Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 10 Dec 2019




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Homecoming overtaken by the Otherworld forever?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Since Alex doesn't die in Homecoming, wouldn't that make the town be in it's Otherworld state forever? Unless you count the In Water ending as canon.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Sep 2009
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Centennial Building
^or Hospital ending
but it could be that the fog and otherworld are indeed staying in Sheperds Glen, or at least for its inhabitants...

_________________
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
James didn't necessarily die at the end of SH2 either, and Harry didn't die in SH1, Nor Heather in 3. What's your point exactly?

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8023
SH4 and Origins spoiler......................
[spoiler]Nor Henry in 4, neither Travis in Origins[/spoiler]


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
[spoiler]Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.[/spoiler]

_________________
Image
^^


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 363
Last seen at: Singapore
What a messed-up God. :mrgreen:


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
^Very much agreed.

_________________
Image
^^


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
sumcaker wrote:
[spoiler]Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.[/spoiler]


If that's the case [spoiler]then the family lines all being ended kind of ties that up. None of the other families had surviving master at arms that we know of. Therefore Alex is but one of the problems confronting the town vs God. But if you realize the only reason the town was cast into the otherworld was because the founding families and their descendants believed it would be so, then the town's otherworld likely ceases to exist as soon as the last member who actually believes in the punishment is gone.[/spoiler]

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
paladin181 wrote:
sumcaker wrote:
[spoiler]Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.[/spoiler]


If that's the case [spoiler]then the family lines all being ended kind of ties that up. None of the other families had surviving master at arms that we know of. Therefore Alex is but one of the problems confronting the town vs God. But if you realize the only reason the town was cast into the otherworld was because the founding families and their descendants believed it would be so, then the town's otherworld likely ceases to exist as soon as the last member who actually believes in the punishment is gone.[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Well if thats the case then why in the Good ending of Homecoming is the town still shrouded in fog if the last person who believes in the punishment is dead?[/spoiler]

_________________
Image
^^


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
Hey, I said likely. :P Besides, for all we know, it could just be the characters you see at the end of the game that are in the foggy town now.

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
Yeah, im sure that Alex and Elle are killed by Pyramid head (or the Bogeyman ._.) or something after the clip ends :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
^^


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 31 Mar 2008
Notes left: 201
From what I understood, the New Order under Judge Holloway have been kidnapping and converting a good number of people. While you fight quite a few members in the lair there must be some non-combat-competent members still lurking around and holding onto their beliefs. Once they either come out of it or die the otherworld should dissipate.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11979
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Perhaps Alex himself comes to believe in it, since he's just spent the last few hours going through what he went through.

It's also a possibility that it will take a little bit of time for the mojo to fade. Real or not, the events of SH games can have an effect on the town. SH1, anyone?

_________________
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Or maybe he has to leave the area being affected by the Otherworld like Harry Mason did in SH1 and James does in the Leave Ending. It's not just going to teleport him to the middle of a real-world street or anything, that doesn't seem to be the precedent.

From what I gather, even though the curse, or whatever, is broken, he's going to be in the Otherworld until he marches out of Shepherd's Glenn, and then it'll transition into reality seamlessly. Humans don't seem to notice dimensional shifts unless they're konked the fuck out.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
sumcaker wrote:
[spoiler]Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.[/spoiler]


[spoiler]What I'm stating, unless the Hospital Ending is true.[/spoiler]


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron