Double Item Glitch In Church

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

VanillaMuffin
Just Passing Through

Double Item Glitch In Church

Post by VanillaMuffin »

I wrote this out longer than needed in case someone wanted to try to reproduce it

I was playing Homecoming on my PC since I had never played it before and figured it was about time I did. At Church, right before I could get the tablet from the window my game kept crashing. I tried different methods to get around this and finally found something that worked. The problem was I was carrying 4 tablets, which for some reason made the game crash, although it shouldn't have. So I decided to place the 4 in their corresponding locations and save before going to the 5th. I was expecting the game to crash once more so I did not bother picking up ammo or healing items along the way. The game didn't crash this time and I was thrown off the top and had to fight 2 siams. After killing them I realized I hadn't gotten some items out of fear the game would crash again and there was no way back up so I quit the game and loaded my last save. However I noticed everything in my inventory had doubled. I was now carrying 8 serums, 50 health drinks, and 10 first aid kits. The first aid kits were the only ones that did not double since I had 9 before, but it gave me an extra one and everything else multiplied

A little something I found interesting and worthy of sharing as I looked online and couldn't find anything about items multiplying. It only affected my inventory, my weapons remained the same with no extra ammo
VanillaMuffin
Just Passing Through

Re: Double Item Glitch In Church

Post by VanillaMuffin »

Also wanted to mention this now that I've progressed forward
Since I had placed 4 tablets in, when I went to place the 5th one I accidentally removed the tree tablet. After placing the 5th one in the puzzle was completed but the tree tablet remained in my inventory. I proceeded to the point where I got captured. However, I didn't lose any of my items. In fact, the only reason I found out I was supposed to lose any items was because I kept finding my items scattered throughout the map, which were already in my weapons inventory. It could have something to do with the tablet remaining in my inventory, or maybe my save is just buggy. Just wanted to add that in case someone wanted to try it