Funny Moments on Homecoming?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Funny Moments on Homecoming?

Post by Mephisto »

I did a search but nothing came, I apologize if there's a thread like this somewhere.

Well, any funny moments with your Homecoming game? I had a few, but the one that I really laughed a lot happened today: I was at the Police Station trying to get out, there was 2 Schisms trying to attack me in 1 room, I dodged all of their attacks, countered or just slashed'em. Then, one of the bastards did it's "special move" but the other Schism got in front of me while the other was opening it's "mouth". The result, the other Schism died. It was funny because the one that just killed it became angry, I don't know, he kinda yelled at me just like "WHY!!!!"

Well, it may not be funny for you but it was damn funny for me :P
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I laughed really hard when I saw the Pyramid Head costume... That was really lame... All the "unlockable bonus" in this game are hilarious...
Lobsel Vith
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lobsel Vith »

I laughed when Alex's mother yelled
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
You don't know anything about Silent Hill!
or something like that. I couldn't help but be reminded of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

The first time I heard wheeler say "shiiiiit we cant go that way" had me a my friend laughing for the longest time.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Lobsel Vith wrote:I laughed when Alex's mother yelled
or something like that. I couldn't help but be reminded of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men
I think that quote can be adressed to the development team...
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Mustang wrote:The first time I heard wheeler say "shiiiiit we cant go that way" had me a my friend laughing for the longest time.
same. i laughed so hard when i heard that. i still chuckle every time i hear it.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

KageReneko wrote:
I think that quote can be adressed to the development team...
oh... burned...

I haven't beaten Homecoming, as it hasn't come in the mail, but I've played it, and I think they did an alright job. I'd say they don't know as much as team silent, but it's definitely good for the first non-Silent developed game. Plus, I'm beginning to think new developers is a good idea. You don't want Team Silent to overstay their welcome like Sonic Team has (although Unleashed was fun). It would be great if in a few years Team Silent came back and made a comeback Silent Hill game that blew everyone away.
The first time I heard wheeler say "shiiiiit we cant go that way" had me a my friend laughing for the longest time.
Hahaha, I've seen a part where he says that, yeah that is pretty funny :lol: [/i]
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Elle. Bitch was made of lol. I knew she would be an epic failure when she went;

"And if you did know, would you have done something about it?"

What the hell is he supposed to do? I mean if she can't do anything to help the state of the town, why would he be able to.

The girl was just apparently sitting around for four years waiting for the solider-boy to save the day with his kick-ass fire-axe-twirl.

The best thing though was her AI. She'd run towards the enemies, ducking to cover under there feet, usually yelling "get away from me". This was especially funny in the sewer levels, where she'd duck in shitty, murky waters, begging the Lurkers for mercy.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The best thing though was her AI. She'd run towards the enemies, ducking to cover under there feet, usually yelling "get away from me". This was especially funny in the sewer levels, where she'd duck in shitty, murky waters, begging the Lurkers for mercy.
Lol I noticed that too :P
I let a Needler attack her once, only to see what happens. And damn, I was surprised! I thought that she would die in just 1 hit or somethin'.
Q The Muse
Just Passing Through

Post by Q The Muse »

After the 15th some-odd time I had to have the same conversation with Dr Fitch I started to get VERY frustrated and my answers became a little negative after a while. I laughed my ass off after Alex told him to "stop talking like an idiot" :lol:
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/Leviathan_Diablerae/dangerousgases.jpg[/img]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

First Homecoming is a great game

second

the funnist part for me is when he is in the hospital elevator and hears ph coming and starts pressing the button again.

lol

"Start moving you damn elevator, go go GO :shock:
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Pretty much anytime Deputy Wheeler opens his mouth to say something. :mrgreen:

Also, the time that Alex met Elle at the missing persons board and he totally blew off her attempt at rekindling an old flame by repeatedly asking her if she had seen his younger brother. :lol:
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Hahaha Wheeler rules!
Remember when Alex and Elle are about to kiss and (I guess it was Wheeler, or was it a monster? Damn, weak memory fails :x ) comes and Alex is kinda "Shit. . . Not now goddammit :roll:"
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Call me demented, but I let out a wee chuckle when the mayor was crushed by Sepulcher. Soon after, however, I feared for my life.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

warfare315 wrote:Call me demented, but I let out a wee chuckle when the mayor was crushed by Sepulcher. Soon after, however, I feared for my life.
Don't feel bad about it.

Looking back on it now, Bartlett was a real jerk and so was Fitch. :x

I think I'm glad that they got killed by manifestations of their own children, it really adds a sense of irony to it.
Des573
Just Passing Through

Post by Des573 »

Deputy Wheeler
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Was it anything specific about Wheeler or just his whole every time you saw him
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Maybe he's talking about Wheeler in general :lol:
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

This.

And when I saw that a certain monster had some blackened male anatomy.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

Oh, god, a lot.

+ "How about I slap you and kill you?" made orange juice come out of my nose. True story. And then Alex's response to it, "Yes, sir..." in that butthurt, kicked puppy tone. I was half laughing and half "d'aawww"ing.

+ At the very beginning when Alex asks Josh where the last place he saw Robbie was, and Josh just says, "In my room." I was like... THEN WTF ARE YOU LOOKING FOR HIM HERE FOR, YOU WEIRDO. GO HOME.

+ "Now you listen to me, you little asshole" ; "I'm not going anywhere with you, you freak. Can't you take a hint and get the hell away from me?" Everyone in Shepherd's Glen had their own special way of telling Alex to fuck off and leave them alone, but Mayor Bartlett was, by far, the best at it.

+ When you're in the graveyard and you come across Mayor Bartlett digging in the graves, and Alex blurts out, "What's that guy doing?" I was like... really, Alex? Really?

+ When they're all on the boat and Alex yells "Let go of her!" trying to be threatening, and then just gets knocked in the water and is useless.

I love the boy to death, but every scene that could basically be summarized by the word "DERP" had me laughing. A lot of the deleted dialogue I pulled from the PC version killed me too.

There are a few other random things that got me too, like, well...

this
this
and this
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal