Special Kills?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Special Kills?

Post by Mephisto »

How do I do a Special Kill? I could only do one once when I was fighting a Feral with the Combat Knife. Alex kinda ripped the dog's head. I thought it was damn cool but there's no way to do it again. What do I have to do? Was this a counter of some sort or what?
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

To initiate a finishing move on a monster, they have to be stunned by using a heavy attack. Then, use another heavy attack and you should do a finishing move on the monster you're fighting. I haven't played the game in a month, so the details may be a little off.
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Thanks man, I'll have to try that out. After I "master the trick" I'll add some tips.

EDIT: Haha, no tricks required. It's just like Bowl Cat XL said. All you have to do is land a powerful attack on a guy and then press the heavy attack button again. I did it many times while fighting Order Soldiers and Schisms. Piece o'cake, and I thought that it was hard or just a random manauver. . .
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

I also enjoyed shoving a axe in the middle of a order members skull then kicking the remains on the floor or cutting open their neck with the ceremonial dagger :twisted:

I just finished the game today. Pretty awesome :mrgreen:
^^
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I also enjoyed shoving a axe in the middle of a order members skull then kicking the remains on the floor
Wicked! I'll have to try this one! :mrgreen:
or cutting open their neck with the ceremonial dagger :twisted:
That one was cool, but the Soldiers look like robots, they won't even scream when you pierce their necks with the knife. :?

Also, I'm about to rescue Wheeler and Elle. I'm trying to not finish this game fast because I want to enjoy it as much as possible by exploring, grabbing stuff, learning fighting tricks, or just fuckin' around. :P
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Awesome, your gunna have to tell me which ending you get when you finish the game :mrgreen:
^^