Who are the bosses? *spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Maverick
Just Passing Through

Who are the bosses? *spoilers*

Post by Maverick »

Are the bosses the children of the parents who murdered them? Did they somehow reincarnate themselves to exact revenge on them?

I'm sorry if the question is obvious but I really have no idea.

The first boss killed the Mayor and I figured it was Joey coming back to life.

The second boss killed Doc Fitch, who I imagine is his daughter Scarlet. *the bosse's name is Scarlet so that's kind of a gimmie in my opinion*

The third boss was meant to kill Judge Holloway but she managed to get her ass out of the frying pan thanks to Alex.

The Final boss had Joshua in her stomach so I figured it was Joshua who was controling her somehow. Alex was the one who killed Joshua so he would want to get revenge on him.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Like I said sorry if it's really obvious.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The monsters are representations of the children and the way in which each was killed: Sepulcher is made from the earth, and Joey was buried alive; Scarlet is a skinless doll, and Scarlet F. was skinned alive (and ♥d dolls); Asphyxia is named after "asphyxiation," and Nora was suffocated; Amnion is a spider-monster, and Joshua was fascinated w/ spiders—in addition to being born too soon from the amniotic sac of Amnion, and converse to dying too soon as the future Master of Arms.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

Thanks a lot :D , I always figured it but never had any proof of it. I didn't know Scarlet was skinned :x
Droo

Post by Droo »

I didn't think Scarlet was skinned. I thought she was just cut a whole bunch and bled out.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

In the game it is said that she was "dismembered". Not skinned, these are the same? I don't think so. Dismemberment is taking the limbs off someone or am I wrong?
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

She was dissmembered.. from what i understood
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Dismembered, yes. Sorry: It's been a while.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

Anyone know why Pyramid Head killed Alex's father? Any symbolism to it?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Adam is being punished by Silent Hill itself for failing to complete the Sacrifice ritual and appease God. Therefore, as the collective of Shepherd's Glen believed, the Bogeyman came to punish him for his failure. It can also represent Adam's tortured nature, mistreating Alex for all those years, and then regretting it as Alex turned into a man. He couldn't bear to kill his son, and was stricken with grief for never having made his love apparent to Alex. He was torn between duty to his family, and duty to his God and town. It was rather fitting for him to be split in two, though perhaps even more fitting for him to have been ripped apart as Lillian was instead, as it would have illustrated the "torn between two duties" more fully. However, it's accepted that the bogey man kills him at the beginning of the game as well, possibly for the same reason. As the other children are shown being sacrificed, he is wheeled into the room and left alive, failure on the doctor's part (Adam is the doctor, and the corpse in two halves with the key in the operating theater is that doctor) to sacrifice his son when the rest were taken.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

you know I never thought of that.
redhook96
Just Passing Through

Post by redhook96 »

Was the father at the confessional alex father :?:
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

Was the father at the confessional alex father
I think that was just Silent Hill showing Alex his father's true feelings. But I'm pretty sure that was not him physically. He was strapped in that room after all.