and told me to go for the UFO ending first to get that dang laser! UGH! :x
Q The Muse
Just Passing Through

Post by Q The Muse »

Respect the Pod wrote:
Egg-zactly! My girl watched me play the whole game, had never seen any of the games before. Not only did she see one of the weaker installments in the series, but also one of the most retarded endings. It was worth a yuck, but not 7-8 hours of gameplay worth it.
I played it with my girl too and the only other silent hill game she was exposed to was Shattered Memories. "We" played this one together as a way for me to show her how awesome silent Hill can really be and I ended up with the UFO ending...she was like "WTF?" all confused and I had to kind of explain it to her. now she wants to replay it to get a better ending. It should have been a little more difficult to get the No Dog's Allowed ending so that casual game players can have a better experience to reinstate faith in the series. Because lord knows we need a REAL Silent Hill sequel
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/Leviathan_Diablerae/dangerousgases.jpg[/img]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

What did you guys do to get the UFO ending on your first playthrough?
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Don't shoot Lillian, Don't forgive Adam and save Wheeler.

I got this ending on my 2nd playtrough and yeah, it's silly, just like the other SH UFO endings.
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

I think the UFO ending is only funny if you've read Wheeler's canon journal beforehand, because at least then there's irony to it. It was kind of a lame ending. :(

I went for Smile! first because I'm really finicky about getting canon endings first, then went right for UFO for that laser pistol so I could tackle everything else. I was just sad that it wouldn't carry over to Hard mode with me. Would've come in handy. :(
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ What? Are you saying that the Laser Gun can't be found in hard mode unless you beat hard mode with the UFO ending? Aww, this fucking sucks. . .
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

Sorry! I didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news. :( But, yeah, I was a little disappointed myself. I got so used to playing through the game with the pistol that I was so lost without it when I went after hard mode. I got through it, but it was tough.
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

I loved HC, but I wasn't a huge fan of the UFO ending. I wish they would've incorporated the protagonists from the older games somehow.