Pyramid Head/Bogeyman Real? (Spoilers for H, 4 & 2)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

MaverickT16
Just Passing Through

Pyramid Head/Bogeyman Real? (Spoilers for H, 4 & 2)

Post by MaverickT16 »

I don't know if this has been covered before, I did check but couldn't find anything. If someone has a link to a thread already discussing this, I would be grateful for you to post it, thanks.

Anyway, my brother has this strange idea about the bogeyman ending. He tried to argue that maybe the executioners that created pyramid head in Silent Hill 2, via the photo of cloth hooded men, actually wore metal hoods too.

It seems outlandish but he says that maybe the reason pyramid head has a metal head instead of cloth is because it actually happened. He also explains that the bogeyman ending seems like former cult members making Alex one of them and is because you become as ruthless as the Order or the fractured part of it in Shepherd's Glenn. He has seen me play SH4 and thinks that maybe there are runes or something inside the helmet to help "influence the gods" to control them like Walter being brainwashed with Valtiel

Bearing in mind that he only played Homecoming and it is one of the only few that I haven't completed so I'm not very knowledgable on it. If anyone can help prove or disprove this, I would be very happy :)

Edit: Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated.

Is it stated anywhere that the characters are seeing metal hooded manifestations instead of cloth hooded manifestations for a reason. I just don't understand why they would see a pitcure of robed executioners yet see metal 0.o

If it is in Translated Memories or Book of Lost Memories can you provide a link, thanks. :)
Last edited by MaverickT16 on 17 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time you exhale, a little bit of your soul escapes. Luckily, you almost always inhale it back before anyone else gets it. Almost.
Ever fogged up a mirror with your breath?
Don't do that."
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Pyramid Head/Bogeyman Real? (Spoilers for H, 4 & 2)

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

In SH2, you can read a note about Walter Sullivan, and he speaks about a red monster that he once saw. The description fits Pyramid Head, but I think that's because the executionners in Silent Hill did were this kind of helmet. So while PH is a product of James psyche at first, it seems reasonnable to think that other people could be pursued by the same kind of bogeyman. That's why I've never been against PH being in other games.

But to answer your question, and while it is possible that the order still dresses its executionners that way, I think the Pyramid Head we see during the game is nothing more than a manifestation of the guilt both Alex and Adam feel.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I also see the Bogeyman in Homecoming to represent Alex's anger towards his father.
The Bogeyman ending could show that the anger finally fully enveloped Alex.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

That sounds interesting imo.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

In SH2, you can read a note about Walter Sullivan, and he speaks about a red monster that he once saw.
Walter spoke about James Stone, the leader of the sect of the Holy Mother at the time. He was the one that connected Walter's mind with Valtiel's.

But anyway, Homecoming pretty much shows that Pyramid Head is a... "Force of nature" that lives within the whole Otherworld.
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

That's possible, but that's not clearly stated.