Interesting little tidbits

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

phix95
Just Passing Through

Interesting little tidbits

Post by phix95 »

This may already be referenced but on a SH:H faq, there's a lot of cool info toward the bottom. Just search the document for "tvi" and also, somewhat below that info there's some other tidbits.
Enjoy.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 2497/54329
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Ty :P
^^
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

I already have a thread for this, but thanks anyways. Some of these haven't been mentioned.
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

Very nice thank you!
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

Interesting. The thing about a possible lobotomy is especially creepy. Thanks for posting this.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

Thanks for posting this!
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

TleilaxuEyes wrote:Interesting. The thing about a possible lobotomy is especially creepy. Thanks for posting this.
I've heard that theory before, and I'm not sure why it hasn't died yet. I guess people just don't understand what a lobotomy actually does to a person? The frontal lobe is the part of the brain that is responsible for developing a person's personality. With it removed or severed, they're not more than a zombie that doesn't eat brains. We'd have no protagonist if he'd undergone a lobotomy before the game's events. (Besides, does Alex really seem "tame" or "docile" to anyone? >.>)

Also, if you really look hard at his character renders, the boy has scars all over his face. Probably jumped off of Curtis's tower one too many times as a kid.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

You're welcome.
And I love the fact that Alex ISN'T tame... he says fuck like 5 times.
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

I love that, too! He's absolutely my favorite SH character, hands down without question. I wouldn't want him any other way. :)
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Sirea wrote:
TleilaxuEyes wrote:Interesting. The thing about a possible lobotomy is especially creepy. Thanks for posting this.
I've heard that theory before, and I'm not sure why it hasn't died yet. I guess people just don't understand what a lobotomy actually does to a person? The frontal lobe is the part of the brain that is responsible for developing a person's personality. With it removed or severed, they're not more than a zombie that doesn't eat brains. We'd have no protagonist if he'd undergone a lobotomy before the game's events. (Besides, does Alex really seem "tame" or "docile" to anyone? >.>)

Also, if you really look hard at his character renders, the boy has scars all over his face. Probably jumped off of Curtis's tower one too many times as a kid.
TleilaxuEyes didn't say anything about a lobotomy having taken place, only that one was possible if Alex didn't escape.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Sirea wrote:

TleilaxuEyes didn't say anything about a lobotomy having taken place, only that one was possible if Alex didn't escape.
In the actual link/walkthrough they talk about it happening beforehand, though. I just quoted TleilaxuEyes so it didn't look like I was talking out of nowhere.
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Awesome, thanks the the link.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

I was wondering if Alex was supposed to have a failed or incorrectly-performed lobotomy. Kind of like that guy who had the railroad spike shot through his head in the 1800's. His personality changed, but he could still function. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and it's just a crackpot theory, but it's interesting, anyway.
At any rate, Alex may have gotten a lobotomy if he hadn't escaped, or perhaps he was simply scared that he would get one, and his fears manifested in the Otherworld or in his Otherworld-like dream at the beginning.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!