Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Dec 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Could you perhaps tell me the flaw in my argument
The r.p.t. doesn't rape anything.

>mmy brought two up

"When you bring in Silent Hill 2, however, Homecoming starts to look [. . .]" —DistantJ (Sun 28 Feb, 2010 6:41 pm)

"I still think Silent Hill 2 gets a lot more credit than deserved, as a whole." —paladin181 (Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:41 pm)

"i think silent hill2 gets way more credit then it deserves" —ww_andi (Mon 01 Mar, 2010 12:22 am)

"The reason Silent Hill 2 is so great is [. . .] —MMY (Mon 01 Mar, 2010 1:28 am)

Now, then: Which came first?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
PH is overrated anyways. i hope they axe him altogether if there's any future games.

Sh2 is a great game and all, but it's the only SH game that will actually put me to sleep while playing. should be made into a film

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3837
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
pyramid head was only meant to be in sh2 he relates strictly to james, I think the creator of pyramid head said so himself somewhere.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7988
Quote:
Sh2 is a great game and all, but it's the only SH game that will actually put me to sleep while playing.

My thoughts exactly.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2009
Notes left: 1085
Last seen at: Greece
^As much as I love SH2, I have to agree too.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
Count me in on that one as well.

SPRINGS02 wrote:
pyramid head was only meant to be in sh2 he relates strictly to james, I think the creator of pyramid head said so himself somewhere.

Not entirely... There are tonnes of discussions of that all over the forum, so I won't go into it in here, but you should look it up, there's some really interesting things to learn about PH, the 'red god' etc.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Last seen at: Right behind you
DistantJ wrote:
Ugh. What now? Could you perhaps tell me the flaw in my argument instead of just sarcastic 'facepalm' crap? I think what I said was perfectly valid.
I'll handle that. The Red Pyramid Thing never actually rapes anything. Still trying to figure out why everyone associates him with rape, myself, as I've NEVER seen it.

=====================================================

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>I'll handle that.
I already did on the previous page.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Last seen at: Right behind you
I see. Didn't see that there, MMY. Argument stands though, and no, DistantJ, I'm not trying to gang up on you.

=====================================================

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
lol paladin I've never had a problem with you. I just don't get it that somebody felt the need to quote my post and type 'facepalm' with no explanation as to what I said wrong so I could discuss it.

With the talk of PH raping stuff I was just casually referring to the way he seems to be in some sort of sexual contact with the mannequin creatures. I thought the word would be quicker and more sarcastic.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
well it always kinda looked like sex to me just without the naughty stuff and not to mention alot of the sexual frustration james felt i can see the symbolism of the "positions: pmh takes with the monsters

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Dec 2009
Notes left: 88
Last seen at: Denmark
I thought it was a great game. It was the game that got me into the Silent Hill series. Late to the party, but hey... I got there :mrgreen:

Now that I've completed SH3 and 4 after Homecoming. I think of the biggest strengths of silent hill is that it isnt tied down to a single story through all games. All new character with references.

I had a great time with all those 3. Can't really say which I liked better, because they all have some different great things in them.

But SH4 is properly the one I'm gonna come back to first, when Im done with more of the silent hill games. That game was just such a unique cool horror experience.

Now Im so far a couple of hours into the hyped to hell Silent Hill 2 :D So far, its enjoyable, but could have done without that apartment level. Ran around confused as hell in there, and with respawning enemies. :evil: And pyramid fellow didnt even invite me for some of the fun he was having :|

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
"Pyramid Fellow"... I think I prefer that as his name. Makes me think of him in a top-hat, twirling around his cane and smoking a cigar. "Ello ol' chaps, fancy some rape and a biscuit?"

That said, I enjoyed the apartment level, but without my walkthrough I would have gotten lost as well.

And I'm surprised that HC was the first game you played. I actually started with 4, so while it isn't my favourite of the series, I'll always remember it as the game that introduced me to this fucked up series.

Post subject:

I thought it was very much silent hill, more so than the newest sh hill release. And it was nice to see silent hill with updated graphics. The beginning hospital was awesome and probably my favorite part of the game

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6