Alchemilla Hospital - The Map

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

DMChristensen
Just Passing Through

Alchemilla Hospital - The Map

Post by DMChristensen »

I searched for a thread similar to my question and I found none, so here goes:

The map for Alchemilla Hospital in Homecoming is very different from the map of Silent Hill and Silent Hill: Origins. Seeing as the original and Origins takes place many years before Homecoming, what would the map look like now? Is the back door we take in Origins gone now (if you flip the map to how it appears on the map of Silent Hill, where would the back door to that outdoor area be?)?

Is what we see the present day Alchemilla? Or is the layout of the hospital just a part of Alex's nightmare?
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Alchemilla Hospital - The Map

Post by Mephisto »

I believe his nightmare just created that Alchemilla map.
Droo

Post by Droo »

That alternate entrance/exit from Origins that didn't exist in SH1 poses enough problems on its own.

I prefer to think Alchemilla simply underwent extensive renovations in the 20+ years between SH1 and Homecoming.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Droo wrote:That alternate entrance/exit from Origins that didn't exist in SH1 poses enough problems on its own.

I prefer to think Alchemilla simply underwent extensive renovations in the 20+ years between SH1 and Homecoming.
You mean in terms of what we see on the map?

It's basically what Mephisto said, the map can be disregarded because it appears in a nightmare.
DMChristensen
Just Passing Through

Post by DMChristensen »

Droo wrote:That alternate entrance/exit from Origins that didn't exist in SH1 poses enough problems on its own.

I know. When I first played Origins, I was confused as to why they did that. It wasn't present in SH1, so are we to believe that the town decided to take portions of the hospital down between Origins and Silent Hill?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

A note regarding construction of Alchemilla Hospital in SILENT HILL: ORIGINS explains the map variation between it and SILENT HILL.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

The Adversary wrote:A note regarding construction of Alchemilla Hospital in SILENT HILL: ORIGINS explains the map variation between it and SILENT HILL.
Not really.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's what it's there to explain.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Yes, but Droo and DMChristensen were talking about the first floor of Alchemilla and I assume that your post was in response to their discussion.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It indicates remodeling has been occurring. One of the notes read "Currently," implying, to me, work has been done elsewhere before, especially considering it has, thus the changes on the first floor. A hospital doesn't remodel its entire building at once.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

I was just saying that the note doesn't explain the first floor. I'm not saying it couldn't be explained and I actually think it's a relative non-issue compared to the introduction of Canyon Street.
rollerfan222
Just Passing Through

Post by rollerfan222 »

Cyrus Hanley wrote:

You mean in terms of what we see on the map?

It's basically what Mephisto said, the map can be disregarded because it appears in a nightmare.
note that the hospital can be seen in silent hill later in the game., but on a side note, it could be considered as only a map in the nightmare as the map describes alchemilla as an "ASYLUM FOR THE MENTALLY ILL"
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I'm with Droo. Probably the hospital underwernt a lot of work over 20 years... Also, 0rigins poses a Hell of a lot more questions than anything in Homecoming... I think that would be the wiser focus here. ;P

I don't think Alchemilla's incarnation in Homecoming had anything to do with Alex's 'nightmare'.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth