Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 13 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
Thanks for your post, -mimic-, I do like to read a good, unbiased opinion, untainted by the internet's constant reminders of what we're supposed to like and what we aren't.

Sirea wrote:
YOU'RE NOT ALONE! :D Homecoming and 4 are my two favorites!

Hear hear. I think the same. Okay, SH2 is probably my favourite but I am completely aware that I have a nostalgic bias towards it, it's fundamentally dated with nasty camera, controls, etc. I love 0rigins as well... I actually find 1 and 3 to be the weakest as they seem to be the least memorable and with the least interesting stories (SH1 was like an old Halloween story with a cackling witch lady, SH3 was it's sequel, not particularly deep characters either) though I will acknowledge that 1 was where the world and atmosphere was originally established and so deserves credit, and 3 had some amazing Otherworld 'decor', but those two are the games I can't see myself going back and re-playing very often (not that I have a choice, I only have a PS3 so I can only play Homecoming anyway, until I grab me an old PS2 or something).

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
Yeah Catch, i just pretend it doesn't exist. although i will say that if SH4 ever received an update to change a few things i hated, it'd probably be my favorite in the series.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jan 2006
Notes left: 778
Last seen at: Somewhere called 'Great Yarmouth'
Homecoming and Origins are the worst to me, followed closely by 4, the formers just felt like they were imitations, not willing to put their spin on things, where as 4 tries something different, almost reaches greatness, then stumbles and amputates its own kneecaps during the second half. I've never been soo bored and unentertained as when I play Homecoming.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
Kairu, they feel like imitations because that's basically what they are, lol. I do think that Homecoming puts it's own spin on things after a while though, towards the end.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2009
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Anywhere but Home
Kairu wrote:
Homecoming and Origins are the worst to me, followed closely by 4, the formers just felt like they were imitations, not willing to put their spin on things, where as 4 tries something different, almost reaches greatness, then stumbles and amputates its own kneecaps during the second half. I've never been soo bored and unentertained as when I play Homecoming.

Bored and unentertained? :shock: I don't know about you but before Homecoming I'd never spent An entire game fearing for my life. lol

Has no one told you she's not breathing?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 283
krakalackin wrote:
SPRINGS02 wrote:
^Along with silent hill 3 and 4 i'd say.

Agreed, I've said it many times, SHH is the weakest game of the series. Personally I don't play a game for 8-12 hours for a lame 30 second ending...

What about SH1 the first time through getting the bad endings :x I was so pissed playing for so long and getting a tiny ending with Cheryl dying or whatever. Not dissing the game though..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6