Through the Fog

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Through the Fog

Post by KiramidHead »

My theory may be a bit of a longshot, but here goes. As you may recall, after escaping from Judge Holloway, you have to retrieve a key from a room where you fight two Order Soldiers and find a steel pipe. You also find a book on a desk titled Through the Fog: A Skeptic in Silent Hill, whose author is one Paul Scheible. It states that the strange occurences in SH may simply be the delusions of fanatics. Later on, you can listen in on a conversation between two Order Soldiers. One mentions says "we haven't heard from Brian and Paul in a while." This, and the fact that the book is found next to a typewriter, makes me suspect that Paul Scheible, the Order Soldier in the typewriter room, and the Paul mentioned in the conversation, are one and the same, and that the purpose of the book was to divert attention away from the nefarious goings on within the Church of the Holy Way. Thoughts?
AuraTwilight

Re: Through the Fog

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, probably. Nothing all that amazing, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I kinda like this theory. Not exactly world changing but it's a cool idea.

It's an interesting way to contradict what was written about Wish House by Joseph.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It...doesn't really contradict it, though. I mean, if we did, it'd be instantly wrong, since we know the Wish House is exactly what Joseph said it was.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, I don't see any connection to Joseph or Wish House. The orphanage was part of a completely different sect, hell I'd say a completely different Order, as these gas mask mooks share little of the same theology.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I would have more to comment if I remembered what the few paragraphs Alex read said. But it was a very nice fine, nonetheless. There are times when I don't catch the small things like that. *Is thankful for SHH*
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Er, my bad. I didn't mean the content of the note itself contradicting Joseph's article. They're obviously completely different topics~

I basically meant how Joseph's article pointed the finger at the cult and the note in Homecoming (from what I remember) more or less just shrug's the cult off and says it's all in their heads. Nothing really deeper than that.

It's been quite a while since I played Homecoming. I'm about to play it again with my friend soon.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Oh, I see what you mean now. There's a vague connection.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm pretty sure the note by Paul was talking about the weirder shit going on. Like, you know, people dying, vanishing into thin air, people hallucinating about monsters and shit...

You can't exactly just throw some dust clouds infront of an abusive orphanage and say "Um....You made it up. Go back to bed."