Schism strategy

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

Schism strategy

Post by Respect the Pod »

I couldn't find this anywhere on the forum so sorry if it's been posted.

So, I'm replaying Homecoming on hard and get stuck at the police station when all the schisms attack you (after you get your stuff back). You see, I want to be conservative with my ammo and health items, using them only against siam and bosses. Schisms have always given me trouble and so I sought to keep them at a distance...

Once you regain control of Alex (with his stuff), but before you cut the boards, you need to make a fort. Take the three chairs in the office and carefully push them in a pile, blocking the left side of the desk when you come into the room. Then lure the schism, one at a time if possible, charge up a strong swing with your axe, and let'r rip from the safety of your fort. Re-construct the fort as needed.

I have done this a bunch of times (only on hard though) and I can get it to work at least every-other time and emerge unscathed. Lemme know how it works out for you guys...
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

-Zhuangzi
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

Hmm I'll give this a try on my next playthrough and let you guys know if it worked for me.
Noble Kale
Just Passing Through

Post by Noble Kale »

That's a great idea. I'll have to try that.
This is the year when hope fails you
When the test subjects run the experiments
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

beat it until it stops moving :)
avoid heavy attacks...
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Should this be in the Daddy Help?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

What do you mean by "carefully push"? You just kinda walk close to the chairs and they move. Nonethless I'll have to try that if I want to conserve ammo (which I don't have a lot) and health drinks/medical kits. Thanks for the advice.
Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

Post by Respect the Pod »

By "carefully push" I mean that it's easy to get the chairs lost in the shelf-thingy against the wall. Good luck.
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

-Zhuangzi
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Heh, after my post I understood what you was trying to say. I finished the game like 3 days ago. Your startegy kinda worked but didn't last for long. After that I made my own strategies or just searched for others. Coming to think about it now, the Station is not really that hard. Once you learn how to dodge things get easy.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
get the ufo ending and use the lazor pistol.