Graphics Problem with Homecoming on PS3

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Graphics Problem with Homecoming on PS3

Post by Number 7 »

I was wondering if someone could help me or give me advice on fixing a problem. I recently bought my first HDTV and Silent Hill Homecoming. During gameplay, there's a lot of motion blur going on. Whenever I turn, the picture leaves after images that are incredibly distracting and ugly. I messed around with the motion blur feature on the TV, switched out the HDMI cable, and even talked to the guys at the Best Buy where I bought the TV about it, because it's been happening to other games and Blu-Rays as well. None of it did any good.

I was wondering if anyone here has encountered a similar problem or knows of a solution. I've got a Sharp LED 120hrz 1080p TV, in case that helps.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Hades
Just Passing Through

Re: Graphics Problem with Homecoming on PS3

Post by Hades »

Sounds like ghosting. Not much you can do about it besides getting a new TV. Ghosting is a common problem with LCD displays, and a little research shows that people have similar problems with your TV.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

This is an LED display, however. It tends not to happen as much with games running at 1080p, but it's happening to blu-rays running at 1080.
Hades
Just Passing Through

Post by Hades »

Number 7 wrote:This is an LED display, however. It tends not to happen as much with games running at 1080p, but it's happening to blu-rays running at 1080.
No it's actually LCD. "LED TV's" just produce better lighting, because LED's are used as a back light. Confusing, I know.

What an actual LED display looks like:
http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/26650 ... boards.jpg

They're just miniature light bulbs, so you can see why they aren't used for the actual display. lol

The 120Hz is the response time, or the refresh rate, of the LCD screen.

If you have a Noise Reduction setting on your TV, you can try turning that off.. also some TV's have the ability to use the 120Hz as an option. So you can try turning that off/on too.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Already tried turning the 120hz setting off, didn't notice any changes. Don't think my TV has a noise reduction setting though.