Some symbols I noticed

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Just Passing Through

Some symbols I noticed

Post by 206 »

Hey I'm new to this forum so if there were things I state that have already been mentioned don't be too rough hahaha.

Some symbols i noticed in the game were that of the roots you see very often during hellstate and in and around Shepherds Glen. Roots here carrying the symbol of Alex's roots, or maybe even the whole town's roots, their family roots if you will. But you'll also notice during hellstate often times there are doorways overgrown with the roots that may be Alex's inability to choose is own path in life, because his fate was predetermined by his family. On the same sort of note on my replay through the game i noticed on the welcome sign to Shepherds Glen it says underneath, "Where family comes first." I literally laughed so hard I woke my parents up, it was like 2am and they were not happy, but damn that is hilarious.

Anyways I'd like to hear thoughts and/or disclaimers if possible. Maybe add a bit to the list. I have read some of the other threads mentioning about the other symbols that appear and I hadn't read one talking about these so if this was already discussed then I apologize.

Thanks.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Nice interpretation on the roots. I had considered the same thing and thought it might've been obvious, but I wasn't sure since I never saw anyone comment on it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Same here. I figured it symbolizes the roots of Shepherd's Glenn which still lie in Silent Hill. Or the Roots of the families which are still deeply connected with the Order. Alternatively, they could simply represent family (as in family tree).
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

That's such a great observation. I never noticed that before!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

To be honest I never thought about anything regarding the roots. I just thought they were out of place, just like everything in Shepherd's Glen. . .

Anyway: Good points guys, they make sense.
Just Passing Through

Post by 206 »

I don't think anything in Silent Hill: Homecoming is out of place. Despite many people disliking Double Helix I don't think anyone would work on a Silent Hill game to ruin the series with a game that doesn't contain all the symbolism and emotional/psychological stress and power of any other SH game. The symbols and such are there, they just aren't maybe as obvious as the other games, but I wouldn't know. My point being SHH wasn't a mistake, we just have to dig to find out why.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I never said anything like "Double Helix fucked the whole series" if that's what you're aiming for. . .

Homecoming is one of my all-time favorites.
Just Passing Through

Post by 206 »

No it wasn't particular to you at all, I've just been reading a lot of hate posts about Double Helix. I didn't mean to point it at you sorry.
DaAudiophile
Just Passing Through

Re: Some symbols I noticed

Post by DaAudiophile »

Yeah I think Homecoming is definitely underrated also. Nice observations.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I didn't really notice that until it was just mentioned here...great observation. I do tend to give homecoming some heat, but only in the combat area and in some of the questionable design levels(police station) and i didn't like that PH was in it....but overall homecoming was a decent entry.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Where homecoming lacks in scariness, it supremes with great grapghics, awesome melee, and a terrific storyline.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]