This game, Easy?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

^Yeah, amazingly enough, the knife is the best melee weapon against siams.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^Not only against'em. Have you ever tryed slashing Amnion with the knife? It's a fun experience. But since you don't like Homecoming I doubt you would find this fun at all.
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^ Giving me new reasons to play Homecoming all over again :P
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Yep 3 slashes and a strong one, and repeat.. enemies get no chance :p
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

Isn't it kind of weird that out of all the weapons in Homecoming, the most insignificant one works the best in the unlikeliest of places? I still prefer shotgunning the Siams, though.

Once I had the dodge bit down, this game lost most of its difficulty.

Maybe I'll play through it again sometime and see if I can complete it using only the knife in combat. That should inject some new challenges. :mrgreen:
I always push the RED button.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Travis wrote:^Yeah, amazingly enough, the knife is the best melee weapon against siams.
Also against the Lurkers.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Mephisto wrote:Have you ever tryed slashing Amnion with the knife? It's a fun experience. But since you don't like Homecoming I doubt you would find this fun at all.
I can't see how this is relevant, but OK.

simeonalo wrote:Also against the Lurkers.
Hmm, I think the crowbar is the best one for them. It's a standard "dodge, light, light, heavy attack and finish off" fight. I can fight a horde of lurkers and not get damaged at all this way.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
SHF

Post by SHF »

Is the knife the fastest weapon in the game?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Of course it is. I am beginning to think that regarding some questions of yours: it looks like you didn't played the games and is just reading theories and fun facts.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I havent played homecoming since last spring. so i forget alot.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i have it on the ps3 and the controls were fine with me. I didn't really feel that it was action based and i play all sorts of games.

The controls are fine with me btw.

At first i couldn't seem to get the dodge stuff. Then once i did this mechanics were fine.

Now look at other action games and you will see that the mechanics in them selfs are truly unique

Anyway if you are dodging too early or late you should probably work at it. i am sure you will get the hang of it
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I find dodging is no good if you just press the button, you need to dodge in a direction. If you get it at just the right time he'll dodge right around behind the enemy so you can get some attacks in from behind too.

What an awesome game.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
AlexShepherd555

Post by AlexShepherd555 »

This is one of the harder silent hill games for sure put it on hard and play it... As for my definition on what a hard game is... if you get killed at least once or more times the game is hard. I died many times on this game okay I may have killed some of the bosses in the first try like asphyxia and the final boss and curtis (pffft) but that doesn't mean I'm good it means those bosses were not as tough as the others or I conserved the right amount of ammo/health.
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^ I guess, i'm not saying i'm better at every in this game, I got my assed kicked only in two areas of the game (Those Smogs outside of the Hotel (first go) and the Police Station) But apparently I did better than alot of people on this forum (not saying I'm better than everyone) I just didn't see the un-nerving diffuculty that every one else saw (Play Bayonetta on Non Stop Climax mode and you'll see hard :wink:) I'm assuming most people aren't playing action games on this forum, while I play ALOT of fighitng games and action games, so mabe it's my reflexes? But i do agree this was the hardest Silent Hill (or mabe 3?...)
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

AlexShepherd555

3 Was harder dude, try Extreme X difficulty on 3 then try bragging lol :) I mean yeah 3 had beginner difficulty but unlock Extreme X difficulty and if you can complete that I'll bow down to you. SHH was one of the harder SH games second hardest I'd say , SH3 being hardest but yeah it wasn't over the top hard I agree but it definitely was not easy. I died here and there but I wasn't getting owned nonstop that rarely happens to me in games unless I'm playing old school NES games that are really tough like Top Gun, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghosts n Goblins or the dreaded Silver Surfer game...
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^ Haha, I guess I did come off as bragging, sorry :oops:
and Extreme X? I might have to try that soon...
and Top Gun, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Silver Surfer? Sounda like some has been watching the Angry Video Game Nerd haha jk
AlexShepherd555

lol I have and I've also played those games so I can relate to him. Yeah pick up SH3 and try to unlock and complete Extreme X upload it to youtube if u can I'd love to watch it.
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^ Upload on youtube? i'd have to get real familiar with 3 first, I only went through it once actually...
And I still need to get through Non Stop Climax mode on Bayonetta first...
But back on topic, has any one went through Homecoming on Hard with no special wepons?

AlexShepherd555

Nope I haven't tried hard yet but I just got the UFO ending so I'll be using the special weapons (both of them) for hard mode.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I'm playing on hard right now, Daisuke. And I have to say that fighting without the laser pistol means suicide.