Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 27 Jul 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

How did you like Homecoming
FUCK YEAH HOMECOMING 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
That was pretty cool! 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
It was okay, sure. 36%  36%  [ 36 ]
Meh. 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
Please don't make me play it again! 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
KILL IT WITH FIRE 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 99

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Who else was disappointed by Homecoming?

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4638
Last seen at: Colorado
^ I actually like Wheeler! :mrgreen: If he was around for most or all of the game that'd be bothersome, but he's not.

I probably posted in here about my opinion on Homecoming before, but I can't remember what I said. When I first played it, while I didn't hate it, I thought it was pretty bad. I was pissed at how much they took from the movie, and was like,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Josh is dead? Yep, who didn't know that?
And the smogs were ridiculous as hell, and I found some of the actiony parts to be extremely difficult.
But on subsequent playthroughs, I found myself really enjoying playing through it! It has enjoyable atmosphere, an awesome otherside and awesome hell descent sequence, a number of the monsters (including bosses) are awesome, and it's not nearly as difficult action-wise as I thought the first time. I simply had to choose the proper weapon and technique and I got past the same parts much more quickly and easily.
I also like the story for the most part- I think the cult side of it is mostly interesting, but the
[Reveal] Spoiler:
dead Josh & Alex not being military
didn't impress me.

I still think that pretty much everything from the church onwards is utter crap, and Alex & Elle's conversation at the billboard & the Missing Persons flyers confuse me and how I thought the dimensions of SH worked.

Subway Guard

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
^The game definitely has its highs and lows, and it's definitely not as hard as some make it out to be. like others stated, it's all about finding out the attack pattern and figuring out which weapon works best. the knife can essentially be used for all enemies, but I really liked using the axe. I also agree about the story.. the cult related stuff and Alex's relationship with his parents was really interesting to me, but the Alex and Josh stuff not so much.

I forgot since it's been so long, but the character models were the thing I had a gripe with. I think the men looked pretty ok, and had decent enough detail, but the women were all horrible. the hair and lighting was done very poorly, and I thought we were going to get this awesome looking Elle based on her character art, but nope.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 04 May 2013
Notes left: 38
For the moment I am in the cimetery.

I don't like it. In the nightmare I thought I was playing the movie. It doesn't have its own personnality. What I like about SH is that every single game has its own personnality but this one doesn't. It's a recreation of the movie personnality for the moment and it's bad. And a cimetery ? come on ! Such a bad idea, Silent Hill is about places where you feel comfortable in the real world ususally and disturb in the game. so cliché to use a cimetery.
And why his childhood city looks like Silent Hill ?
It's just a game that try hard to looks like SH but isn't. Huge disappointment for the moment and doesn't worth the 15$ I've puted in it.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1874
Last seen at: Los Angeles
Let me see if I understand you correctly-
Because the game has a Pyramid headed character and an Otherworld transition that are visually parallel to the film, the game is devoid of any sort of unique traits or personality? Goodness...

Also, there is a cemetery in Silent Hill 2. Two of them, actually. And there's a cemetery in Silent Hill 4.
But, yeah, you're right, boo Homecoming! How dare you use imagery that is supposed to invoke ideas fear and death!

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7937
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ Damn, I was about to write something like this! Well, you won for now. Gotta run the next time...

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4638
Last seen at: Colorado
Typographenia wrote:
\
Because the game has a Pyramid headed character and an Otherworld transition that are visually parallel to the film, the game is devoid of any sort of unique traits or personality? Goodness...
Well, there's more from the movie than that, such as cutting paintings open down the middle to walk through and cult members running around in miner suits and bugs that swarm (and it's not just "a PH character," it's the version from the movie)-- BUT, although those things originally annoyed me a bit, I'm more on your side in this matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10