SHH Deserves Bad Reviews?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Re: SHH Deserves Bad Reviews?

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Actually i kind of understand what aura's saying, i mean you can't really say you preferred the film's version of the nurses and pyramid head if you've only played one silent hill game. I mean what do you have to compare them to? Yeah it's possible for someone to play the whole series and prefer the film's version(let's be honest though not many people do) but the point is until you play all of the silent hill games how can you say you prefer the film when you have nothing to compare it to?
Babymordred121
Just Passing Through

Post by Babymordred121 »

I've seen gameplay footage videos, screenshots, and concept designs. AI aside, I prefer the actual artistic design of the film more. While I do like Pyramid head's original full body apron, I think the film's helmet looked more menacing. The original helmet pretty much just looks like a red wheelbarrow.
"I serve only ONE masta: DAAKNESS" - Lord Durant, Swashbuckler
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, preferring the visuals isn't at all what I was talking about. Seeing gameplay footage and concept designs is sort of not what I was getting at. It's not HOW Pyramid Head appeared, for example, but the fact that he appeared at all. And without playing Silent Hill 2, you can't be expected to understand why that's bothersome for people.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

When I played Silent Hill 2, Pyramid Head had a meaning, the one thing that made him so awesome, but the movie took that meaning and reduce him to another level. That's why I prefer Pyramid Head in the game.

Silent Hill: Homecoming it's a good game. Not the best, not the worst. I give it a solid 7.
But.. hell, Elle sometimes is annoying (that's not a spoiler, right? :oops: )
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
Babymordred121
Just Passing Through

Post by Babymordred121 »

The is the reason I don't have any problem with Pyramid Head appearing in other games is because his physical form and purpose didn't originate with James; he is more of a re-imagining of the executioners of Silent Hill's past. Though Jame's guilt is what summons him forth and focuses him, he takes his form from a strong, preexisting image among Silent Hill's locals.

They do try to explain this in Homecoming through the nursery rhyme messages in the child's drawings you can collect. They speak of a nightmarish punisher character from Silent Hill who tortures and kills bad little children who disobey their parents. Though there isn't anything specifically describing him as the Pyramid head in the rhyme, he is referred to as "the Bogeyman from Silent Hill." If the bad ending is achieved, the Pyramid Head costume you unlock is called the bogeyman costume.

They have the full text from the child's drawings on the Silent Hill wiki:
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Child's_Drawing

But that's just my personal opinion. Anyway. Out of ten, I think I'd give Homecoming an eight, but I'm sort of a softy when it comes to being harsh and critical.
"I serve only ONE masta: DAAKNESS" - Lord Durant, Swashbuckler