Replaying the game and theories [Spoilers]

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Replaying the game and theories [Spoilers]

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm glad it makes no sense to you, I wouldn't want to think like you anyway.<
You misunderstand. I understand what you're attempting to theorize. However, what you're attempting to claim is impossible. I don't really have to say anything else to refute it.

>I'm gunna get a mod to close this post because no one apparently wants to discuss anything like usual on this pointless forum.<
Don't get mad at the forum for its members disagreeing with your theory.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

The Adversary wrote:>I'm glad it makes no sense to you, I wouldn't want to think like you anyway.<
You misunderstand. I understand what you're attempting to theorize. However, what you're attempting to claim is impossible. I don't really have to say anything else to refute it.

>I'm gunna get a mod to close this post because no one apparently wants to discuss anything like usual on this pointless forum.<
Don't get mad at the forum for its members disagreeing with your theory.
You disagreed with no evidence or backup, hence, no discussion, hence this forum becomes pointless. I've seen you call people out for lack of evidence multiple times, but you play the exact game that you claim people aren't allowed to play. People are allowed to disagree, but there's no point in just coming in to say 'that's stupid' instead of actually talking about it.
My supply fell through...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

If you open your mind to my theory you might notice that all of the things you just said above don't apply to what I'm saying.
Also you're essentially saying that people's thoughts don't matter, when I thought Silent Hill was all about the darkness within people. Do we need monsters and rusty hallways to really exist for them to have just as much impact?
You misunderstood what I said entirely. Read it again. A lot of the core elements of the game don't symbolically correlate to your theory. You are not exercising critical thinking so much as engaging in a cool "what-if" exercise.
Why did they stop taking pictures of him? Because maybe as my theory suggests he was in a mental hospital?
Create the alternate personality? Why don't you ask my brother who grew up in a perfect home with no abuse of any kind why he's schizophrenic? Maybe insane people don't have a choice about being insane?
When we see Josh in the game he runs away because that Josh is a manifestation, and deep within Alex's mind he thinks he killed Josh.
Again, like I said before, if you think about it, the idea of Alex being insane is a lot more coherent than running around trying to follow the crazy plot of the game, where people suddenly change from being normal to being psycho. The story plays like the paranoid delusions of a crazy person.... no?
Schizophrenia is not Multiple Personality Disorder, and Schizophrenia is caused by unbalanced brain chemistry. You're so ignorant you're embarassing yourself. Who the fuck institutionalizes a nine year old boy?

Who thinks they killed someone but didn't, then forgot that delusion? That mode of thinking means that the 'revelation' made him even MORE insane; you might as well say Alex was a soldier, but a construct of his father convinced him otherwise and made him crazy? It makes more sense than your theory.

Your theory is not more coherent than the game. Coherency is not a flaw Homecoming has; it's merely uninspired with cookie-cutter characters.
Insane people don't make up anyone, they're just there, chemical imbalance and all that jazz?
Josh is a real person, just as much as Alex is a real person, the whole point of the theory is that they're split personalities. It's not that hard to understand if you open your mind.
Plus if we assume that Josh/Alex is in the hospital the entire game being administered shock therapy, and taking his Serum that's Kaufmanns handiwork. Isn't Kaufmann tied to white claudia... a hallucinogenic?
Furthermore if you read what you said again and think about my theory with it, you might realise how what you said just sounds like the story of mad man? Which is exactly what I'm saying.
That's even worse. Now you're taking out the element of broken psychologies in normal people and going with "Alex is crazy because Alex is crazy. He was just born fucked up in the brain so shit happens in his head JUST BECAUSE."

Serum is never said to be produced by Kauffman, a mental hospital isn't going to give a psycho person hallucinogenics, and Alex being crazy in a hospital doesn't explain how he's conjuring up accurate information of the real world he couldn't of otherwise known that allows Homecoming to fit generally into the series canon.
Again, you're arguing that my story is so far fetched by saying that a town of cultists who ran away from an evil cult because they didn't like them, has decided to go on a rampage to appease a God that has no name. Again, it sounds like a story written by a child who has heard things about the cult from SIlent Hill. Even the Halo of the Sun in the game looks like a childs sketch of what he thinks the Halo of the Sun looks like. Or am I just meant to believe that the developers were lazy and didn't want to put any detail onto the spin off cults symbol?
Atleast the cult thing is actually IN THE GAME. Of course I can believe the Developers were lazy; this is the same team who were like "Let's put in Pyramid Head for shock value and fan service and then try and justify him afterwards instead of beforehand" and "Let's make everything graphically similar to the movie."
This isn't a discussion about other theories..... please if you're going to post in this thread clear your mind of your previous ideas and really think about this theory. Maybe even play the game again with this in mind. There is no point in discussing a theory if the thread just becomes clogged up with information from other theories. That's like arguing Wave/Particle theory. Until we get more insight nothing will move forward.
So instead of just trying to look all big and clever by bashing it, be postive, think about it and discuss. Otherwise there's no point in even having this forum here.
I don't have to. There is absolutely nothing in the game supporting your idea. You literally constructed it out of thin air and tried to find evidence for it AFTERWARDS, wherein the entire game is dedicated to Alex and Josh being like Cain and Abel. Hell, in the Hospital Ending, the doctors even verbally tell him to "remember what you did to Josh." Why would they say that if Josh wasn't real?
Now I see why you have such a high post count, you don't actually input anything.
Quoted: The poster demonstrating he's never read Tom's posts.
You disagreed with no evidence or backup, hence, no discussion, hence this forum becomes pointless. I've seen you call people out for lack of evidence multiple times, but you play the exact game that you claim people aren't allowed to play. People are allowed to disagree, but there's no point in just coming in to say 'that's stupid' instead of actually talking about it.
It's not our job to provide evidence for why your theory is wrong; it is your job to convince us why your theory is correct. That's how it works in every field of intellectual discussion, including universities in the real world.

By the way, we all understand your theory. Claiming that we disagree with it because we don't understand or we're ignorant is really childish, petty, and demonstrative that you have no way to support your idea other than demeaning other people.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

An open mind isn't accepting everything everyone tells you. Every time I hear someone say "you need to open your mind," I think of this:

"Duuuude, the moon is, like, totally made of cheese."

"No, it isn't."

"Whaaaaat? You need to open your mind, maaaaan! Let the possibilities floooow through your subconscious laaaaandscape and chaaaaange you, maaaaan! Have you ever given a thought to that, inside the word 'life' is the word 'if?' You haven't, maaaaan! That's why you're killing all the baby whaaaaales, maaaaan! Baby-killer! Baby-killer!!" :evil:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Pretty much. An open mind requires also being open to the possibility that your point of view is wrong, Mister OP; but you keep trying to shut down anyone who disagrees with you and keeps mentioning you only want posts who want to discuss your theory as valid. Uh uh, that's hypocrisy.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Things would be a lot better around here if some of you would learn to respect others and their opinions. It would also be a better place if people would refrain from being childish and calling names. If you cannot post without calling names than please do not post at all. No one wants to read it.

People are free to post their theories no matter how off the wall you may find them to be. If you don't agree that's cool you don't have to read it. If you cannot state your opinion without being rude than like I said...please do us a favor and don't post.