Needler 1 Hit Kill (Melee tactic)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Needler 1 Hit Kill (Melee tactic)

Post by Mephisto »

I figured that this wasn't posted yet.

To kill a Needler with 1 hit (without the use of the handgun) you have to grab the Fireaxe or Pulaski axe and right after a Needler appears rush into it and dodge forward and use the high attack button. (O and Square on PS3, B and X on X360) the attack will land in the Needler's torso and head, finishing it off. You need to time perfectly though. I did it 3 times, so I figured that it works.

Also, if you can't land this attack and is wasting so much health I suggest you to give up, Alex doesn't do a finisher anyway it's just a normal attack, but it's better than aiming at the Needler's head and wasting bullets. (If you guys ever did it. I'll confess that I never finished a Needler with a handgun bullet, I only kill'em using close attacks and the Laser Pistol, I only killed'em with the handgun in that elevator area.)
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

And I thought you just had to be extremly lucky to get those, thanks for posting this as it may help me in my future playthroughs :mrgreen:

Though are you sure it can only be done with the fireaxe?
^^
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Well, I only did this with both axes. I'm not sure if you can do this with the knife 'cause the attack would land only in the Needler's torso. As for the pipe, well, you'd hit the same spot as the knife.

And I'm glad that this, hopefully, will help someone.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Nice, I have to try this out :) thanks for the tip.
Lobsel Vith
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lobsel Vith »

I tried it out (thinking that it wouldn't work or I'd screw it up), and it worked on the first try. I'll never doubt you again Mephisto!
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

it worked! Thanks, Mephisto!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

That's awesome guys, I'm glad to help! :D