Problem with the keyboard control. Please help me with this!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Tender_Sugar
Just Passing Through

Problem with the keyboard control. Please help me with this!

Post by Tender_Sugar »

I just got a chance to play Homecoming today. The graphic was great, but i'm having a serious problem with the keyboard. I set up new control configuration to suit me and it actually worked fine, but when I start the game again the control buttons were all messed up. On top of all, I can't change them back no matter what i do. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, please tell me how to fix it up. I'm desperate now :(
"A dead person can't write a letter. It's illegal...."
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: Problem with the keyboard control. Please help me with t

Post by KageReneko »

You need to find this file: X:\Silent Hill Homecoming\Engine\binds_pc_mjs and modify it with the notepad or any text program... Although it's a bit tricky you can map the keys and actions there and they always will stay the same...I had to do this a couple of years ago and although it was a pain in the ass I finally was able to configure my USB controller...
Tender_Sugar
Just Passing Through

Post by Tender_Sugar »

Thanks Reneko. Now i'm having a new problem: I did change some button but only SOME of them worked. I wonder how many times you did back then...
"A dead person can't write a letter. It's illegal...."
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

That's the problem with the PC version... It is packed with errors and bigs... I changed my file in order to play with a usb controller, then I bought another controller and the damn confihuration didn't work with the new one so I had to map everything again; I'd recommend you to install the game again and make a backup of the original binds_pc_mjs file just in case you ruin anything... I'd love to give you my config but I'm not sure it would work for you; I don't play with the keyword anyway...