Play Homecoming with Wii controls on PC version

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Play Homecoming with Wii controls on PC version

Post by TerryRed »

I make my own custom Wii controls for lots of games on the PC. Now I have it working for Silent Hill Homecoming as well. You can use the Wii remote to swing for your attacks and you may flick the Nunchuk for dodging. All the other controls work with the various buttons. Smashing Silent Hill monsters was never so much fun!

The way this works is you need to have a bluetooth capable PC (that SHH is being played on). You could get a Bluetooth dongle via USB for example. You of course also need a Wii remote and Nunchuk. I can get this to work in XP and Vista 32, but not Vista 64.

First you have to connect your Wii remote to your PC. To start you have to make sure you don't have your Wii console turned on or this won't work! You also have to make sure you have the right Bluetooth software installed for your dongle and operating system. Put your Wii remote into "discovery mode" by pushing the 1 and 2 buttons together at the same time. Your blue leds on the remote shold start flashing. Now use your BT software to connect the remote to your PC (there are no pairing codes). If it seems you are connected, check your "game controllers" in CONTROL PANEL to make sure there is "Bluetooth Virtual HID Kayboard" shown in there (your LEDS should still be flashing). If it is not there, then you are NOT properly connected, and must find out for yourself what the problem is with your software. Sometimes trying a different Wii remote seems to work.

Once your are properly connected, find a program called GLOVEPIE (its free). Install it, run it, then get my SHH script at this link:

http://www.wiili.org/forum/silent-hill- ... html#21087

Paste that script into GlovePIE , and run it (you may have to stop the script once, and run it again). Your LEDS should NOT be flashing now. Save the script on your HDD.

If all went right you can now use your Wii remote and Nunchuk to play SHH. All instructions on how to play are in the script.

Basically Glove Pie detects your actions and maps them to your mouse and keyboard. So make sure your are playing with mouse and keyboard selected as your controller ( NOT GAMEPAD) or it won't work.

Good Luck!
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

That sounds pretty awesome! Lol
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

They seriously should make a side Silent Hill game for the Wii. Something like the first-person view part of SH4.
PrescitedEntity
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by PrescitedEntity »

If it'd be workable, it could be so awesome...

Survival horror's a perfect genre for the Wiimote, ironically enough (given the console's/Nintendo's kid-friendly reputation). It'd be so much more immersive!
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/PrescitedEntity/sigLinger.jpg[/img]
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

It's such a waste that Nintendo focuses entirely on the family route. I understand it's where the money is for them, but their machine has so much more potential than just what's put out. We've seen it briefly with Zelda, but if they encouraged third-parties to actually put their full attention into creating some primary projects into the Wii console, specifically under Wii motion with perpherials ( like a motion chainsaw ), gaming would be evolutionized.
Captain Coatrack
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Captain Coatrack »

The Wii remote only seems to work well with games that are made by Nintendo, every other game just uses it as a crappy gimmick.
I'm bringin' Scexies back.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Because they could be focusing their attention on PS3/XBox360 where all the serious players are.

If Nintendo paid developers extra money and incentives to produce hardcore games exclusive to both their system and their Wii-mote, they would've ran ahead in first-place. Imagine playing a real sequel to Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, etc. on the Wii where the Wii-mote is not a gimmick but actually an integral and revolutionary part of the gameplay? Nintendo dropped the ball on this.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

They could "port" Silent Hill Arcade to Wii....kinda like Umbrella Chronicles....Would be a nice touch for those who don't have access to the Arcade Game...or if you are like me Die from Sir Pyramid Head all the time lol.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Man, they should port this to The Wii for the motion control's would fit perfectly with the game, Swinging the remote to bash a Nurse's head in with a crowbar would be so damn awesome.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
aaroncymor
Just Passing Through

Post by aaroncymor »

yeah they should put SH on Wii so I could play it.(just bought Wii that's why) :P
[img]http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cymorap7.jpg[/img]
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Yeah, just imagine taking a Great knife to Maria on Silent Hill 2 with a releasting swing, or beatting Curtis to death with a Crow Bar while Saying "I AM A FREEMAN BASTARD"

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
NWC
Just Passing Through

Re: Play Homecoming with Wii controls on PC version

Post by NWC »

Hi everyone, did one of you get the script before wiili.org shutdowns? (mamamia, all those scripts :S) why don't post it here, thagerty, save us!!!
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

This sounds too good to be true :)
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

"It only does everything" should be PCs tagline.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
aRttHh
Just Passing Through

Post by aRttHh »

Hey! Does anybody know what happened to the GlovePie file for which this post was made?? I truly need it! I have Silent Hill 5:Homecoming and I just cannot get used to play it with my keyboard and mouse, and since I've a Wii, I really want to use its Wiimote to play!!! But, I'm having a little bit of trouble with some of the buttons.. (Also I want to use the motion of the Wiimote but don't know how to..) Look, if anybody could help (Please.. :( ) Here's the code that I wrote which doesn't work quite perfectly..

Key.Up = Wiimote.Up
Key.Down = Wiimote.Down
Key.Right = Wiimote.Right
Key.Left = Wiimote.Left
Key.I = Wiimote.A
Key.T = Wiimote1.Nunchuk.ZButton
Key.L = Wiimote.One
Key.B = Wiimote.Two
Key.D = Wiimote.B
Key.F = Wiimote.Plus
Key.M = Wiimote.Home
Key.N = Wiimote.Minus
Mouse.LeftButton = Wiimote1.Nunchuk.CButton

var.speed = nunchuck.Joy
var.speed = var.speed * 15
end if
mouse.DirectInput2D += var.speed

Anyone?? Please??
"That's the beauty of art, we see something because we want to, not because the artist meant to..."
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

You know there is a silent hill game for the wii
aRttHh
Just Passing Through

Post by aRttHh »

Thanks for the info, actually I really want to get that game (it seems quite good) 'cause I've never played SH 1 (someone's gonna kill me.. haha), I've played SH 2, 3, 4 and right now the fifth, but I never knew If I should play the SH 1, I know it's the original one, but I wasn't so interested, that's why it's incredibly amazing that the Shattered Memories version is available for the Wii!!! But I'm still saving for that man.. haha.. Anyways, thanks! :)
"That's the beauty of art, we see something because we want to, not because the artist meant to..."
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Shattered Memories isn't a replacement for Silent Hill 1 though. It's an alternate universe re-imagining.